• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

No. not even a little bit. RSD is a clusterfuck of long lines and absentminded voyeurs and stores do not offer notable deals. Even if you want one of the super limited releases (which are rarely any good and are usually jack white taking a dump on some colored vinyl at 78rpm) really badly, you probably won't get it. There's a better chance a vulture is going to snatch it up and try to flip it on ebay, only for nobody to buy at his jacked up price out of spite and the sale to finally happen back at $10 below original price 8 months after RSD. It's a shitty event.

go to your local independent any other day but RSD. They will have cheap CDs and a cool selection of records to browse. no point waiting in line an hour to buy them.

this sounds like solid advice right here

The list is looking like this

damn, my dude took it to the triple S rankings...that's like the source giving a 6 mic award or some shit

IrishNinja

SSS - Midnight Marauders/Enter the 36
SS - Low End Theory
S - Wu-Tang Forever/Liquid Swords
A - Ironman/OB4C/Return to the 36
B - Love Movement/Tical
C - No Said Date/OB4CL2/The W
D - Wu Massacre/Beats, Rhymes & Life
E - Iron Flag
F - 8 Diagrams
G - A Better Tomorrow

Forever might be SS, few spots could be slightly adjusted but you get the idea

Dereck

SSJ3 - Soulja Boy

SSS
SS
S
A
B
C Thugga
D boutdown
E
F
Garbage
the person who reads this
NZGpri3.gif

IrishNinja

Love movement wasn't that good Irish.

i'm a big apologist for that album...there's no doubt it's a steep drop from Midnight Marauders, but early on you've got some real classic Tribe tracks - Find a Way, Da Booty, LIke it Like That, Common Ground, Against the World etc, some fun remixes at the end. album's got fat no doubt but the highs are pretty high for me, and it's cool that some of the drums/loops have Dilla's paw prints all over them too.

flawed album no doubt but i love the shit out of it regardless, wish i could say that about Beats.

also looking at my rushed list again it's weird i put Wu Massacre over The W...The Jump Off, Hollow Bones, Click Click, Conditioner, Do Ya Really etc...shit i like Gravel Pit more than anything on Massacre if im being honest

fuck i need to get back to Hotline Miami 2

PlayDat

No. not even a little bit. RSD is a clusterfuck of long lines and absentminded voyeurs and stores do not offer notable deals. Even if you want one of the super limited releases (which are rarely any good and are usually jack white taking a dump on some colored vinyl at 78rpm) really badly, you probably won't get it. There's a better chance a vulture is going to snatch it up and try to flip it on ebay, only for nobody to buy at his jacked up price out of spite and the sale to finally happen back at $10 below original price 8 months after RSD. It's a shitty event.

go to your local independent any other day but RSD. They will have cheap CDs and a cool selection of records to browse. no point waiting in line an hour to buy them.

Wow, thanks. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever set foot in a legit record store before. I'll try to find one this weekend. I live in a decent sized city so that shouldn't be too hard.

Yeah most likely. Not sure if I care that no one reads it or not. I'm pretty torn.

Not sure if troll post. We read and appreciate your rap-ups for real.

Eos

write ups are good, there's always a chance that you missed something that you will end up enjoying. also, people who look at the write up but don't comment might use it also.

overcast

Yeah most likely. Not sure if I care that no one reads it or not. I'm pretty torn.
I think every one of your write ups has consistently given me an album I would have otherwise missed, that enters my rotation. Plus I'll check out others. So, they're very helpful.

If they aren't done I know what I like, but they add a lot.

Helmholtz

I lurk this thread sometimes, and I just want to say as someone who doesn't always have the time to keep up with all the stuff coming out, I appreciate those rap-ups so I hope you continue to do them.

i just wonder how he got another chance after how badly he tricked off the first one.

huge chance too. got his new song debuting on empire next week so that will get a push on the chart.

even though I don't like him I'm rooting for him, it's good he got help for his mental illness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom