• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tried to listen to this album last night. Yep...Statik is still the Great Value of underground producers with collaborations that were picked out of a hat.

you are stepping out of of line, Nibel.

you can say it's not what you like, but it is definitely not bad, it's great even.

B+

EDIT: your opinion can still be bad.
Nah, fuck this post. That banshee ass nigga is borderline garbage but yall swear hes worth listening to. Same with Young Thug. Fuck up outta here.

RP912

Banned
Staples will sell but not crazy numbers. It's a shame that a 23 year old album sold more than your current shit though :/

Nibel

you are stepping out of of line, Nibel.

you can say it's not what you like, but it is definitely not bad, it's great even.

B+

EDIT: your opinion can still be bad.

B+?!?!?!?!?!
Are you fucking kidding me b? And I am the one with the bad opinion while you go IGN on Meek?

Shit isn't even a C

Esch

Banned
That banshee ass nigga .
YN2skak.png

T Dollarz

Albums that defined my summers the last few years:

2011: Kendrick Lamar - Section.80; Big KRIT - Return of 4eva
2012: Killer Mike - RAP Music
2013: Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap; Kanye West - Yeezus
2014: Lil Herb - Welcome to Fazoland
2015: Vince Staples - Summertime '06

Staples' album will sell over time due to word of mouth. Weak first week sales are cause its 2015 and nobody knows who he is. and the CD was $20 lol

Given how short the album is it could have easily have been 1 CD without cutting anything. Selling a $20 album in 2015 is insanity. IIRC To Pimp A Butterfly was also priced pretty crazily - $15 or something.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Vince Staples is definitely a B to B+, maaaaaybe A-. The Meek is like B- to B. Good projects with different problems, both are inconsistent in different ways.

Numbers are as unsurprising as possible. Meek that dude who's been doing a good job at building a solid, core fanbase to eat off of and rap heads write it off and get surprised when he puts up numbers. Same thing with Wale and CuDi and numerous others, rap heads could give a fuck less but few artists have had that album-to-album sustainability. CuDi shit out Satellite Flight as his last release and in the first week dwarfed all but maybe 10 people in the game put up regularly.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

2011: Kendrick Lamar - Section.80; Big KRIT - Return of 4eva
2012: Killer Mike - RAP Music
2013: Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap; Kanye West - Yeezus
2014: Lil Herb - Welcome to Fazoland
2015: Vince Staples - Summertime '06

Summer of 2013 was special for me. Yeezus, Trap Lord, Nothing Was the Same, Acid Rap, Stay Trippy, Old, and all the other shit I'm forgetting. I don't really remember last year at all.

codhand

Vince Staples is definitely a B to B+, maaaaaybe A-. The Meek is like B- to B. Good projects with different problems, both are inconsistent in different ways.

Numbers are as unsurprising as possible. Meek that dude who's been doing a good job at building a solid, core fanbase to eat off of and rap heads write it off and get surprised when he puts up numbers. Same thing with Wale and CuDi and numerous others, rap heads could give a fuck less but few artists have had that album-to-album sustainability. CuDi shit out Satellite Flight as his last release and in the first week dwarfed all but maybe 10 people in the game put up regularly.

Dreams Worth More Than Money is a vermillion, maybe scarlet on a good day

Summertime '06 to TPAB is what G-Gundam was to Cowboy Bebop, tbh

letter grades never made sense to me

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Meek perhaps has the most organic grind of anyone in his class. Dude unquestionably has his own lane, puts out work/mixtapes/singles/features but they're significant and don't feel forced or like he needs to put some shit out so people don't forget his name, which is all too transparent nowadays. He's not over or under saturated. Part of that is the probation/jail time, so I think Meek should chill before he comes back (he's in interviews talking about he's ready to drop again if this pops off).

For publicity purposes (though I'm not convinced it's a a big influence to actual album sales), the Nicki connection has also been organic over the years before it became official this year.

Given how short the album is it could have easily have been 1 CD without cutting anything. Selling a $20 album in 2015 is insanity. IIRC To Pimp A Butterfly was also priced pretty crazily - $15 or something.

And it's on sale nowhere. Someone in here said Target and Best Buy aren't even selling it?

*Edit- Best Buy has it but Target doesn't

overcast

Summer of 2013 was special for me. Yeezus, Trap Lord, Nothing Was the Same, Acid Rap, Stay Trippy, Old, and all the other shit I'm forgetting. I don't really remember last year at all.
Yeah, some of those came out in August though but that was a great summer. I don't count albums that come out before May or after August.
More often than not though, summers are defined by single tracks for me. Mostly because I'll repeat certain songs when hanging with my friends.
I don't know, I knew Meek had hype a few years back and heard about him all the time. Haven't seen a lot of hype, but maybe I'm a bit out of touch there. Cudi definitely has a strong fanbase, but I still feel like that has deteriorated quite a bit. I guess we'll see when he has an official album to put out.
Vince Staples was only available at one Best Buy here in South Carolina when I checked
I literally couldn't find his album and I live in Southern California. Made me just turn to burning the album.

IrishNinja

enzo outcha puttin on a mill clinic
full

there's really no need for this when we're all just posting opinions

true, its all garbo

Staples' album will sell over time due to word of mouth. Weak first week sales are cause its 2015 and nobody knows who he is. and the CD was $20 lol

yeah, honestly i assume its nearly 100% this

Nah, fuck this post. That banshee ass nigga is borderline garbage but yall swear hes worth listening to. Same with Young Thug. Fuck up outta here.

dust crew bout ready to pass you an application fam

Now it makes sense why you guys seem to think multiple classics get released every single year.

summer's not even over yet, and you already got it defined

too many truthbombs on this page
drizzy already got summer 2016 #ONLOCK tho

damn, forgot this was all the same season...yeah, this is hard to top

Summertime '06 to TPAB is what G-Gundam was to Cowboy Bebop, tbh

had to do a double-take to make sure this wasn't spin-chan...fucks with this post

though i disagree with him alot, Lord Jamar gives the best interviews. i could listen to him spout some shit all day, DJ Vlad struck gold lol

he's got his moments but after revisiting In God We Trust im having the opposite effect where i don't wanna hear dude on anything

IrishNinja

^ fuck

not about that 3 day concert life, but III points is shaping up out here for october - Run the Jewels, Ghostface, some bullshit-ass MF DOOM stream cause star trek or whatever, Goldlink, Bonobo, uhhh...toro y moi? who else should i be hyped for on there?

$88 sucks but RTJ doesnt seem to be coming out here for any other venue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom