• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
so where does the album proper end? i remember seeing the last 3 tracks are bonus at one point.

TBTB sounds so good compared to the rest of this shit. This is how I expected Kendrick's 2nd album to sound. Aggressive. Modern. Hard beat.

that would make i a bonus track... redeemed?

This album isn't terrible. I wasn't expecting a banger...people that said it was gonna feel more Section .80 vs GKMC were on point.

Some of the songs will grow on me, I have a feeling this, I'll like this album more as time goes on as oppose to just being crazy about it based on first impressions.

Courage

So far it's decent production ruined by Kendrick's delivery. The guy doesn't complement the smoothness nicely.

edit: WTF is he doing on For Sale?

These Walls
s50yprd.gif

FZZ

Banned
Done listening to clean version. Onto Explicit, probably won't do analysis for another one. Reposting my initial thoughts for the new page.

Alright listening chronologically now. Will update as I progress.

Wesley's Theory is funk as fuck. Yeah I dig this track.

For Free is jazzy, decent for an interlude. Girl reminds me of the same girl from The Workout Plan "free ninety-nine" And ironically song is called "For Free." Hah. Kendrick's rapping contrasts the jazz and build ups. Slows down into King Kunta pretty fittingly.

King Kunta makes a lot more sense now. Combined the jazz and funk from the first two tracks. Still fuck the vocals and cartoon sound effects. But so far cartoony wouldn't be wrong description for the album.

Institutionalized starts slow, too slow. Kendrick quoting Forrest Gump. These flutes and violins are GOOD. I mean the production makes sense, but when Snoop sounds better on the track than you do you're lacking in your sound. His lyrics are good, but it doesn't compliment the production. He should've rapped softer.

These Walls is the weakest track to me so far. Some Keyoard shit goes on at 3:17 leads into Kendrick's monologue. Last two minutes better than the first three, song definitely redeemed itself. And now u starts with the song coming full circle.

u begins with Kendrick screaming "Loving you is complicated." That two minute intro was grating, now a Hispanic maid has arrived. Kendrick sounds drunk as fuck. Don't like this song. At all.

Alright starts off alright. Kendrick starts straight up spitting around 1:50-2:00, definitely a fan so far. Expecting a lot of people either hate this track or love it, but that's most of the album tbh.

For Free starts off with Kendrick breathing like he's on Yeezus or something. Song is pretty dreamlike. Stays dreamlike till the end, with the last 30 seconds continuing the theme of Kendrick talking as if he is an addict and it becomes less dreamlike and more beautiful nightmare if that makes sense.

Momma makes you think. And then the last minute switches up the whole flow and raps at a higher pitch and much faster.

Hood Politics bounces. "OBAMA SAY WHAT IT DO" love the song for that one line. Helps that it's a great song too.

HOLY FUCK THESE STRINGS ON HOW MUCH A DOLLAR COST. HOLY FUCK THIS SONG. Definitely my favorite song so far. Fuck. Love this song definitely getting repeats.

Complexion is 90s-early 2000s as fuck. Not my thing, but it isn't a bad song per-say. Can't critique it since I just don't like songs like this. "We all on the same team blues and pirus no colors ain't a thing" stuck out.

I love this new sample for the intro of The Blacker The Berry. Something so simple made the song even better imo.

You Ain't Gotta Lie is smooth. Not much else to say. I like it.

i is better than the single. I can vibe to this. This poetry at the end is fire.

Mortal Man is 12 minutes of Last Call lol. Nah but it is a fitting end, too long to describe. Raps at first, convo in the middle, monologue at the end.

Esch

Banned
Lmao this For Free? cornball shit is like the Black Girl Lost of 2014. What a fucking horrible ass track

The fuck is this men's rights advocate, scat rapping swagless shit

DominoKid

"when shit hits the fan are you still a fan?"

of all the shit before this album? definitely.

time to cleanse myself of this and bump some GKMC or something. this shit already ruined my week and it's just sunday.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
man this thing is weird

like I really dig the production so far but there's some corny/goofy shit here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom