• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn future sound he rapping from underwater in a pool of lean in this Where Ya At. Future and Drake need to do a whole project together.

this tape is like audio redlining. i don't think his sound can get dirtier than this.

4peat confirmed.
Z6uvK1b.gif

top-tier gif. future hendrix 4peat.

HabeeNo

So for those that listened, how does it rank when comparing with the other 3 tapes?

Still haven't tried it yet, but GAF Hop is getting me hype

DominoKid

prod credits. metro all over this shit sending it up.

1. Thought It Was a Drought (prod. Metro Boomin & Allen Ritter)
2. I Serve the Base (prod. Metro Boomin)
3. Where Ya At ft. Drake (prod. Metro Boomin)
4. Groupies (prod. Metro Boomin, Southside & Sonny Digital)
5. Lil One (prod. Metro Boomin & Southside)
6. Stick Talk (prod. Southside)
7. Freak Ho (prod. Metro Boomin)
8. Rotation (prod. Metro Boomin & Southside)
9. Slave Master (prod. Metro Boomin & Southside)
10. Blow a Bag (prod. Metro Boomin, Southside & Sonny Digital)
11. Colossal (prod. Zaytoven)
12. Rich $ex (prod. Metro Boomin, Frank Dukes & Southside)
13. Blood on the Money (prod. Metro Boomin, Cassius Jay & Zaytoven)
14. Trap Niggas
15. The Percocet & Stripper Joint (prod. Southside)
16. Real Sisters (prod. Zaytoven)
17. Kno the Meaning (prod. Southside)
18. Fuck Up Some Commas (prod. DJ Spinz & Southside)

Tokubetsu

prod credits. metro all over this shit sending it up.

1. Thought It Was a Drought (prod. Metro Boomin & Allen Ritter)
2. I Serve the Base (prod. Metro Boomin)
3. Where Ya At ft. Drake (prod. Metro Boomin)
4. Groupies (prod. Metro Boomin, Southside & Sonny Digital)
5. Lil One (prod. Metro Boomin & Southside)
6. Stick Talk (prod. Southside)
7. Freak Ho (prod. Metro Boomin)
8. Rotation (prod. Metro Boomin & Southside)
9. Slave Master (prod. Metro Boomin & Southside)
10. Blow a Bag (prod. Metro Boomin, Southside & Sonny Digital)
11. Colossal (prod. Zaytoven)
12. Rich $ex (prod. Metro Boomin, Frank Dukes & Southside)
13. Blood on the Money (prod. Metro Boomin, Cassius Jay & Zaytoven)
14. Trap Niggas
15. The Percocet & Stripper Joint (prod. Southside)
16. Real Sisters (prod. Zaytoven)
17. Kno the Meaning (prod. Southside)
18. Fuck Up Some Commas (prod. DJ Spinz & Southside)

surprised no mike will, he too hollywood now?

Not a part of the Future flock, but I get the appeal. He's just way too repetitive for me to really get into his longer projects and that's the same issue I have here. DS2 feels maybe 10-15 minutes too long. It doesn't fall off or anything, it's a consistent Future/10 the whole way through, but I can only take so much of it back to back. Production's dope, but he just blends together after a while. As a driving/background/club/hype album you might not even notice the bloat though so w/e I guess.

Standouts: Where Ya At (feat. Drake), Slick Talk *this beat lawd*, Slave Master, The Percocet & Stripper Joint, Fuck Up Some Commas

How do I feel about this Dirty Sprite 2 so far man...

SA8WFlB.png
Come on man, this dude barely rap for shit! Can't sing worth a damn either, that's why it's all autotune.

4M9tZGz.png
You hear these beats though my nigga? You know damn well you wanna blast that shit loud as fuck with the windows down. Perfect season to do it too.

SA8WFlB.png
What's he talking about though? What you can make out is the same old trap rhetoric every other rapper is talking about nowadays.

4M9tZGz.png
Don't matter. Time and place for everything, and you know the appeal for this shit aint lyrics no way. I thought we got off that shit after highschool anyway.

SA8WFlB.png
Lyrics are the foundation of hiphop and-

4M9tZGz.png
Nigga, aint nobody tryna hear all that outside the crib. Blast this shit and live it up.

SA8WFlB.png
Come on man, this dude barely rap for shit! Can't sing worth a damn either, that's why it's all autotune.

4M9tZGz.png
You hear these beats though my nigga? You know damn well you wanna blast that shit loud as fuck with the windows down. Perfect season to do it too.

SA8WFlB.png
What's he talking about though? What you can make out is the same old trap rhetoric every other rapper is talking about nowadays.

4M9tZGz.png
Don't matter. Time and place for everything, and you know the appeal for this shit aint lyrics no way. I thought we got off that shit after highschool anyway.

SA8WFlB.png

4M9tZGz.png
Nigga, aint nobody tryna hear all that outside the crib. Blast this shit and live it up.

Man this is such a good post lmao exactly my feelings.

Yeah future did a four peat brehs I'll wait before I rank DS2 with the rest. It's really dope he was able to be on these songs by himself like the rest of the tapes.

Favorite tracks: Thought it was a Drought, I Serve that Base, Where You At, Groupies, Colossal and Blood Money
Beast Mode > Monster > 56 Nights

Tokubetsu

SA8WFlB.png

4M9tZGz.png

SA8WFlB.png

4M9tZGz.png

SA8WFlB.png

4M9tZGz.png

*sips root beer and smacks lips*

Tokubetsu

4 peat sounds nice but are we gonna act like Beast Mode is as good as 56 Nights and Monster?

I actually think Beast Mode is miles above Monster and would actually list Monster as the weakest of the four. Monster is mainly about Commas, Hardly and Codeine Crazy for me.

I got a chance to listen to DS2 at the gym earlier, and from what I heard I liked it. I'll have to give it a proper listen on my way to work tomorrow morning before picking fav songs.

Future Christ said "She a hoe and a slut and a metaphor
etcgN.png
" My dude has no chill. Quotables galore on this tape.

I nearly dropped the dumbbell when I heard that line...

DominoKid

Monster got: Monster, Commas, Throwaway (you dont fuck w/ this toku?), 2Pac, Wesley Presley, Mad Luv, Codeine Crazy, Hardly

I fucks w/ that tape heavily. It's just that every song on 56 and DS2 is fire pretty much.

I actually think Beast Mode is miles above Monster and would actually list Monster as the weakest of the four. Monster is mainly about Commas, Hardly and Codeine Crazy for me.

Different taste maybe. If that's what you took from Monster I can see why you'd be satisfied by Beast Mode. Monster goes hard as fuck, barely mess with anything from Beast Mode.

Monster got: Monster, Commas, Throwaway (you dont fuck w/ this toku?), 2Pac, Wesley Presley, Mad Luv, Codeine Crazy, Hardly

I fucks w/ that tape heavily. It's just that every song on 56 and DS2 is fire pretty much.

i think ds2 kind of loses steam in the second half tbh but it is all still very listenable. 18 tracks is too long for Mr. Codeinei. should be about 14 or so.

and yeah throwaway is a top 3 track on monster.

Definitely agree Beast Mode future fits so well with zaytovnes production. It's my favorite out of the bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom