• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I didn't try to look that up

image.php

Best Buy gonna have a deluxe version.. Untitled or It's Alive might still be alive.

Dangeroo is too emotional to be in charge of shit.

The album is back up now but jeez...what's wrong with these dudes. I feel bad for Kendrick. His situation reminds me of Lil Wayne: he signed to a label as a kid, those dudes are family to him just as Baby is family to Wayne. But I just don't think Top Dawg and the rest are ready for this level. Baby handled it perfectly but stole from his artists. TDE seems fair from what I can tell, but they handle shit poorly. And like Wayne I'd imagine Kendrick will want to move to bigger things.

studyguy

Dangeroo is too emotional to be in charge of shit.

The album is back up now but jeez...what's wrong with these dudes. I feel bad for Kendrick. His situation reminds me of Lil Wayne: he signed to a label as a kid, those dudes are family to him just as Baby is family to Wayne. But I just don't think Top Dawg and the rest are ready for this level. Baby handled it perfectly but stole from his artists. TDE seems fair from what I can tell, but they handle shit poorly. And like Wayne I'd imagine Kendrick will want to move to bigger things.

Carry a label on your back, brehs

studyguy

When was the last time Black Hippy was a thing. Wasn't that Q's idea to literally carry each other on each other's backs until someone made it?

It's been a good minute since it was a thing.
Went back to the interview following that XXL cover where Q called it disrespectful. That was 2013, talking about how Jay Rock doesn't have an album yet but will soon. 2015 and it's still Soon™

IrishNinja

EDIT: I underrated Wesley's Theory. Should be in my track ranking up there. Funky as hell. Love the synths/keys

I fucks with any rapitty rap cat fuckin with Pete Rock in 2015. Im glad hes on the album.

co-singing these posts

Sonically, this album reminds me of Hi Tek and Kweli's Reflektion Eternal with some west coast g funk thrown in, thematically, it reminds me of the social awareness, self examination and emotional ups and downs of Me Against the World, though less well executed.

on the surface i kinda wanna cosign this too, but while the instrumentation's there the vibe isn't what i took from Reflection overall

Mr. Wonderful coming.
What a month.

bless

What.

It's on spotify. It's on all the torrent sites.

This is the opposite of how to sell records.

TDE management in 2015 brehs

Album is growing on me, but those skits/interludes man
9jbmghmprw.png

see that's how you know he was trynna channel classic hip hop shit; the best albums always had some corny ass skits you had to skip over

Had to vote for Denzel but Maco would be next.

didn't know denzel was from carol city, that's cool. forgot Quest was from MIA, aint even know Bizzy Crook

Grammies don't care about rap

I do not know how many times rap fans gotta get fucked over until they accept it

so tired of sayin this, please preach

injurai

Banned
It's been a good minute since it was a thing.
Went back to the interview following that XXL cover where Q called it disrespectful. That was 2013, talking about how Jay Rock doesn't have an album yet but will soon. 2015 and it's still Soon™

Kendrick and TDE (Drake in the Red Van)

giphy.gif

OVO Sound

this would be blessed tbh. his access to those producers and maybe a couple makonnen features (maybe he'll do kendrick's hair too)

i'm gonna revisit this album at another time because I really don't like this right now, it sounds like a failed experiment. Though Mortal Man is the best song by kenneth lamar most definitely, content-wise it's just...:whew

Fjordson

this would be blessed tbh. his access to those producers and maybe a couple makonnen features (maybe he'll do kendrick's hair too)

i'm gonna revisit this album at another time because I really don't like this right now, it sounds like a failed experiment. Though Mortal Man is the best song by kenneth lamar most definitely, content-wise it's just...:whew
Co-sign on all this.

IrishNinja

you aint gotta lie...so smoov

album version of i is less bad so far at least

this shit is ambitious for the era no doubt, and im rather digging i but i think the electric circus talk isn't quite on point - that was way, way further out than this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom