• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

kaskade

Damn, felt like I was watching a Jon Oliver segment. Not in a bad way or anything. Kind of crazy, I just heard on Idle Thumbs podcast that there was a big gambling thing relating to CS:GO. That was some shady shit though. I definitely still want the reaction videos but it'd be cool for him to do stuff like this too.

HelloMeow

Didn't EA get into hot water a few years back because they didn't disclose a partnership they had with a bunch of Youtubers?

Some youtubers got paid for making BF4 videos that had to follow certain "guidelines". Basically, they couldn't mention what kind of mess the game was at release.

I watched the leafy got hacked video and skipped 10 minutes into it out of sheer curiosity. Within like 30 seconds of my random time skip, he made a suicide joke. Lol what a typical hack.

Fat4all

Banned
SVkfmXu.gif

Hippin' & Hoppin'

Has anyone had their SIM given away by AT&T? That might be a valid alternative for now.

But shit, this is something that should be covered under legislation or something. This is a disgusting lack of security.

Funny that this all happens just after the ProSyndicate and TMartin expose? I wouldn't put it above those two to try and retaliate by hiring some hacker to try and destroy H3H3. They're already fucked for breaching a few other federal laws, why stop there?

Gigarator

This reminds me of the Halo 3 days where my friend who is a Bungie forum moderator had Recon armour and was targeted like hell for years by people calling up Microsoft claiming to be him and them just handing his account over to them.

It's amazing what shit you can pull if you've got the gall to try it.

redlegs87

How is it that easy?

I work for a cell phone carrier in a call center and often times we will get calls where people as for unlocking devices and the name on the account will be like a woman's name but it's some husky sounding guy or Indian person on the line most the time. We have very strict security where I work. Even if a person can verify an account we have other measures in place to stop them from completing what they want. Most times when I have to ask them to do verify by me sending out a pin code to them they disconnect right away. Then there are those that call in saying they work for us and ask for information but always hang up and call in again trying to find a weak spot aka the employees that work there. I don't know how it works at T-mobile but they really need to step their game up that or hire better people.

Also this video goes to show just how easy it can be for someone to get into your stuff.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Whelp, this sucks.

cOC4Y02.png

[edit]

Judging from some comments on Reddit, these guys are more the type that hack you, tell you how they did it and don't delete and fuck with your account. Still shitty but if they don't mess with his stuff, than I guess it's not all bad.

Aiii

So not worth it
They're not even script kiddies, really.

I mean, I guess it's identity theft, but that's about it.

Aiii

So not worth it
These Script Kiddies took down their websites too and may have tried to swat Ethan and Hilla

Once you have access to their SIM and to their phone number, you have their gmail and once you have their gmail you have their website accounts.

No scripts involved, not even brute forcing.

Top Bottom