• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

8c600a4f69e8aebc2d63111b6d4af64f.350x525x26.gif
GOAT gif

You know, Kanye was hyping his album heavy and only went quiet after Kendrick dropped.....

Ghostface
Kool G Rap
Andre 3000
Slick Rick
Snoop (feels weird to say it these days, but whatever)

More just my favourites as opposed to the objective GOAT, though.

Nice.
Haven't thought too much about it but off top I might pick Ghost, Kool and Slick too along with Q-Tip and Jay or Missy.
I just listened to Live and Let Die today!

FZZ

Banned
Yeah I'm like 99% sure Kanye is probably reworking the album from the ground up after Kendrick dropped his record.

DominoKid

Forreal tho, would anybody really be shook if they found out an artist they like had ghostwriters?
Seems like a pretty inoffensive thing if the artist never prided themselves on dat "true authenticity" in the first place.

after finding out about Ghost...nope.

DS2 has sold more in it's first week than Honest has in total.

DS2 in stores and available on itunes now

Tried to make me a popstar and they made a monster
GMxuz.png

I don't believe Ghost had them write for him. Truth be told Trife Da God was pretty dope btw. Stole the show a couple times on Fishscale.

In terms of Superb it's clear he had an influence on Ghost. The abstract lyricism of Supreme Clientele was right up Superb's alley. Ultimately it boiled down to bars being shouted out by the homies. Everyone does that.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I don't believe Superb wrote the whole album, but I sure as shit believe he put in some work on Supreme Clientele.

I don't care one bit, either.

Yeah I'm like 99% sure Kanye is probably reworking the album from the ground up after Kendrick dropped his record.

That album probably convinced him that he wasn't going to change shit by releasing another trap album, with strings or whatever the fuck layered on top. Hopefully he threw Travis Scott in the bushes and decided to try some other shit.

Now I'd imagine Drake's album will cause Kanye to return to the drawing board again.

but I like travis scott beats :(

fake edit: What the hell I just googled and a bunch of the good travis scott songs are produced by metro boomin. Skyfall, mamacita :((. Thought travis mostly did his own beats

I don't believe Ghost had them write for him. Truth be told Trife Da God was pretty dope btw. Stole the show a couple times on Fishscale.

In terms of Superb it's clear he had an influence on Ghost. The abstract lyricism of Supreme Clientele was right up Superb's alley. Ultimately it boiled down to bars being shouted out by the homies. Everyone does that.

Did Superb even have an alley before this album though?

I mean this turn of phrase for him is just....what?

fake edit: What the hell I just googled and a bunch of the good travis scott songs are produced by metro boomin. Skyfall, mamacita :((. Thought travis mostly did his own beats

Go listen to the original version of Skyfall before travis fucked it up. song is GOAT.

Eos

The best thing about Travis Scott is the production that's on the his tapes. Most of it isn't his (metro da gawd). The only thing he probably does in relation to the production is this
nah he add some bells and whistles and guide a sound.

But he usually rides the beats really well (even tho he's a terrible rapper), so the tracks are dope.

Koozek

LOL, I thought Travi$ did most of the dope production on Days Before Rodeo, too, until now. That's why I was often puzzled about the hate he gets here. Well... he still knew how to ride the beats at least, yeah.

DBR is flames:
https://soundcloud.com/travisscott-2/sets/days-before-rodeo

If this reference track is legit then I'm just gonna reconcile "Drake" as a rap group with Aubrey and Quentin. Q on songwriting and Drake on lead vocals lol

All this does is affect my opinion on the overall talent of drake, not the output tho which is still some great shit imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom