• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

B_sOzzrUYAAt7CH.jpg:large

King Trendsetter

b
when you're back home, could you link that freestyle? i feel like i might've missed that one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sW1kBUPViI

Look what you made me do, brains blew
My team in the marine blue, six-coupe

Shouting out the Crips...

Just seems like dude got comfortable in Cali, after initially thinking that shit would pop off. Everything seemed cool and he decided to rap bars from the most antagonistic songs on Life After Death (Long Kiss Goodnight and You're Nobody Until Somebody Kills You) - both of which were presumed to be Tupac disses.

IrishNinja

shit yes
prolly no chance for a vinyl but still hype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sW1kBUPViI

Look what you made me do, brains blew
My team in the marine blue, six-coupe

Shouting out the Crips...

Just seems like dude got comfortable in Cali, after initially thinking that shit would pop off. Everything seemed cool and he decided to rap bars from the most antagonistic songs on Life After Death (Long Kiss Goodnight and You're Nobody Until Somebody Kills You) - both of which were presumed to be Tupac disses.

jesus, yeah..that was kinda reckless behavior
still okay putting this on puffy's plate though

Courage

Even if we do end up listening to them on the same day, I feel they complement each other nicely. Gonna listen to Bronson first tho.

IrishNinja

Blackmoonr.jpg

for me, this is another early 90's classic but it's very much a product of its era - if you're a domino/etc you might not appreciate it, but it's got that shit that Boot Camp Clik fans like kams and i wanna say Esh checked for...Who got da props was the lead single, and yeah, pretty much most of the choruses on the album sound like that, but that's not what you're there for, really

Is there a reason to go shopping on Record Store Day if I don't have any way of listening to vinyl? Like can I expect to find some classic CDs out there on the cheap?

ive never actually gone out on that day, we don't have many shops outside the beach but man id love to catch a copy of this, however slim my chances

Fjordson

Blackmoonr.jpg

for me, this is another early 90's classic but it's very much a product of its era - if you're a domino/etc you might not appreciate it, but it's got that shit that Boot Camp Clik fans like kams and i wanna say Esh checked for...Who got da props was the lead single, and yeah, pretty much most of the choruses on the album sound like that, but that's not what you're there for, really
Definite classic for me.

I remember in high school discovering Sean Price and that led to Black Moon and then Boot Camp Clik groups (Heltah Skeltah, Smif-n-Wessun, OGC, etc). All good stuff.

What the hell is this Bronson? Don't go crazy breh.
tumblr_namh9pcghm1qbontko1_500.gif

Fjordson

Is Bronson suggesting he's gonna leak his own project?
That's what I was wondering, not sure what he means.

Surely it'll leak before that Monday anyway so I'd rather he not do anything to get dropped from Vice after one record (unless he already wants out or something).

thabiz

That's what I was wondering, not sure what he means.

Surely it'll leak before that Monday anyway so I'd rather he not do anything to get dropped from Vice after one record (unless he already wants out or something).

sadly bronson will never need a label. hes done just as well without them.

DominoKid

Promo for Bronson album been kinda botched. Shouldve weaved it in with FTD as much as possible. Granted i doubt they saw it taking off like it did. I knew that series was gold a few mins in though.

Blackmoonr.jpg

ive never actually gone out on that day, we don't have many shops outside the beach but man id love to catch a copy of this, however slim my chances

definite classic. Dah Shinin' & Nocturnal are also equally classic IMO.

and man, I'm really fiending for that new Kendrick & Kanye. how much longer do I have to wait =(

Fjordson

Promo for Bronson album been kinda botched. Shouldve weaved it in with FTD as much as possible. Granted i doubt they saw it taking off like it did. I knew that series was gold a few mins in though.
Yeah, also maybe have the Easy Rider video come out closer to the album date maybe. I dunno, I don't know shit about promoting music, but seems like it would help. I mean that thing has over 3 million hits on YouTube.

Hip Hop

I'm really hoping for at least 50k sales on Action Bronson like Joey Badass did.

Dude's been on the grind heavy and definitely a great asset to Hip Hop.

big ander

Is there a reason to go shopping on Record Store Day if I don't have any way of listening to vinyl? Like can I expect to find some classic CDs out there on the cheap?

No. not even a little bit. RSD is a clusterfuck of long lines and absentminded voyeurs and stores do not offer notable deals. Even if you want one of the super limited releases (which are rarely any good and are usually jack white taking a dump on some colored vinyl at 78rpm) really badly, you probably won't get it. There's a better chance a vulture is going to snatch it up and try to flip it on ebay, only for nobody to buy at his jacked up price out of spite and the sale to finally happen back at $10 below original price 8 months after RSD. It's a shitty event.

go to your local independent any other day but RSD. They will have cheap CDs and a cool selection of records to browse. no point waiting in line an hour to buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom