• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
this beat is just so classic

Qjbcf2x.gif

Ninja Dom

That's what I meant. I'm not talking about just knowing his name and maybe a few songs he heard back then, but about genuinely knowing and appreciating the discography. Would be pretty surprising if he did.

Why would it be surprising? Dre is in the music industry, music is his full time career. The business is his life. Why would he not be familiar with one of the greatest producers of his industry?

Fun fact: Dre and Dilla both were producers on Bilal's debut, 1st Born.
I don't really think Dre legit knows Dilla's work. Who knows, though.

Dilla and Dre had some studio sessions together. I clown Dre but he definitely listens to a lot of shit, especially fellow producers.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Why would it be surprising? Dre is in the music industry, music is his full time career. The business is his life. Why would he not be familiar with one of the greatest producers of his industry?

For real. The clowning on Dre gets ridiculous. A couple more years, some of y'all will be talking about how Dre is actually died in 1993 and was replaced by an industry plant. A rap producer with more years in the game than most y'all been alive doesn't know Dilla's work? Even though they worked together?

Stop going Weezy on the haterade, kids.

codhand

For real. The clowning on Dre gets ridiculous. A couple more years, some of y'all will be talking about how Dre is actually died in 1993 and was replaced by an industry plant. A rap producer with more years in the game than most y'all been alive doesn't know Dilla's work? Even though they worked together?

Stop going Weezy on the haterade, kids.

if anything PD's ethering of Dre was just the natural comeuppance from a two decades long knob polishing, kids.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
if anything PD's ethering of Dre was just the natural comeuppance from a two decades long knob polishing, kids.

Saying stupid shit like "Does Dre even know Dilla's music?" is the opposite side of the coin that is thinking Dre made West Coast rap popular.

Esch

Banned
Yep, that's what led me to make that crack in the first place. also people used to troll Blackace with similar Dre slander for a minute.

RP912

Banned
I only like one Future song and it was off of GTA 5. Other than that....he reminds me of ten autotune singers and five ring tone rappers.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Bruh...QTip killed that show. Them mixes *mjtears.gif*

I can't find the actual mix anywhere tho. I wish someone was backing these things up or apple put them up somewhere. I'd by a mix for a buck.

RP912

Banned
I can't find the actual mix anywhere tho. I wish someone was backing these things up or apple put them up somewhere. I'd by a mix for a buck.

Damn I though they would have put it on itunes within a day or so...

Q Tip and Soul Collection were the highlights of Beats 1 radio so far...

Fjordson

Not bad.\

edit: Mak only on the hook smh...if I'm gonna listen to a goofy Makonnen song I want some goofy Makonnen damnit.

I may be in the minority based on all the shade @ Miguel in the off-topic thread about this, but I'd agree so far. I didn't love Channel Orange, whereas I think Kaleidoscope Dream and Wildheart are both pretty damn good. Will be easier to compare once Frank's new album drops, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom