• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, some of you guys. What, did you want GKMC 2? S.80 2? What if OutKast hadn't done ATLiens? Electric Circus is great, too.

Definitely one of those records that needs several listens to grow on you. Loving the Soulquarians-esque sound.
Someone in Kendrick's position daring to experiment is always commendable. He could have easily made more of the same. But then again, no matter what he had done he would have never met the expectations after GKMC, anyway. Classic Illmatic situation.
I can see a lot of his casual fans be driven away, haha.

I want to check KTT, right now, but I fear for my sanity.

Agree with your thoughts on the album im loving it a lot.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Listened from start to finish then just jumped back to track one. It's not often I get enthralled with a full album instead of just individual tracks but this might be the next exception to that.

Ohnonono

It got taken back off of iTunes.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/6502232/update-kendrick-lamars-to-pimp-a-butterfly-gets-accidental

Which I think is a terrible, terrible idea. They should've just let it stay up. People are going to pirate this shit out of this.

Oh man that is horse shit. Makes me want to cancel the pre-order and just listen to it on spotify. Give them a sale they don't care about in a couple months. It friggin' pushed on itunes, let it go motherfuckers.

studyguy

Someone should have called DJ Khaled and turned on those most powerful itunes servers.

Mortal Man is still the craziest track I've heard in a while. Did not expect that fucking interview.

Ohnonono

Dem numbers gonna be fuuuuucked. At least if they left up the itunes stuff they would have gotten more early sales. I am sure they just want the numbers for "It sold X amount first week!" and they want that number to include retail.

Heading to class now but I listened to the first 6. Pretty good. Gonna have to listen to a million times first though lol
Not jumping out at me like GKMC did but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Beat selection is great. I think this is more of a testament to Kendrick Lamar as an artist. He may get decimated in sales (or not, who knows with that TSwift cosign lol) but I can't hate him for making the album that he wanted to.

Blacker the Berry should never have been released before the album dropped. That song is clearly meant to be heard as a crescendo to the 12 tracks that come before it,and it would have that much more oomph if you heard it for the first time today cause it's the only #peelaniggascapback #scrunchyoface joint on the entire album.

Courage

I think this is more of a testament to Kendrick Lamar as an artist. He may get decimated in sales (or not, who knows with that TSwift cosign lol) but I can't hate him for making the album that he wanted to.

I agree with this. I respect him for doing something out of the norm and left field, regardless of whether I like it or not. It's part of his growth as an artist. Plus the subject matter is extremely relevant and potent in 2015's America.

Nibel

Well, they needed something to restore some faith in a lot of people

TBH, the more I listen to it, the more I feel that this is an album that just doesn't work with the established rules of releasing music (singles, videos, etc). They should have pulled a Beyonce/Drake and just dropped it out if nowhere

The release seems utterly fucked

Ohnonono

Listening on spotify. This shit is dope. From music to lyrics. I dig Flylo and Thundercat and lots of jazz/fusion shit so maybe that is part of it. Very happy. Now give me my itunes DL so I can bump this in the car.

This Kenny album will be forgotten in like 5 months. Shit aint trash or anything but there's nothing here I wanna go back to other than 2-3 times. 5 full plays of it and I don't have an desire to jump back in. Shit is a giant "it's alright I guess".

mooooose

I don't trust anyone shitting on this album because it's monumental release in hip hop purely based on how experimental and psychedelic it is. There isn't anything else like this out.

What's going to be the next music video?

I'm going to guess Wesley's Theory or King Kunta

I'm actually really excited to see what they do for the videos in this album, the i video was excellent, even with the old man dance

Ohnonono

TDE is run by morons lol

It out , and buy pulling it..people will now pirate...and not buy it.

Good Job you dopes.

Seriously, it is harder for me to pirate shit than just buy it. Makes everything more annoying. If I was in college or something I know I would have already done it.

TDE is run by morons lol

It out , and buy pulling it..people will now pirate...and not buy it.

Good Job you dopes.
How many fumbles can you make on one play?
What's going to be the next music video?

I'm going to guess Wesley's Theory or King Kunta

I'm actually really excited to see what they do for the videos in this album, the i video was excellent, even with the old man dance

I think TBTB

This Kenny album will be forgotten in like 5 months. Shit aint trash or anything but there's nothing here I wanna go back to other than 2-3 times. 5 full plays of it and I don't have an desire to jump back in. Shit is a giant "it's alright I guess".

I think it will be forgotten about by the masses as early as April, if Kanye is back to making bangers. I dont think that's a reflection of the album's quality though, the album's beats are jazzy and funky, but the listening experience is anything but sales friendly. No bangers. No white girl anthems. And the only feel good, radio friendly song came out as a single months ago.

Fjordson

So it's pulled now from iTunes and shit? Uhh...alright lol.

Yeah, got through it three times now and I'm pretty much done.

Kendrick should leave TDE tbh, or demand control. No more having the ceo trot you out to interviews breh.

How Much A Dollar Cost might be Kendrick's best song. Holy shit.

studyguy

TDE took a ton of L's last year. I don't think this is on them though.
Interscope/iTunes more likely. Someone at Apple is prob sweating it today.

Would TDE even have the authority to pull it back? That seems like a weak af reaction.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
dangeroo kipawaa TDE
‏@dangerookipawaa
I WOULD LIKE 2 PERSONALLY THANK @Interscope FOR FUCKING UP OUR RELEASE... SOMEBODY GOTS 2 PAY 4 THIS MISTAKE !!!! #TOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom