• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GW2 GAFGuild | Community Thread

Rawk Hawk

Made a couple new characters to try out the other towns and classes, but I can't chat in the guild on these ones. Is there something I need to do? When I click the guild icon, it shows GAF and I'm on the roster with my new name and everything, but anything I type in chat gets an auto "You are not in a guild." response.

Any ideas?

hythloday

Rawk -

All your new characters will be members of the guild, but you have to opt to represent the guild, wear the tag and see guild chat.

It's simple to do: go to the guild window and select the "Represent" button at the bottom. You only need to do it once (unless you're in multiple guilds and are representing them at different times, which is why that system's in place). Hope this helps!

pelican

Second time in recent history I have tried to join a GAF guild and there always seems to be a problem actually getting invited. The first being the Max Payne 3 crew with an afk leader.

Still no invite, not going to bother with this. I don't mean to be rude but there is no point asking for people interested to join, and then not invite them.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'm on Henge...

diffchan.4168

#addme

I have only played a few characters for a little bit of time but I am very impressed!

Ferny

Second time in recent history I have tried to join a GAF guild and there always seems to be a problem actually getting invited. The first being the Max Payne 3 crew with an afk leader.

Still no invite, not going to bother with this. I don't mean to be rude but there is no point asking for people interested to join, and then not invite them.
We've had two BWE where invites went out just fine. They wiped all characters for this one so try handling 200+ wanting invites all at once while also changing over servers and dealing with queues and all that. Just because you don't get the invite RIGHT away, doesn't mean you won't get it at some point soon.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I got an invite, but it's just sitting there in the guild menu, and nothing happens when I press the "accept" button - is this some known bug or am I doing it wrong?

Vano

So now with the last BWE almost finished, i see that Gate of Madness is out of consideration for the GAF Guild, but looking at the Server list, i see every server at High, considering this, how the officers will choose the server?

Henge Denravi again? from what i have read there isn't queues for WvW in there.

Piecake

So now with the last BWE almost finished, i see that Gate of Madness is out of consideration for the GAF Guild, but looking at the Server list, i see every server at High, considering this, how the officers will choose the server?

Henge Denravi again? from what i have read there isn't queues for WvW in there.

The problem with GoM is that it filled up instantly. If you logged on 3 hours later than the start of the BWE you were shit outta luck

Ferny

The problem with GoM is that it filled up instantly. If you logged on 3 hours later than the start of the BWE you were shit outta luck

Pretty much and we're going to discuss that's something that we think will end up being the case longtime or whether we just want to bypass that whole thing right at launch.

Also if you've posted in here saying to get added, I do have you but I have not updated the original document with my copy. I will be doing that by next weekend.

Ferga

Wow, I must of been lucky. I logged on 6 hours after the beta was released and got in on my first try. Didn't even know it was that popular of a server.

CzarTim

I didn't have a lot of time to play this weekend, but I was disappointed with WvW on GoM. It was full every time I tried.

Retro

I didn't have a lot of time to play this weekend, but I was disappointed with WvW on GoM. It was full every time I tried.

It was bugged and we purposely rolled on a server we knew a huge mega-alliance was rolling on to see how bad it got. Those two combined made WvW almost impossible this entire weekend.

And yes, we will be rolling on a different server at launch.

chiablo

It was bugged and we purposely rolled on a server we knew a huge mega-alliance was rolling on to see how bad it got. Those two combined made WvW almost impossible this entire weekend.

And yes, we will be rolling on a different server at launch.

This makes me happy. I only had fun once in WvWvW and that was when it was a stalemate trying to overtake a bridge, evenly matched on both sides. Steamrolling is boring... even if you can get into a queue.

One thing they badly need to change is some way to see the map before you queue up. Nothing's worse than waiting in queue for over an hour, join, and see that the whole map has been taken by your server and the fighting is on a different map.

Ferrio

Banned

Ya queues were bugged (people could bypass queue lines), so wasn't a very good representation of how good the server does under load.

Piecake

(deleted stupid stuff i said)

Also, I didnt get invited to the guild during the beta. So in case you misssed me (quite understandable do to the amount of people you guys had to deal with), my handle is

Piecake.3687

#addme

Also, that is account based, right? So me and my alts will only count as one spot, not however many alts i create? And i only need to be invited once?

Also, that is account based, right? So me and my alts will only count as one spot, not however many alts i create? And i only need to be invited once?
Yeah, only need 1 invite.
Everytime you make a new alt though, you have to go in the Guild Panel and click "Represent" to join in.

That said, I don't understand what you're trying to ask with Guild buffs.
You don't have to be around guildies to get influence. Just logging on and doing random stuff increases it, or buy influence scrolls with gold.
I bought a scroll for the hell of it wondering if it gave a guild-wide announcement, but it only showed in the guild log.

Piecake

Yeah, only need 1 invite.
Everytime you make a new alt though, you have to go in the Guild Panel and click "Represent" to join in.

That said, I don't understand what you're trying to ask with Guild buffs.
You don't have to be around guildies to get influence. Just logging on and doing random stuff increases it, or buy influence scrolls with gold.
I bought a scroll for the hell of it wondering if it gave a guild-wide announcement, but it only showed in the guild log.

Yea, apparently I was mistaken about exp, magic, and karma boosts that the guild could buy for its members. I thought it was a lot shorter duration than it actually is, but the boosts apparently last 3 days, kinda making my whole spiel worthless

Jack_AG

Banned
I'll be asking for a guild invite for launch but wanted to offer my Vent server (I understand you folks use Mumble but I already have a 15-man Vent server setup) for overflow when Mumble gets too packed.

I will PM Jinra and Ferny about this since they are GM's if they would like this information. Just wanted to give a heads-up in here since many people read the forum here, as well.

If you guys don't want to use it that's fine, too. I'm just offering since everyone here seems really nice. Even if I don't make it into the guild you folks are more than welcome to use it as an overflow.

Subtraktr.3687 - display name might change for launch.

#addme

Retro

two words, Titan Alliance

-.-

Four words: Not on our Server.
DqjUt.gif

We're keeping an eye on where the major communities go, and we'll be aiming for a medium population server with plenty of room. The goal is to be on a server that isn't dead, but isn't so crowded that we can't queue up for WvW en masse. If there's even the slightest possibility that we'll be sitting in queues to get in, or somebody throwing a hissy fit and telling us not to play so they can, we won't be anywhere near it.

Posted this in the general Guild Wars 2 thread so I might as well post it here too:

I've created the web chat IRC channel for the GW2 NeoGAF Community.

Easy foolproof link to join the chat by browser

If you already have an IRC client:
IRC: irc.seraphimlabs.net
Channel: #gw2

Once people actually start joining I'll sort out op (admin) permissions on the IRC. I'm willing to give anyone like Jira or Retro admin positions pretty much automatically.

Piecake

Four words: Not on our Server.
DqjUt.gif

We're keeping an eye on where the major communities go, and we'll be aiming for a medium population server with plenty of room. The goal is to be on a server that isn't dead, but isn't so crowded that we can't queue up for WvW en masse. If there's even the slightest possibility that we'll be sitting in queues to get in, or somebody throwing a hissy fit and telling us not to play so they can, we won't be anywhere near it.

Ive actually had a slight change of opinion on this issue (if my opinion counts at all). I would be totally fine with rolling on a high pop server so long as no dedicated WvW alliance is on that same server. If its just a bunch of PvX guilds, great.

Of course, id also be fine with a medium pop server, but I can see the benefits of a high pop server since id imagine the population will decrease over time. So long as the queues are slight, i can deal. I cant deal with an alliance hogging up all the WvW spots all the time

Top Bottom