• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
i started digging mac miller's stuff whenever he dropped watching movies with the sound off and yeah, i really don't think there is a bad song on the vince staples album (though i didn't dig the second disc at first, before after a few listens, it just works)

yeah mac miller is fine with me after that album. i'm looking forward to his next

RP912

Banned
uyhmugzujk.gif

overcast

Alright video is great. A lot of cool visuals, a cool secret verse thing and Cartoons and Cereal popping up for a split second.
I hope y'all bought Summertime '06
I was going to today but I had no time. Even tried on my 30 minute break, but Target didn't carry it lol.
I was going to but not anymore after this:

pLqPtz4.png
Yo, that's really disgusting. Nobody should have this opinion.
This was okay, Goldlink did nice.
New Mac Miller on the way btw
Cool, I enjoyed Watching Movies and I was a huge Mac Miller hater before that album. He's still a huge cornball.
Vince Staples might be a classic.
Way too early to be saying that, but who cares it's a forum.

Tokubetsu

Funny how quick fans were with a Meek Mill-less version of "Pullin Up." I swear every Weeknd feature just sounds like a Weeknd song with two rap verses added on.

Pitchfork went in on Tyga

As Tyga would tell it, The Gold Album is his "serious" album, the one where he stops being polite and starts getting real. If you preordered the album back in January, you got an early download of the two lead singles: passable Drake impression "Make It Work", and the Kanye and Mike Dean-produced "40 Mill". The latter came with a self-directed video, in which T-Raww goes straight M. Night Strugglerap, becomes infected by church-dwelling demons, and ultimately tosses a single rose into his own open casket. (There's also an inexplicable subplot about fitness.) Both of these songs are decent enough; neither of these songs appear on The Gold Album. Nor does "Hookah", or the enjoyable single with Justin Bieber, "Wait for a Minute", that's now almost two years old.

Instead, we have 12 microwave-nuked approximations of Drake songs circa 2013 and Kanye songs spanning from The College Dropout to Yeezus, with none of the wit, soul, or edge. At best, you can slip into a meditative zone wherein Tyga's tissue-thin voice fades into its surroundings, as on "Wham". But then you hear Tyga deliver a line like "Hole in her neck from the fangs/ Pressure and pain" with all the force of a clammy, limp handshake, and reality sets in. Tyga couldn't string two coherent lines together to save his life: each bar is a dead end, completely unrelated to the one that came before it. He is the converse of Big Sean—another guy who knows how to milk a Kanye co-sign for all it's worth—who raps like he is scrolling down an especially long iPhone note. Tyga raps like his bars are transcribed on the insides of fortune cookies that he must break open individually.

bMvlpLQ.gif

Funny how quick fans were with a Meek Mill-less version of "Pullin Up." I swear every Weeknd feature just sounds like a Weeknd song with two rap verses added on.

nah man, i'm pretty sure there's actually just a legit separate version with just the weeknd (pretty sure but could be wrong). still agree with your assessment though

RP912

Banned
Yeah the Alright video grew on at after a third watch. Despite the extra stuff in the beginning, it's probably contender for best video of the year next to the RTJ one.

CRS

Look, for me it's actually "Stankonia = Aquemini > ATLiens", but if I had to pick only one it'd be Stankonia, as it's the perfect culmination of their sound up to that point.

You both know I'm right.

You all do.
Nah man. You couldn't be more wrong. (you could if you put speakerboxxx/love below anywhere at the top but whatever)

ATLiens > Aquemini > Southernplayalistic >= Stankonia > the rest

Look inside your heart and you'll realize it to be true.

Petestrumentals 2 is practically begging for rappers to spit over these. Nothing's wack on here but some of these joints can't stand on their own for too long.

RP912

Banned
Smh dudes still fronting on Drake though....

Drake been winning for half a decade and will continue to be one of the best to do it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Smh dudes still fronting on Drake though....

Drake been winning for half a decade and will continue to be one of the best to do it.

It's usually the "real rap" dorks saying shit like that. Even if he's corny or you're not into his sound, you still gotta admit the dude is firing on all cylinders right now.

RP912

Banned
It's usually the "real rap" dorks saying shit like that. Even if he's corny or you're not into his sound, you still gotta admit the dude is firing on all cylinders right now.

Indeed. People fail to see that Drake had bars since the mixtape days. Shame that Nickelius F didn't get recognized during when Drake was blowing up, because dude was a beast.

Detox

Drake is top five of the decade right now, get the fuck out of there

Drake the type of ninja to release multiple classics and go on a four year winning streak.

Drake bout to drop that 5th classic and have more than the Clipse lol.
These ppl have never washed their drawers on the same water you shit

Nibel

Drake the type of ninja to release multiple classics and go on a four year winning streak.

Preaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaach

(I think Drake hasn't released a true classic yet but a bunch of crazy good tapes that continue to influence and shape the current generation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom