• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First half is so bad breh. Thank god the beat switch happens or else it'd be total trash.
Yep, first half has the shitty old Kendrick flow and all.

The second half is kind of smooth but.. am I gonna listen to this again? In what context? IDK.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alright is probably the best rapping performance on the album thus far but the production is falling completely flat. Don't know whether to blame the off-kilter drum pattern or the beat in general.

DominoKid

FLYLO ‏@flyinglotus 11m11 minutes ago
I played him a folder of beats that I was keeping close for my next @xCaptainMurphyx project. Gave him all the beats like fuxk it.

FLYLO ‏@flyinglotus 2m2 minutes ago
Sad thing about that folder of music is I heard he recorded to every one of those songs. Probably never gon hear those. Ooof

god fucking damnit kendrick.

studyguy

tumblr_mwu6zusGCh1rid3fco1_500.gif

I'ma have to sleep on this for a genuine impression.
I've been listening to Lone Wolf LP nonstop this weekend, feels like it was a good lead into this album which isn't something I would have expected from this tbh.

I'll say one thing. The album version of i is actually pretty fucking dope if it wasn't for kendrick throwing in all that hype nonsense.

I played him a folder of beats that I was keeping close for my next @xCaptainMurphyx project. Gave him all the beats like fuxk it.

Sad thing about that folder of music is I heard he recorded to every one of those songs. Probably never gon hear those. Ooof

noooo, captain murphy would have done better with it imo.

this institutionalized chorus....loool

Courage

wow

injurai

Banned

My god Kendrick, release something on Brainfeeder ffs.

studyguy

Damn

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm sure there's some sort of deep, conceptual, perhaps even philosophical meaning behind these skits but listening to them is like
iis3fvedFyKqK.png

I'm OK with this.

Eleuin

Badu really fucked this guy up ;_;

this spanish maid has the best verse on the album so far.

i kinda like u actually, not something i can listen to much but the idea is pretty good.

Dereck

I need the new Murphy

Esch

Banned

Lol real spit, this is wack from flying lotus.
lOGIPk7.png

You gave him the beats... stfu about it. Live with your life choices. What you thought he was gonna release all of them on this album? If he paid for them, it's gucci.

You think guys like DJ Premier, RZA, Kanye, etc etc havent done stuff like that too? Offered up grips of stuff to people that they didn't use or kept under wraps? Sorry. Don't criticise him, your relationship is ultimately that of a seller and a buyer and you took his money so...

Honestly it's shit like this that makes you understand why older guys criticise dudes from our generation for not being able to keep their mouths quiet and their bidness off social media.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
He wasn't gonna make an exclusively FlyLo produced album guys lol.

no, but he shouldn't have stole those tracks if he wasn't gunna release them.

i just want music. give me music.

fuck this itunes download doesnt work. i guess ill wait since i paid for this shit, but come on. makes me just want to steal everything nowadays if it doesn't work.

#2015 #notthefuture

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

This happens all the time. Either be happy you got anything on the album or chill. Some odd stuff here.

Are you salty that the whole thing wasn't produced by you?

It's decent after one playthrough with Hood Politics being my favorite track so far.

i dunno how you can call this album more replayable than GKMC. when that shit came out I had to rewind bitch don't kill my vibe immediately before i could listen to the rest.

with this I'm halfway through so far and I don't dare venture back.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lol real spit, this is wack from flying lotus.
lOGIPk7.png

You gave him the beats... stfu about it. Live with your life choices. What you thought he was gonna release all of them on this album?

You think guys like DJ Premier, RZA, Kanye, etc etc havent done stuff like that too? Offered up grips of stuff to people that they didn't use or kept under wraps? Sorry. Don't criticise him, your relationship is ultimately that of a seller and a buyer and you took his money so...

Honestly it's shit like this that makes you understand why older guys criticise dudes from our generation for not being able to keep their mouths quiet and their bidness off social media.
Real talk ^

I have no idea why anyone is sympathizing with FlyLo in this case. You hear about big and small producers giving folders full of beats to Jay/Ye and pretty much being on to the next project. Unless y'all are really tryna see a bunch of Kendrick references come out. Which nobody wants.

Courage

This happens all the time. Either be happy you got anything on the album or chill. Some odd stuff here.

Are you salty that the whole thing wasn't produced by you?

I'm just salty he probably snubbed modernized jazzy production in place for this safe, dull shit.

RBK

Banned
i dunno how you can call this album more replayable than GKMC. when that shit came out I had to rewind bitch don't kill my vibe immediately before i could listen to the rest.

with this I'm halfway through so far and I don't dare venture back.

Been explained already.

KDot is a master of these 12 minute tracks as well, Mortal Man is a standout.

Esch

Banned
Wasted 10 minutes trying to find a way to delete the version of TBTB I have. Downloaded the album and it's not on there. I'll have to illegally download that track I guess.

injurai

Banned
pretty much. im mad about it for him though. i want that Duality followup so much more than that garbage he put out last year.

Not sure I would call it garbage. But I too would prefer some Murphy. He should keep flylo experimental instrumental stuff. Not all that jazzy wankery.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's still some passive aggressive type shit.

"Oh wow this album is great so far. Fire!"

"but he didnt use all MY music. I gave him all the best stuff too! I was gonna use it myself! and now you're NEVER gonna hear it"

Just Blaze tier whine tactics. foh
ICUu3xm.png
exactly

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I already kind of feel like I'm dragging myself through the last chunk of this album.

Said this in the chat but there's way too much extra vocal effects sprinkled all over the place for no real sonic or affect advantage. There's a lot of frills production wise but it's almost droning. Maybe it's how it's sequenced but a lot of low tempo stuff back to back to back with no injection of energy or emotion that isn't also either depressing or Kendrick literally crying on a track.

Either way, the production is definitely a negative point for me right now. Not particularly ambitious or notable, and in the absence of that, I don't really feel like Kendrick is doing enough for me to jump at this and say it's good. In my experience, I at least have some clear either positive (or negative, even) opinion of an album on first listen that leads me to grow to like it a lot more over time and this isn't giving me that right now.

perfection, it all feels the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom