• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GW2 GAFGuild | Community Thread

NeededSleep

Sooo looking forward to this. :)

Hope they give out more info on guild caps and how to raise them. IF it costs $ i might be willing to help out with it if we need the room asap when it launches. Gonna be sad if you have to unlock them by certain activities. Id hate for one of our guilds to progress while the other doesn't have enough members to(Not saying it will but its always a possibility).

The sad thing is i have some friends wanting me to join them on the RP server when game launches.. Not sure what to do :(

Ferny

Sooo looking forward to this. :)

Hope they give out more info on guild caps and how to raise them. IF it costs $ i might be willing to help out with it if we need the room asap when it launches. Gonna be sad if you have to unlock them by certain activities. Id hate for one of our guilds to progress while the other doesn't have enough members to(Not saying it will but its always a possibility).

The sad thing is i have some friends wanting me to join them on the RP server when game launches.. Not sure what to do :(

Easy... Join us! Lol
I don't know yet how they will do the cap thing. Hopefully it's something we can max out ASAP.

rukland

Here is my gw2 ID already on the list just needed to post this. I really slacked on buying the game only did it yesterday. Guess I get one good weekend before launch but that will be enough.

#updateME
Rukland.3127

Guild chat will be spammed like crazy in this guild...oh well.

I've been attempting to look through the thread, but there is a separate mumble server for us right?

I don't want to be locked into a room with 30 other people talking at the same time. Especially for those of us who want to talk with our personal friends in separate chatrooms or running dungeons...

Ferny

I dont think guild chat spam will be all that bad honestly. I also did get us a specific Mumble for us and we are going to have a bunch of rooms so you can go in and play with friends only and all that so no worries with that.

Retro

Guild chat will be spammed like crazy in this guild...oh well.

I've been attempting to look through the thread, but there is a separate mumble server for us right?

I don't want to be locked into a room with 30 other people talking at the same time. Especially for those of us who want to talk with our personal friends in separate chatrooms or running dungeons...

- You can choose not to represent GAF as your guild if you want to drop out of guild chat (or just disable guild chat in your chat menu). You can switch to a friends & family guild if you want, or just form a group.

- Mumble servers can have multiple rooms and not every single person will likely be in mumble. The last BWEs our mumble was actually quite empty.

I dont think guild chat spam will be all that bad honestly. I also did get us a specific Mumble for us and we are going to have a bunch of rooms so you can go in and play with friends only and all that so no worries with that.

Cheer for Ferny!

I also totally forgot about crossing out guild chat and stuff, separate tabs and whatnot. Will see you guys soon for BWE3!

Ferny

So we discussed some things on our recent podcast about the guild that has not be released just yet. So since it's been some time, I thought it would be best to just write it out for you guys. 

We decided to go with the Gates of Madness for our official launch server. So when August comes around, that's where we will be. I will go ahead and put it up on the OP as well. Now plenty of questions have come up regarding the Euro server and with that we discussed having a specific Euro officer. 

We want someone who wants to step up and be in charge of the GAF Euro server and be in charge of getting people in the Euro side and manage invites and all that. So if anyone is interested, please let us know and we can work it out. 

Finally in regards to the guild cap situation. We will most likely have a two guilds during the start. Once the first guild fills up we will start another just so we can have everyone organized and together. Now if they reveal how we can raise the cap, we will try to power that sucker up as high as we can during launch so maybe we wont have to create that second guild if we can power the cap up. We will see in regards to that though. 

I'm also going to be going and fixing up the guild roster up a little bit so I will get to all the new add requests for sure over this coming week before the next BWE. 

Retro

IIRC, we can join multiple guilds, right?

Yes. You can be in multiple guilds, but can only represent one at a time. Representing gives you access to guild chat and displays the guild tag (in this case, [GAF]) over your head, plus any guild perks that are active and unlocked.

Not sure what the maximum number of guilds you're allowed to join will be, but I can't imagine anyone would ever need to be in more than 10 or so.

Also, you can be a member of guilds that aren't on your server; we had a lot of EU player on Jade Sea in the guild yukking it up with the rest of us.

Piecake

Well, this might be stupid, crazy and/or impractical, but if guild spam becomes an issue (i can see that sort of happening with like 150 or so members or whatever), we could create multiple guilds that everyone is a member of.

Basically

Neogaf main guild
Neogaf PvE leveling and dungeons
Neogaf WvW
Neogaf sPvp

Retro

Well, this might be stupid, crazy and/or impractical, but if guild spam becomes an issue (i can see that sort of happening with like 150 or so members or whatever), we could create multiple guilds that everyone is a member of.

Basically

Neogaf main guild
Neogaf WvW
Neogaf sPvp

My concern with this approach is that we'd have all of these guilds with separate communities running around instead of being unified as a guild properly should. It would spread the officers too thin, it would make organizing things more complicated than it needs to be, and it makes guild perks and such harder to work towards.

I'm sure guild chat will be a madhouse at launch. I would expect no less. But eventually it will die down a bit so it's not quite so spam-y. As an alternative, there's mumble, which not everyone will use. That itself also has multiple channels people can break off into.

I just feel like having 4 guilds kind of ruins the purpose of having a guild in the first place. To have everyone in one place to develop a sense of community.

Ferny

Basically

Neogaf main guild
Neogaf WvW
Neogaf sPvp
It wouldn't work as you wouldn't be getting the full benefit of the guild that way. Guild chat can always be put into a seperate tab or just disabled. I honestly don't think it'll be all that bad. All 150 members are not going to be on at the same time.

Ghizz

#addme
Ghizz.8723

Excited for this! Where do we listen to your podcast and what do you guys talk about? Just GW2-related?

BrettWeir

Damn it. I better get in the guild when game goes live. On the first page of the community forum, very active in all the GW2 threads, but couldn't get in the guild because it was already full when A net finally fixed the bug of beta characters already having a server. By the time they let us transfer, GAF was full.

TLDR: QQ

Retro

How do I apply to EU gaf guild? Got invited to next BWE

There is no EU GAF Guild, as guilds are cross server. Just type #addme and your username (the name.#### thing they gave you when you registered). Then just whisper any GAFer (we'll post our names on the forum) and we'll get you in.

With one caveat; there's a cap on members in the BWE, so you may end up in the overflow guild, GAF Two (GAFT). We don't know how to raise the cap, but lots of people hang out in both and it's nothing personal. Just first-come-first-serve.

Damn it. I better get in the guild when game goes live. On the first page of the community forum, very active in all the GW2 threads, but couldn't get in the guild because it was already full when A net finally fixed the bug of beta characters already having a server. By the time they let us transfer, GAF was full.

Yeah. In the Podcast that will never ever be uploaded, we mentioned that we're going to try and power level the cap as soon as possible once the game launches, so everyone can get into GAF proper.

Ferny

Brett message me when the game goes live, i'll get you in fast cause I got pull like that.

BrettWeir

Brett message me when the game goes live, i'll get you in fast cause I got pull like that.

Will do! I'm too old to pull all nighters anymore.....which is why I have purchased a bottle of NoDoz for early release. Will definitely be on when game goes live...and then some.

Thanks!

Aquila

All of the hype for GW2 got to me a few months back but I forgot to post here.

#addme
Aquila.7329

I'm hoping BWE3 will help me decide upon my class, torn between elementalist, necromancer, and thief.

Retro

Posting this here just so everyone sees it:
So, in light of the news that Titan's Alliance is rolling on Gate of Madness, both GMs and all of the officers that could be reached (Maxrpg and I) got together and decided to talk things through.

We have decided that we're going to roll on Gate of Madness for the next Beta Weekend event.
We realize this is very short notice, and I'd like to ask a mod to change the thread title to reflect this change (Something like "Guild Wars 2 | BWE 7/20-22 on Gate of Madness").

Our reasoning for this last-minute change is simple;

1. We want to test how bad it gets when a huge alliance of 8 guilds rolls onto a server. There has been a lot of discussion in this thread about wanting to roll on a higher population server, and we want to prove once and for all that it is a very bad thing to be stuck queuing up for WvW. This means that during BWE3, we'll be testing those queues. Titan Alliance's goal is to dominate WvW, and fielding 8 guilds at once means the WvW maps are going to be filled to capacity very quickly.

2. We also want to see just how dominate they are. Some may disagree, but being on a server that always wins is actually a boring prospect, especially if we're never able to take part in it.

So, once again, for BWE3, anyone planning to roll on Henge of Denravi should be on GATE OF MADNESS now. We'll see just how bad things can get and make our decision then. I would like to add that Titan Alliance is only rolling on Gate during the BWE and may not actually play there during the actual launch. Our launch plan is still tentatively to stay on Gate until we see how things go.

Spazznid

The Name is Spazznid.7682

I'll be a Sylvari Necromancer named Agent Dark Bootie.

I'd be glad to join if you'd have me.

#addme

Ferny

Go check the OP, there's a dragon you need to click. Except it looks like it hasn't been updated since April. :(

That one has not but I have a copy that i'm updating just changing some of the things on it and then i'll put that one instead of the one you all see. We are going to be using it for launch mostly so that the people who are suppose to get in the guild actually do.

I do have everyone that has posted so far on the copy so everyone is good, no worries.

Retro

That one has not but I have a copy that i'm updating just changing some of the things on it and then i'll put that one instead of the one you all see. We are going to be using it for launch mostly so that the people who are suppose to get in the guild actually do.

I do have everyone that has posted so far on the copy so everyone is good, no worries.

Is it too late to maybe try and get everyone's Region on the list too? I'd like to know how many EuroGAFers are planning to play, it seems like there's never more than a dozen but I'd like to have the actual numbers.

Top Bottom