• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Empire good? It looks incredibly corny based on commercials and whatnot, but apparently the ratings are massive.

It's ratchet hip-hop/R&B soap opera that you need to be watching or else you're that awkward guy who doesn't join the conversation because you don't know what Cookie did this week and everyone calls you a nerd behind your back.

WATCH EMPIRE, BREH

ics7fNPGLrtF3.gif

It's ratchet hip-hop/R&B soap opera that you need to be watching or else you're that awkward guy who doesn't join the conversation because you don't know what Cookie did this week and everyone calls you a nerd behind your back.

WATCH EMPIRE, BREH

Don't listen to this man.

I only watched because I was interested Raven was on it.

all I felt watching it was Petty Emotions: the TV show.

Fjordson

WATCH EMPIRE, BREH

ics7fNPGLrtF3.gif
Shit is that an actual scene? Not a blooper? That's great :lol

I always hear people at work talking about it. May have to check it out.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

WATCH EMPIRE, BREH

ics7fNPGLrtF3.gif

Nah, I make fun of them behind their back for not watching Banshee, Hannibal, Strike Back...

Empire is trash and not very good trash at that.

Fjordson

I hear a lot about Hannibal too. I didnt't really like what I saw of season 1, but my wife still loves it. I need to get back on it.

I've been binging The Americans on Amazon Prime. That's a dope show. Flew totally under my radar until a few weeks ago.

DominoKid

Is Empire good? It looks incredibly corny based on commercials and whatnot, but apparently the ratings are massive.

Empire is my favorite new show since...The Americans I'd say.

If you go in expecting an accurate portrayal of the rap game then
U24MIgN.png
Empire isn't for you.

If you want to see fuckery at it's best then Empire is the show for you. The credits hit before you know it and you'll be clamoring for more like the rest of the country.

VVV they trying to get Oprah on season 2 man. Oprah.

Shit is that an actual scene? Not a blooper? That's great :lol

I always hear people at work talking about it. May have to check it out.

Not a blooper. Yes it's amazing.

Really though, it's water cooler TV. Not good enough to watch by yourself or recommend to anyone in 10 years, but fun enough to be a part of while it lasts to see just how far they take the concept before it crashes (or maybe it's already crashing, and you know how much people love those)

Nah, I make fun of them behind their back for not watching Banshee, Hannibal, Strike Back...

Empire is trash and not very good trash at that.

Yeah but those are niche shows, as good as they are. Laughing at people for not watching those just makes you the local hipster. Don't be that guy.

Rumor is Empire might land Denzel Washington for a guest spot. Denzel. On Empire. C'mon man, that's bound to be amazing trash Tv. I hope they make him some kind of OG Triple OG.

VVV they trying to get Oprah on season 2 man. Oprah.

lmao I can't even

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Not a blooper. Yes it's amazing.

Really though, it's water cooler TV. Not good enough to watch by yourself or recommend to anyone in 10 years, but fun enough to be a part of while it lasts to see just how far they take the concept before it crashes (or maybe it's already crashing, and you know how much people love those)

Yeah but those are niche shows, as good as they are. Laughing at people for not watching those just makes you the local hipster. Don't be that guy.

Rumor is Empire might land Denzel Washington for a guest spot. Denzel. On Empire. C'mon man, that's bound to be amazing trash Tv. I hope they make him some kind of OG Triple OG.

I don't laugh at anyone behind their back I was being silly. But Empire is trash, I watch Total Divas. I know trash and ill take 10 more seasons of TD than another season of empire.

I don't laugh at anyone behind their back I was being silly. But Empire is trash, I watch Total Divas. I know trash and ill take 10 more seasons of TD than another season of empire.

I was joking too. I mean, nobody's laughing at you. Giggling maybe, but not outright laughing.

And the difference is Total Divas is trash with WWE divas on it. Empire lands notable names and pulls them into the fuckery before the first commercial break. Plus the music interludes that replace traditional characterization with modern pop-rap/R&B are high level comedy. And the gangsta-mafioso view of the music industry in 2015 via 1995 is amazing
cheese
. It's like Raekwon executive produces the show.

DRIP DROP DRIPPITY DROP

Net Wrecker is pushing this hard.. Hmm.

I don't really know anyone who is watching it in real life though.

lmao, please don't get me wrong I'm not "pushing" this. I wish Disco would catch up with Justified (which quoted the "thrillseeker liquorstore holdup" line from HEAT on this week's episode btw) instead of watching Empire, and would recommend the shows wenis mentioned (Banshee, Hannibal, Strike Back), among like 20 others, before Empire.

But I'm sayin', if you want to be a part of the newest ratchet sensation sweeping America every Wednesday night, 9PM EST only on Fox®, check out Empire™.

the americans really that good?

Really good. If slow burn Cold War espionage is something you like, you should be watching The Americans.

i'm just gonna wait til justified is finished at this point and then watch it all in the summer.

and i dunno man, I'd probably take Empire over Hannibal right now. The latter is a beautiful show but it had me checking the time more often than not. I just never really bought into the writing style of the series. Empire is pure concentrated fuckery, cheesy but I have yet to be bored which is all I ask.

injurai

Banned
BBC has got me sad with their short season shows. Loved Luther, and now I'm loving Sherlock. It's such a torturous love affair.

I need to find a lengthy completed series to start next. Settle down for a while until there are more mysteries to be solved.

serialized tv shows are addicting as hell man. it feels like post-sopranos it was taken more seriously and all the dramas came out of the woodwork

Detox

I have a small bottle of Hennessy VS. What's the proper way to drink it? Never really ventured into cognac before.

Made Nas proud.

Straight, lift get the aroma, twirl it and drink. Savour it.

If you want to mix a little water or go for one of the citrus fruits: oranges, lime or lemon juice.

Tokubetsu

This new Da Mafia 6ix album could techincally be called noise rap. When DJ Paul made this album he had two settings. Loud As Fuck and Not Quite Loud As Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom