• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GW2 GAFGuild | Community Thread

Retro

For anyone who isn't subscribed to the main thread;

So, in light of the news that Titan's Alliance is rolling on Gate of Madness, both GMs and all of the officers that could be reached (Maxrpg and I) got together and decided to talk things through.

We have decided that we're going to roll on Gate of Madness for the next Beta Weekend event.

Our reasoning for this last-minute change is simple;

1. We want to test how bad it gets when a huge alliance of 8 guilds rolls onto a server. There has been a lot of discussion in this thread about wanting to roll on a higher population server, and we want to prove once and for all that it is a very bad thing to be stuck queuing up for WvW. This means that during BWE3, we'll be testing those queues. Titan Alliance's goal is to dominate WvW, and fielding 8 guilds at once means the WvW maps are going to be filled to capacity very quickly.

2. We also want to see just how dominant they are. Some may disagree, but being on a server that always wins is actually a boring prospect, especially if we're never able to take part in it.

So, once again, for BWE3, anyone planning to roll on Henge of Denravi should be on GATE OF MADNESS now. We'll see just how bad things can get and make our decision then. I would like to add that Titan Alliance is only rolling on Gate during the BWE and may not actually play there during the actual launch. Our launch plan is still tentatively to stay on Gate until we see how things go.

Information about this whole Titan Alliance thing can be found here; http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/vvzs5/introducing_the_titan_alliance/–

We're going to have a little GAFGuild "Meet and Greet" event tonight at 9PM Eastern / 6 Pacific.
All you need to do is join the guild Mumble server:

Server Address: atl.eoreality.net
Port: 64742
(Please use your GAF username.)

The idea, in Vinci's words, is "to meet each other outside of the world of text and self-filtering. The idea is to get a feel for the sort of community we have here, rather than wait till launch and be surprised." We want to get people in the habit of using Mumble to communicate, so when the game actually launches everyone should have at least some degree of comfort with using this very excellent server provided by Ferny.

Nobody is required to talk, but the idea is to foster good relations with the guys you've been talking to on GAF for the last few months. If you're not comfortable, you don't have to show up but it's something we'd like people to participate in. If you want to just lurk and listen to people breathe, I suppose that's... creepy, but okay. Several of the officers will be there if you have any questions, comments, criticisms or lines you want me to read in my 'Batman' voice, but this is mostly just for GAFGuild to meet up and have fun.

Show up, speak up.

We'll also plan on having a little pre-BWE party on Friday, if people want to hang out and chat while waiting for the floodgates to open. No official time on that, just show up and we'll probably all be in there eager to get playing.

Ryökäle

Neo Member
After 6 years of lurking, I finally decided to join GAF because of GW2 :D Will be playing on the EU server. Looking forward to playing with you guys!

Kanalja.7631
#addme

Ms. Tea

Tempeh Princess.6817

#addme

Not sure if I'll end up joining in much for this BWE, but interested in joining up for the full game.

chiablo

Bah, I have class tonight so I'll miss the "meet-n-greet". But I can at least get my wife's studio equipment hooked up to my PC and maybe I'll hop on the channel to make sure my audio levels are ok for the BWE.

Retro

I might pop in on the meet and greet to say hi. How many people are we expecting in the channel?

Dunno, but we have multiple channels if things get too crowded in one.

Can I play on Gate of Madness in the BWE if I'm in the UK?

Yes, servers are region-free so you can roll on a NA server even if you're in the EU server region. We can't guarantee latency won't be an issue, but several people tried this exact thing in the previous Betas and lag was a non-issue for them.

If you do decide to go to Gate of Madness, be sure to let us know how your connection was. If latency isn't an issue, we may just hang the need for an EU server and just roll on NA. But for obvious reasons (it would suck if you had lag all the time) we want to get as much data on this as possible.

So if you do, let us know how it works out.

Ran Echelon

Neo Member
Yes, servers are region-free so you can roll on a NA server even if you're in the EU server region. We can't guarantee latency won't be an issue, but several people tried this exact thing in the previous Betas and lag was a non-issue for them.

If you do decide to go to Gate of Madness, be sure to let us know how your connection was. If latency isn't an issue, we may just hang the need for an EU server and just roll on NA. But for obvious reasons (it would suck if you had lag all the time) we want to get as much data on this as possible.

So if you do, let us know how it works out.

Ok thanks. I'll try that and see how it goes.

Ran Echelon.8650

#addme

SeZMehK

I have been dying to play this game ever since it was announced. Can't wait to reincarnate my GW1 characters into GW2.

SeZMehK.8739

#addme

So we're going to a new server for this final BWE? Nice. Gives me more incentive to make a new character and I will definitely be rolling a Sylvari. I was in the previous two BWE in the second/overflow GAF guild.

Not sure if I have to sign up again but just in case:

TomcatTheLion.6852

#addme

Just a shame that I managed to miss the Meet and Greet.

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to playing with GAF again in BWE3. :D Character name will probably be Kotipelto again

JonCha

itsjoncharles.2567. #addme

Posted a beta weekend or two ago, and didn't get an invite. Hopefully I will this time around.

Rawk Hawk

When I get home from work, I might log on and try out the Beta Weekend. Feel free to add me to any of the US server lists: Watari.1037

#addme

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
bufko.2497 #addme :D Saw a Gaffer (i think) but couldn't /w him.

Top Bottom