• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

Some of those Youtubers have even expressed WHY they're donating, it's not a secret that some of them did it to protect the youtube community, they said so themselves when donating.

Even Leafy donated and everyone knows he's doing it so there's not a new status quo where Youtubers are being exhorted and suid left and right for all of their money.

You seem to think it's a bad idea to take this to court and not settle but if they settled, it still sets another bad precedent.

Is it a shit sitatuon all around? Yeah, it is, but E&H shouldn't roll over and let Bold Guy steal their money. Not just for them personally but for the whole of Youtube.

Key word is some in your quote.

I never once said it is a bad idea. I clearly stated that I think this is an opportunity for fair use laws, but this isn't a great opportunity because I think the context of the video will be looked at and not just the content.

There are more than two stances when looking at the situation it is not just: (1)I'm for Ethan/fair use or (2)I'm against Ethan/fair use.

I have consistently just discussed the likelihood of this ruling not going the way most of us want it to go and why a jury could rule that way.

Seriously if a little black boy can get gunned down and there is a ruling not to do anything to the officer, I have my doubts that a jury will 100% side with content creators on whether or not Youtubers can make certain videos. Common sense isn't common despite you wanting it to be so.

You can argue that his feelings won't play a role into it but how can you say for certain that it will not be discussed between the jury.

I want to make it clear that we do not have opposing thoughts on this matter; I am questioning if your average Joe interprets fair use and Youtube the same way we, on this tech forum, do; and I am trying to show the point of view of someone that is empathizing with Bold Guy.

It might or might not be, but the issue is that's not what the point of this case will be. Him being sad about a thing isn't going to nudge the jury either way because if that were the case, most suits would end far differently. It's about fair use, whether or not he likes what someone else made with his content won't matter to the jury because it's not relevant.

It might or might not be, but the issue is that's not what the point of this case will be. Him being sad about a thing isn't going to nudge the jury either way because if that were the case, most suits would end far differently. It's about fair use, whether or not he likes what someone else made with his content won't matter to the jury because it's not relevant.

For real. If juries decided their verdicts based on plaintiffs'/defendants' feelings we'd have all sorts of fucked up rulings.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Hila has gotten so much more comfortable on Camera.

Fat4all

Banned
This is a great use for the money, those lawyers have been giving law advise for a long time for free and now they can actually work for the YouTube community even more.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
...said everyone on the comments of every Ethan and Hila video.

This isn't a rip on you btw.

I've just noticed it in the last few videos. ;)

As to the current topic of discussion. I'm actually surprised to see so many youtube people put up money, they are not exactly rolling it it

Unless you make it to the top level like PewDiePie. Has he donated, not seeing any references to it?
Unlike some of them he actually *is* rolling in dat youtube cash.

This is a great use for the money, those lawyers have been giving law advise for a long time for free and now they can actually work for the YouTube community even more.

Is he hiring them? That's actually double awesome if so.

I've just noticed it in the last few videos. ;)

As to the current topic of discussion. I'm actually surprised to see so many youtube people put up money, they are not exactly rolling it it

Unless you make it to the top level like PewDiePie. Has he donated, not seeing any references to it?
Unlike some of them he actually *is* rolling in dat youtube cash.

Yes, he has donated. Even Jenna Marbles donated! Check out their newest video, they mention some more famous youtubers who chipped in.

Suikoguy

Yes, he has donated. Even Jenna Marbles donated! Check out their newest video, they mention some more famous youtubers who chipped in.

That's awesome. Youtube is more of a community than it gets credit for.

MilkBeard

This is a pretty great thing that just happened. Now the community has sort of banded together, and they have this unified support if this stupid shit happens again.

Also...he managed to name it FUPA. That's freaking hilarious.

Fat4all

Banned
Bold guy is going to claim that he is entitled to all of the FUPA money.

(shamelessly taken from reddit)

n6pFaov.png

PsychBat!

Banned
Saw the video an hour ago.

It's brilliant that he called it FUPA. And they were right, Matt Hoss must be jealous that he didn't have one in the first place.

Top Bottom