• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Kendrick's album was streamed 3mil times more than Drake's. Wow
http://watchloud.com/kendrick-breaks-spotify-record/

King Kunta's impact

tumblr_mlmznl3dVa1qi2f65o1_400.gif

Kimosabae

Banned
Okay, yeah, that is Pac. I hadn't heard his voice in a while.

Knowing this is Pac gives a whole new hue to this track. I got tears in my eyes right now.

cdyhybrid

Drake's streaming record was for a mixtape tho
troll.png

Drizzy season will resume once Views from the 6 is out

Streaming numbers are just going to go up naturally as time goes on too. More people are getting into streaming and more artists are slowly starting to support it.

K.Sabot

I know, I'm playin'.

And Mr. Wonderful!

Day after Earl, might put off running it for another day to get some more time on the Earl lp if it catches my attention. Grief is like a strong 7, so I'm hoping for more interesting production like Doris got.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think subsidizing music streaming is very difficult, and much like the album sales themselves, I think the merchandising is the real untapped market. Don't get me wrong, people make a fuckload of money from merchandising, but I feel that's where it's going right now in terms of subsidizing music production.

I don't blame Taylor Swift etc. at all for pulling out of Spotify. It really does further sink the perception of supporting music proper for teens and young adults. For some it's a viable option, but the music industry isn't out of rough waters quite yet.

to become like those he despised for what they did to the Cold Crush?
URK6MHX.png

Dark Knight feeling, die and be a hero
Or live long enough to see yourself become a villain
I went from the favorite to the most hated
But would you rather be underpaid or overrated?
Moral victories is for minor league coaches

CoolOff

Lol 3 mil listens for $44 dollars.

3 mil listens? Isn't it for the 9.6?

So 0.0044 dollars per listen if we go by 44000/10mil. The total tracks on GKMC have been played roughly 330 million times. 330000000*0.0044 = 1.4 million dollars for GKMC. Can I get an estimation for album sales on it?

Pretty insane that TPAB reached 1/33rd of GKMCs total plays in a day tbh.

XBP

3 mil listens? Isn't it for the 9.6?

So 0.0044 dollars per listen if we go by 44000/10mil. The total tracks on GKMC have been played roughly 330 million times. 330000000*0.0044 = 1.4 million dollars for GKMC. Can I get an estimation for album sales on it?

Pretty insane that TPAB reached 1/33rd of GKMCs total plays in a day tbh.

1.35 million in the US as of November 2014. So I'd say 2 million worldwide (being rather optimistic).

IrishNinja

Kendrick's album was streamed 3mil times more than Drake's. Wow
http://watchloud.com/kendrick-breaks-spotify-record/

justice

Okay, yeah, that is Pac. I hadn't heard his voice in a while.

Knowing this is Pac gives a whole new hue to this track. I got tears in my eyes right now.

yup, again don't mean to jump on camp nuthug but it's that moment bruh
#nahenzoes

"Once you turn 30, it's like they take the soul out of a black man...you don't see no loud mouth 30-year-old muthafuckas"

something something Killer Mike would be platinum

Every GAF-Hopper is a star

RIP recons

damn spotify is eating off these artists lmao. that's a damn shame.

yeah, i think i had that realization when i saw pharell getting a 2-for-1 card on costco hot dogs for his Happy royalties

I think subsidizing music streaming is very difficult, and much like the album sales themselves, I think the merchandising is the real untapped market. Don't get me wrong, people make a fuckload of money from merchandising, but I feel that's where it's going right now in terms of subsidizing music production.

I don't blame Taylor Swift etc. at all for pulling out of Spotify. It really does further sink the perception of supporting music proper for teens and young adults. For some it's a viable option, but the music industry isn't out of rough waters quite yet.

yeah, agree 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom