• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopite

Ls ain't stopping
XSsJ5gS.png

PBY

Banned
I'm not sure when the culure shifts completely on this. Feel like it's gonna be a long time. I feel like "fag" and "gay" usage in tracks have been significantly cut down on at least.

True. Its crazy that just a few years ago ross is straight up enunciating "credit card scams... that was for the FAGGOTS" like its a crazy punchline or something on BMF. We don't see that anymore thank god.

injurai

Banned
I'm not sure when the culure shifts completely on this. Feel like it's gonna be a long time. I feel like "fag" and "gay" usage in tracks have been significantly cut down on at least.

lgb part seems to be getting better, but the t part is probably the longest off

anymore you look like a bitch for whining about "fags" ruining society, it worked back in Em's day but not so much now.

Gotta give MMG their props, tbh. Everytime we think they're done someone comes out with a big album. Wale's previous album did pretty well, he had hits etc. Now Meek is breathing life back into them.

Esch

Banned
the funniest part of lgbt acceptance on the borders of rap is when older rappers perform stuff from their classic catalogue. For example Nas won't say stuff like

Versatile, my style switches like a faggot
But not bisexual, I'm an intellectual

anymore. some of it extends to race too, on the rare occasions when Jay will perform Regrets he omits the:

Chink tried to knock the only link that tied me in

dUlMFSY.png

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Still don't really have any women rappers. Rap has got a long, long, long way to go to catch up with the social morays in New Hampshire and Connecticut.

Nibel

Man... hip hop can be shitty to LGBT people. Thats all.

I don't have the impression people are particularly attacking LGBT people, but the fact that Tyga

- who claims to be one of the hottest rappers but never got above Gudda Gudda's level
- who left his wife for a teenage girl
- who tattoed said girl's face on his toothpick body
- who started a beef with Drake with neither a good reason nor good defense and lost
- who went double-leaf with his last album despite eating dinner at the same table as Ye does

now cheated on his teenage girlfriend with a member of the LGBT community which is hypocritical for someone in his position and stated public opinions. Like the others said, it's a pile of L that now reached a climax.

I don't disagree that there is a major problem in hiphop re: LGBT people. But I also don't think people attack him for just that. Also, I have the feeling that dropping anti-LGBT statements have become more cringeworthy and rarer over the time, at least from the big rappers.

Can't lie though, the last female rap albums I actually fucked with were Rah Digga's Dirty Harriet from 2000 and Jean Grae's This Week from 2004

What's going on brehettes

Grakl

the funniest part of lgbt acceptance on the borders of rap is when older rappers perform stuff from their classic catalogue. For example Nas won't say stuff like

Versatile, my style switches like a faggot
But not bisexual, I'm an intellectual

anymore. some of it extends to race too, on the rare occasions when Jay will perform Regrets he omits the:

Chink tried to knock the only link that tied me in

dUlMFSY.png

Dont know why people change what they say live, they wrote what they wrote and performing it differently won't really change things

Plus it will make the performance sound off lol

I love the beat switch when Rapsody starts, especially the singing vocals. It sounds like a sample due to the way it repeats but it's Lalah Hathaway going ham. Whew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom