• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
that 10 bands reference track on flex D:

the fuckery this week is just
wow.png

[Hook]
10 Bands, 50 bands, 100 bands, fuck it, man
Let's just not even discuss it, man
OMG, niggas sleep, I ain't trippin', I'mma let 'em sleep
I ain't trippin', let 'em rest in peace

[Verse 1]
I can tell ya how it happened
I can tell ya 'bout them safe house nights out in Calabasas
I can tell you not a rapper
Tryna sell this story, I don't even open up the package
Who you with? What you claim?
I was payin' mama's rent when was I turning 17
Soda dirty like Diana never clean
My ex asked me, "Where you movin'?" I said, "On to better things"

[Hook]

That's pretty much all Quentin

Eos

hov and drake comparisons? Nothing in drake's discography is even near the blueprint or the black album, let alone reasonable doubt

Fjordson

Sort of a disappointing bomb from Flex, was expecting a whole song he wasn't credited on or the RICO verse word for word.

Not a good look, though. Some will always question the origin of Drake's lines now.

Esch

Banned
"He's [Drake] undebatably one of the greatest of all time as an artist and I'm pretty glad we're at a point where the accomplishments speak for themselves and we don't have to argue over that. " - enzo_gt , 2015

PBY

Banned
"He's [Drake] undebatably one of the greatest of all time as an artist and I'm pretty glad we're at a point where the accomplishments speak for themselves and we don't have to argue over that. " - enzo_gt , 2015

I cosign that

Esch

Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7vQSPBtwyc

no surprise that mostly kanye stans are putting the cape on for drizzy vanilli, but shit man at least when Kanye used kendrick's all day reference track he kept like two lines and worked out his own shit inside of that. Look at how Drake works in his. Shameful.

Doesn't write his own raps, probably doesn't write the RnB jawns he does given the amnt of people on his roster he hired in that lane, can't sing well, solid rapper technically but there are lots of those out there?

If you're a Drake stan you're basically into him for his looks? i guess? The male Lil' Kim.

1vhTr62.gif

Honestly I will give Drake props for being a personal rapper, sure. He doesn't get the credit he deserves for that. Given my dusty inclinations, I have found myself surrounded by fellow dust heads. Many knock Drake for only having songs about partying n shit but that couldn't be farther from the truth.

That being said, his talent as an MC is pedestrian. He has a very samey flow, almost never uses metaphors, has a collection of corny Wayne-esque similes, isn't a good storyteller, etc. Not to mention he can't freestyle.

Drake's biggest talents are an amazing ear for beats and having an understanding of melody; not just him singing, but the way he raps depending on the tone or direction of the production. In terms of albums...yea Take Care is cool, and I can understand why it will be considered "classic." But truth be told Drake doesn't have any albums I'd consider great or truly memorable. He doesn't have a GKMC. He doesn't even have a Teflon Don, if we're gonna be real.

no surprise that mostly kanye stans are putting the cape on for drizzy vanilli, but shit man at least when Kanye used kendrick's all day reference track he kept like two lines and worked out his own shit inside of that. Look at how Drake works in his. Shameful.

Doesn't write his own raps, probably doesn't write the RnB jawns he does given the amnt of people on his roster he hired in that lane, can't sing well, solid rapper technically but there are lots of those out there?

If you're a Drake stan you're basically into him for his looks? i guess? The male Lil' Kim.

1vhTr62.gif

LMAO at the captain save a hoe video

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

1vhTr62.gif

10 esch-level-fuckery out of 10

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Honestly I will give Drake props for being a personal rapper, sure. He doesn't get the credit he deserves for that. Given my dusty inclinations, I have found myself surrounded by fellow dust heads. Many knock Drake for only having songs about partying n shit but that couldn't be farther from the truth.

That being said, his talent as an MC is pedestrian. He has a very samey flow, almost never uses metaphors, has a collection of corny Wayne-esque similes, isn't a good storyteller, etc. Not to mention he can't freestyle.

Drake's biggest talents are an amazing ear for beats and having an understanding of melody; not just him singing, but the way he raps depending on the tone or direction of the production. In terms of albums...yea Take Care is cool, and I can understand why it will be considered "classic." But truth be told Drake doesn't have any albums I'd consider great or truly memorable. He doesn't have a GKMC. He doesn't even have a Teflon Don, if we're gonna be real.

vtvckJ5.gif

Esch

Banned
Esch just mad because not even Tidal was this relevant.

i don't give a fukk about Tidal, in fact i hope it fails

don't be aggy at me because you've been stanning this guy since 2011, saying he's up there with the greatest rappers alive, saying people have to recognize, he's so talented, best rapper in the game, but he really is what people were saying about him the whole time from jump: a phone freestyling Nickelodeon rapper pulled out of a lab vat. A male Selena Gomez if you will.

28dQfTK.gif

Tokubetsu

i don't give a fukk about Tidal, in fact i hope it fails

don't be aggy at me because you've been stanning this guy since 2011, saying he's up there with the greatest rappers alive, saying people have to recognize, he's so talented, best rapper in the game, but he really is what people were saying about him the whole time from jump: a phone freestyling Nickelodeon rapper pulled out of a lab vat. A male Selena Gomez if you will.

28dQfTK.gif

KWh4NsG.gif

Eos

bMvlpLQ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom