• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
https://twitter.com/OGJOHNNY5/status/577392506893180928

dude is on a classic tweet run. holy shit lmao
https://twitter.com/OGJOHNNY5/status/577395077795950592

iC5p3PIcqKoIb.GIF

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Called it a long time ago...but can't afford to go. Sad times.

The hate coming from middle class Mumford & Sons fans is hilarious on various facebook pages is hilarious.

i was holding out hope but i thought he said he doesn't like doing festivals

this is amazing though, i'm so pumped

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
rae-fila.jpg

Rae artwork and tracklist for FILA. Early contender for worst artwork.

01. Intro (Prod. by Jerry Wonda)
02. 4 In the Morning (feat. Ghostface Killah) ( Prod. by Scram Jones)
03. I Got Money (feat. A$AP Rocky) ( Prod. by S1 aka Symbolic One)
04. Wall to Wall (feat. French Montana & Busta Rhymes (Prod. by She da God, Co-Prod Snaz)
05. Heated Nights (Prod. by Frank G)
06. Fila Word (feat. 2 Chainz) (Prod. by Scram Jones)
07. 1,2 1,2 (feat. Snoop Dogg) ( Prod. by Scoop Deville)
08. Live to Die (Prod. by S1 aka Symbolic One)
09. Soundboy Kill it (feat. Melanie Fiona & Assassin) (Prod. by Jerry Wonda)
10. Revory (Wraith) (feat. Rick Ro$$, Ghostface Killah) (Prod by Bluerocks)
11. All About You (feat. Estelle) ( Prod. by Jerry Wonda)
12. Nautilus (Prod. by Scram Jones)
13. Worst Enemy (feat. Liz Rodriguez) ( Prod. by Matt Burnett)

Charles Hamilton - Headed To The Top (Prod. by Odissee). It's ok. The rapping itself is pretty horrid.

RBK

Banned
I think it's better than the last one someone posted.

I'm just going to pretend that's not his face on the sphinx.

big ander

To Pimp a Butterfly is mad weird and I value it for that. it's gonna be more fun to discuss over and over than GKMC. that album was so consensually great while TPAB is intentionally divisive and dense and strewn. dunno if it works but I appreciate the ambition.

favorite tracks were Complexion, Hood Politics, The Blacker the Berry, the new version of i, Mortal Man. And I think You Ain't Gotta Lie is the most underrated out the gate, that's just a good driving track that works for paying attention or putting in the background with people around.

For Free is dumb but in a similar slimy-silly way to like 70% of outkast interludes so I think it'll be easier to stomach on further listens...if I don't just skip it
http://freshmen.xxlmag.com/10th-spot/

Voted for OG Maco with da quickness

you all apparently forgot about Herb but I'm still here

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Combat Jack explains the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money lawsuit. This is really worth a watch for everyone, very good detail. Holy shit Birdman is a fucking villain. It's a short video but in case people can't watch:

- Wayne renegotiated his deal in 2005 (for higher royalties), 2006 (higher advances for agreeing to do duet albums with Birdman), 2009 (Cash Money agrees to pay $8 million advances, and $2 more million upon completion of each of his subsequent albums), in addition to many other renegotiations
- Carter V was submitted last September, Cash Money has only paid $2 million of the $10 million they owe.
- Cash Money initially (2003) agreed to own 51% of Young Money, with Wayne owning 49%. Wayne alleges Cash Money actually did not give him any copyright and when Birdman set the label up they cut out Wayne completely.
- Wayne and Birdman extend the Young Money venture in anticipation of Drake blowing up, agree to give Wayne a 1/3 of the profits off of Drake. Wayne got nothing from Drake.
- Wayne has been denied the monthly royalties they agreed upon when they extended the Young Money venture.
- Wayne wants to end his & YM's relationship with Cash Money, and to have all of both of those copyrights restored

Combat Jack stresses that this is only Wayne's perspective (as he is the one suing).

Holy shit.

Des did you already post an impression of TPAB?
I've been out of the loop the past two days.

Album is definitely growing on me though.
Not quite at the level of GKMC but still quality. Then again i fall in the "GKMC was an instant classic" group so comparing anything to that is accolade enough.

Also totally called it that this album would be Keisha's song-esque

studyguy

I could see myself throwing this on my Google Playlist next to the D'angelo album tbh. It's something I'd go back to if I'm gonna chill on a track per track basis. Not like S80 or GKMC where I usually just load up the album and hit play every so often. I'm enjoying it on subsequent plays, but it's not in the same way as his other shit.

Combat Jack explains the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money lawsuit. This is really worth a watch for everyone, very good detail. Holy shit Birdman is a fucking villain. It's a short video but in case people can't watch:

- Wayne renegotiated his deal in 2005 (for higher royalties), 2006 (higher advances for agreeing to do duet albums with Birdman), 2009 (Cash Money agrees to pay $8 million advances, and $2 more million upon completion of each of his subsequent albums), in addition to many other renegotiations
- Carter V was submitted last September, Cash Money has only paid $2 million of the $10 million they owe.
- Cash Money initially (2003) agreed to own 51% of Young Money, with Wayne owning 49%. Wayne alleges Cash Money actually did not give him any copyright and when Birdman set the label up they cut out Wayne completely.
- Wayne and Birdman extend the Young Money venture in anticipation of Drake blowing up, agree to give Wayne a 1/3 of the profits off of Drake. Wayne got nothing from Drake.
- Wayne has been denied the monthly royalties they agreed upon when they extended the Young Money venture.
- Wayne wants to end his & YM's relationship with Cash Money, and to have all of both of those copyrights restored

Combat Jack stresses that this is only Wayne's perspective (as he is the one suing).

Holy shit.

Hmm interesting thanks for the breakdown.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Des did you already post an impression of TPAB?
I've been out of the loop the past two days.

Album is definitely growing on me though.
Not quite at the level of GKMC but still quality. Then again i fall in the "GKMC was an instant classic" group so comparing anything to that is accolade enough.

Also totally called it that this album would be Keisha's song-esque
Nothing on this album is as good as Keisha's Song for me, or conveys that level of emotion. That's a big problem for me, and as I was listening I was thinking about Keisha's Song.

Holy shit.

thanks
crazy if all that is true
like insane
wonder how much money drizzy has received

rae-fila.jpg

Rae artwork and tracklist for FILA. Early contender for worst artwork.

01. Intro (Prod. by Jerry Wonda)
02. 4 In the Morning (feat. Ghostface Killah) ( Prod. by Scram Jones)
03. I Got Money (feat. A$AP Rocky) ( Prod. by S1 aka Symbolic One)
04. Wall to Wall (feat. French Montana & Busta Rhymes (Prod. by She da God, Co-Prod Snaz)
05. Heated Nights (Prod. by Frank G)
06. Fila Word (feat. 2 Chainz) (Prod. by Scram Jones)
07. 1,2 1,2 (feat. Snoop Dogg) ( Prod. by Scoop Deville)
08. Live to Die (Prod. by S1 aka Symbolic One)
09. Soundboy Kill it (feat. Melanie Fiona & Assassin) (Prod. by Jerry Wonda)
10. Revory (Wraith) (feat. Rick Ro$$, Ghostface Killah) (Prod by Bluerocks)
11. All About You (feat. Estelle) ( Prod. by Jerry Wonda)
12. Nautilus (Prod. by Scram Jones)
13. Worst Enemy (feat. Liz Rodriguez) ( Prod. by Matt Burnett)

Charles Hamilton - Headed To The Top (Prod. by Odissee). It's ok. The rapping itself is pretty horrid.
That album cover is ill, the head looks kind of funny though lol. Really like the font even though it is somewhat unreadable. Looking forward to the album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
also what's this punch/kanye stuff yall are talking about that i apparently missed
i saw the kim pic tweets, was that it?
tumblr_ljb1l83e7d1qiz6ouo1_500.gif

What compelled this bag to fly through the air and propel itself in such a graceful way? The power of Kendrick is unmatched.
- Punch

codhand

My initial impression of TPAB (that no one asked for or gives a fuck about) is that it's great to hear someone in Kendrick's position give this much of a shit about their music.

He could have easily phoned in some shit, but that's obviously not his style. I also really appreciate that he rarely rhymes in what most would consider a normal cadence. He shows us why we anticipated this release on a technical and artistic level, and it'll be nice to have something to sink my teeth into; even if I'm not feeling all the skits, or everything he tries on.

This album is gonna review really well, hard to knock it.

PBY

Banned
My initial impression of TPAB (that no one asked for or gives a fuck about) is that it's great to hear someone in Kendrick's position give this much of a shit about their music.

He could have easily phoned in some shit, but that's obviously not his style. I also really appreciate that he rarely rhymes in what most would consider a normal cadence. He shows us why we anticipated this release on a technical and artistic level, and it'll be nice to have something to sink my teeth into; even if I'm not feeling all the skits, or everything he tries on.

This album is gonna review really well, hard to knock it.
I give a fuck cod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom