• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

New Gangrene album art for digital

5770524.png

Furyous

That's the whole thing though, we don't know the extent of the accuracy of the claims. If it's entire verses or two bars or what. Where are you getting two bars from? From what we heard, the entire verse and hook for 10 bandz (and it sounded like it would have continued, we heard "boys tell stories bout the man"

But it doesnt prove anything because the reference track could just have QM doing drakes lyrics for sake of the reference.

We need to hear from Miller or Drake until we know anything. But Meek doesn't need to score shit. He doesn't need to beat lebron. What's happening right now is lebron is getting called out on using steroids.

I heard an IG snippet that sounded like two bars. Meek is painting himself into a corner moving forward. We better not here any rumors of anyone assisting him with bars or his career is done. CAN'T WAIT FOR HIS YELLING AT YOU FLOW TO fucking end. He couldn't respond to Cyssero, Cassidy, or Gillie on wax so don't even think about a diss track.

Fuck it, find Drake's ghostwriters:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Far_Gone_(mixtape)#Track_listing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Far_Gone_(EP)#Track_listing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thank_Me_Later#Track_listing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_Care_(album)#Track_listing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_Was_the_Same#Track_listing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_You're_Reading_This_It's_Too_Late#Track_listing

Now for some quality Max B.

Esch

Banned
Allegedly, Sauce Money assisted Hov.

Lk6TXeH.png

make shit up brehs. if anything else it's the other way around. and even if Sauce did trade bars with Jay.... Jay still wrote on various occasions for Dre, Timbaland, like all of Foxy first album, Puffy, Big Boi and Killer Mike and others..... Granted some of those were on songs they did together (Poppin Tags).

If u wanna make a comparison btn Jay and Drake about sheisty creative tactics I'd aim it at things like him making the Dynasty one of his own albums when it was originally planned to be more of a collab thing...... Or swooping I Just Wanna Love You from Omilio Sparks.... Or nabbing some of Feelin' It from Camp Lo.

Furyous

Lk6TXeH.png

make shit up brehs. if anything else it's the other way around. and even if Sauce did trade bars with Jay.... Jay still wrote on various occasions for Dre, Timbaland, like all of Foxy first album, Puffy, Big Boi and Killer Mike and others..... Granted some of those were on songs they did together (Poppin Tags).

If u wanna make a comparison btn Jay and Drake about sheisty creative tactics I'd aim it at things like him making the Dynasty one of his own albums when it was originally planned to be more of a collab thing...... Or swooping I Just Wanna Love You from Omilio Sparks.... Or nabbing some of Feelin' It from Camp Lo.

What Killer Mike song did Jay-z write? I'm a Killer Mike "respecter of greatness" and never heard of Jay writing for Killer Mike. I'm calling BS off the strength of KM getting dropped and not having a budget. Matter of fact we could probably narrow this down because it wasn't during the pledge era.

What Killer Mike song did Jay-z write? I'm a Killer Mike "respecter of greatness" and never heard of Jay writing for Killer Mike. I'm calling BS off the strength of KM getting dropped and not having a budget. Matter of fact we could probably narrow this down because it wasn't during the pledge era.

breh you can't show your ass and then get offended. There's literally 0 evidence of Sauce Money writing shit for Jay.

Esch

Banned

Like i said, he wrote a lot of shit for people when he collabed w/ them, which is why I mentioned Poppin' Tags. Classic example is most of his Bleek collabs (Is That Your Chick, Coming of Age I and II) he just penned those verses for him to use.

shameful

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Amidst all this fuckery, we need to iron out what our next OT title should be. There is oh so much to pull from.

GAF-Hop |OT14 | Ghostwrite the simp

Nicki got the pants in that relationship. He didn't apologize because of drake, he prolly apologized because Minaj tied the leash a bit too tight after that tweet

I was hoping we would get some stay schemin level drake on this, God damnit meek mill

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nicki got the pants in that relationship. He didn't apologize because of drake, he prolly apologized because Minaj tied the leash a bit too tight after that tweet
It's not even wearing the pants, just telling dude he's bugging is bare minimum.

With all the fuckery I was under the impression there was a split, but amidst all of it apparently there was more SB drama. Breakfast Club was clowning an alleged SB twerk video Meek put out more than everything else. Gonna wait for the PD review before I check it out myself.

Furyous

breh you can't show your ass and then get offended. There's literally 0 evidence of Sauce Money writing shit for Jay.

I never said Sauce Money wrote for Jay. I used the word allegedly aka street rumor. Remember Sauce was Hov's, pregnant pause, man and allegedly he came with a strong Chris Paul assist.

*EDIT*
I want to know what Hames Jrince has to say on this matter... Wait, no I don't and let me apologize in advance for besmirching this person's character.

Meek apologized?! If you're reading this it's too late Meek. Nah, Meek attacked the owl, yo. Fuck your weak ass apology. Karma is real and it will fuck you so thank us later. What does Meek have to do to for Drake to accept the apology?

HOW FUCKING DARE MEEK QUESTION DRAKE'S PEN. Drake's throwaway mixtape eclipsed Meek's first week with no promo. Drake making lowkey classics that get played at weddings and in hotel lobbies.

overcast

Furyous, contain yourself. You're on your Noah "40" Shebib level of caping. Out here writing paragraphs defending Drake. Spending your night sipping white wine crying at PD and Esch' troll games.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Oh no Esch, the Kabal had nothing to do with this one. We busy over with the Overmadchen v. Nicki slapfight. Y'all got to own the rest of this shit.

Esch

Banned
EqleoMV.png

Looking back wholly at the Drake thing........It's understandable when you get to a certain point of big that you have people writing your hits or you buy them off other people on your roster (which i suspect he's long been doing for his sing songy shits with Weeknd/PND/Majid Jordan).

Damn it's hard being right this often.
h5TdVxD.png

Somebody please break down what happened this week?

Action Bronson was a knock off Big Pun before he was a Ghostface clone.

We found out Aubrey Graham from Degrassi fame has been playing a character named Drake who is really a rapper from Atlanta named Quentin Miller.

Future solidified himself as the best rapper doing it.

In summary, the south stay winning.

You can only shit on people for so long. Drake has pretty much ignored rap media since Take Care dropped, now they're going in.

The funny thing is that ghostwriting isn't a problem in pop, which is the avenue Drake is most popular in. Nobody cares that Beyoncé doesn't write her own shit. I doubt pop Drake fans give a shit whether he has a ghostwriter or not.

Ninja Dom

Somebody please break down what happened this week?

I'll try.

1) Future released Dirty Sprite 2 album. GAF-Hop went crazy after first listen. "Summer classic!!". It turned out that it wasn't so great after subsequent listens.

2) Action Bronson last week said that Ghostface wasn't rapping like he used to. Ghostface took it personally. Threatened Action Bronson. Bronson backed down and apologised unreservedly. Ghostface still not impressed.

3) Out of nowhere Meek Mill pops up and attacks Drake with claims that Drake doesn't write his own raps. Even though Drake raps on the new Meek album. But to be honest, the Drake rap is the best thing on the Meek album. Meek probably jealous coz all people talk about is Drake's verse on that album. Anyway Drake stays silent. The claims are that Quentin Somebody ghost-writes Drake's lyrics. Even though Quentin is credited on Drake's album.

Latest is Meek has now apologised.

And also, Nicki Minaj & Taylor Swift beefing, but head over to Pop-GAF for that.

Furyous

Furyous, contain yourself. You're on your Noah "40" Shebib level of caping. Out here writing paragraphs defending Drake. Spending your night sipping white wine crying at PD and Esch' troll games.

Yeah, you right, I'm on one no pun intended. Sorry people. It's people that can attack Drake but Meek ain't the one. If Lupe said this cool because his catalog and body of work is dope. Meek's artistry has a short shelf life as the streets are finicky. This is like riding with OG Maco over J. Cole.

Speaking of J. Cole, I'll pit J. Cole's Warmup's, Friday Night Lights', and a solid third of Cole World's struggle bars against Meek's career. Just the struggle bars alone we not even talking production. Warmup might lowkey shit on Meek's discography.

On to some positivity: Omen released an album. How is it? How good are the struggle bars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom