• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

illadelph

so glad I didn't spoil myself on TPAB

when I realized what was going on in Mortal Man:

lkrwtf.gif

These Walls' last verse gotta be the coldest diss verse in recent memory. Dude somewhere in jail, probably for life, taking an L on wax from one of the biggest rappers in the game. Damn.

Eos

this album definitely grows on you. for free gets better as it plays; beginning is bad but it gets better towards the end. u is the only song that I can't vibe with.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I had a feeling TPAB would be a grower. It takes time to digest, I think. Not everyone loves it, maybe, but it'll no doubt be viewed very favorably as time passes. I'm glad he tried something ambitious as GKMC but entirely new. 👌

For Free is no doubt about it a shit track, the rest you can make a case for but that one...no no no

I could do without 'For Free?", "u", "i", and "You Ain't Gotta Lie" (this one feels like filler imo)

The rest ranges from pretty solid to How Much a Dollar Cost a.k.a. one of Kendrick's best tracks.

And Alright is really good. Some of the best flows on the album aside from Mortal Man. He's riding those drums like a beast

HiiiLife

Wtf at Earl releasing his new album out of nowhere next week (same day as Action? I think)

what's up with these random releases

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I've never bothered with an Earl album. I don't think I've even heard a single song by him. Tyler just put me off anything from that group of dudes with his wasted potential.
How does Earl's music compare? Same shitty "my first casio keyboard" production values?

HiiiLife

I've never bothered with an Earl album. I don't think I've even heard a single song by him. Tyler just put me off anything from that group of dudes with his wasted potential.
How does Earl's music compare? Same shitty "my first casio keyboard" production values?

Dead

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Earl is the OF standout and the only one who'll have any staying power as a solo artist imo. That said Doris was just okay. Hopefully he can live up to this potential with the new album.

RBK

Banned
I would say Hodgy's the best member of OF, but Mellowhype has been pretty shit since BlackenedWhite. Mellowhigh was nothing noteworthy either.

FZZ

Banned
Earl definitely has the best potential out of them all. Has he left OF yet? If not he should, they hold him back.

Doris was middling to me, but critics loved it right? No clue what he will go for with this new album but I hope it's different.

Fjordson

Remember all the hype OF had after Yonkers. What a collective dud of a group.
Was just about to post that. I remember thinking Earl and Tyler were gonna be so dope and blow up.

I liked Bastard and Earl's made some dope stuff, but eh. Pretty indifferent about them these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom