• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

Ethan can remove whatever he wants. Doesn't remove my disdain for someone that makes the same jokes over and over again, ("So I was just about to hang myself today but then I saw this video") accused ethan of "licking his asshole" multiple times in private conversations, and I would like to finally add that the part where ethan just scrolls through 50 of his videos which are all like The WORST/CRINGIEST/EDGIEST/EASY TARGET FOR MILLIONS OF VIEWS ON YOUTUBE and he says how can anyone tell any of these videos apart was on fucking point

THE BEST LEAFYISHERE PARODY TO EVER BE CREATED IN THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET EVER

the leafy rant was justified and i'm not supporting him backing down on him, i haven't watched the video yet.

leafy should be banned from making money on youtube until he stops being a cyberbully.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Another bullying stunt by Leafy and I don't think H3H3 will ignore it, his objective is just not to make it personal among other reasons.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wait, how is removing that Leavy rant an example of Ethan being "the bigger man"? He only did so cause the guy donated a good chunk of change. That is the very definition of selling out.

Salaadin

Wait, how is removing that Leavy rant an example of Ethan being "the bigger man"? He only did so cause the guy donated a good chunk of change. That is the very definition of selling out.
He talks about this in the video. You can choose not to believe him but I feel like he's being honest. Fine Bros also donated yet Ethans rant on them is staying up.

PsychBat!

Banned
I don't think Ethan removing the video was the right thing rather, it was pointless. It really doesn't do anything. People on the intertubes who have already chosen what to think of this debacle don't really care anymore (not talking about Pyro or any other troll). People have already made up their minds.

PsychBat!

Banned
Like I understand his point, I agree with it. But Leafy was not making jokes or being clever or witty. He was being a bully and harassed Tommy. He rightfully deserved to be called out.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He said it himself, the leafy rant just isn't funny at all. I mean, this video isn't funny either, so I guess it just takes its place as the out-of-place video among their library.

It's simple - Ethan doesn't want to start internet fights with people (besides MATT HOSSSSSS ZONNNNEEEE who is suing him, so whatever), and that's not his grab. He's right - it would have been better to make something like dunkey did. Taking it down now seems more like it's for his own personal views since the damage is done, but at least he did so.

Like I understand his point, I agree with it. But Leafy was not making jokes or being clever or witty. He was being a bully and harassed Tommy. He rightfully deserved to be called out.

Hopefully he revisits this and aims at the larger portion of Youtube doing it. His video was in the right place, but not done correctly.

Maximo

He should get on his knees and suck the FInebros dick then considering they gave 10 thousand dollars 10 TIMES the amount Leafy gave. How is that selling out he still has the FinBros video up, he just believes the Leafy Video was in poor taste and unlike most of his videos, its fine to Roast people as long as its done tastefully. Leafy should be called out for putting that shit on that human being but the video Ethan created was unlike his others, hes not about *HAHA Look at this dumb fuck and the silly video he made* Its about having some respect and doing it in a artful way, holding grudges doesn't help the community or himself.

Good on Ethan for being the bigger man ....
Fuck Leafy.

I think the bigger man here is the one that donated $1,000 to a guy with the message "Fair use is more important than petty internet beef." while a video harshly criticizing himself was still up on that same guy's YouTube channel.

y2dvd

I don't think Ethan removing the video was the right thing rather, it was pointless. It really doesn't do anything. People on the intertubes who have already chosen what to think of this debacle don't really care anymore (not talking about Pyro or any other troll). People have already made up their minds.

It gives Ethan an ease of mind to move on and focus on his new stuff.

Btw I don't know why I continue to read youtube comments. It's like watching a train wreck waiting to happen.

Fat4all

Banned
I feel like it's a decision that was up to Ethan. He gets to choose what videos stay up on the channel, and even though they video will be unlisted, that doesn't mean the video is gone.

It's obvious that the large spark up in YouTube drama brough a lot of attention (both good and bad) to H3H3, and Ethan rather they continue down a path paved more with goofs and gafs to keep and grow his audience.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The Leafy stuff is over and done, he said what he had to say and it gave that autistic guy a bunch of good will towards him, now Ethan can put that weird chapter of his channel behind him.

I mean, it's already behind him but it seemed like he kept being reminded of it by it being one of his top videos, now he can not have to be reminded of the situation every single time he looks at his channel.

nynt9

Did you guys see that JoeySalads defended Ethan and shat on Matt Hoss? I thought he was just a meathead before but I like how he's actually cool with h3h3 and takes it in stride and actually seems to be just a dorky dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up_4DNWeyvM

though his prank videos are still problematic and he seems to be a trump supporter according to his Twitter so yeah

Fat4all

Banned
Did you guys see that JoeySalads defended Ethan and shat on Matt Hoss? I thought he was just a meathead before but I like how he's actually cool with h3h3 and takes it in stride and actually seems to be just a dorky dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up_4DNWeyvM

though his prank videos are still problematic and he seems to be a trump supporter according to his Twitter so yeah

The guy's been melting down for a while, but he's showing signs of embracing the meme and not taking himself too seriously.

But yeah he might actually have some problems.

Which is why he also took down the Fine Bros video(?)

Not even comparable. Leafy bullied a kid and Ethan withdrew his video because

1) He has a relationship with Leafy that extends beyond Youtube.
2) The donation

The Fine Bros. rant had more ramifications across the YT format/fair use and stayed up for that reason. Ethan has no outside relationship with the Fine Bros. so no need to remove the criticism.

Arcia

Banned

2) The donation

The Fine Bros. rant had more ramifications across the YT format/fair use and stayed up for that reason. Ethan has no outside relationship with the Fine Bros. so no need to remove the criticism.

Or... Its like what he said in the video. The Fine Bros. video was funny and fit the comedy channel, but the rant video about Leafy and internet drama wasn't. And he said a few times how it bothered him that one of their most watched videos was a rant video because it was a bad representation of the rest of their channel to new viewers.

Fat4all

Banned

2) The donation

The only outside relationship they ever had was talking on Twitter, and Ethan talks to a lot of people on there. This situation has more to do with ending the air of the drama imo.

I don't think that the money itself is what caused the video to be taken down. If Leafy made a video in support of the campaign there was most likely an equal chance of this happening. It was more about the gesture, and Leafys comment on the donation itself about the campaign being more important than "YouTube Drama".

Could it of been an empty gesture from Leafy? Sure, but just as much as any other person who donated money, but this gave Ethan an opportunity to bury the hatchet and move on to sommit else.

what if this is in preparation of the lawsuit, he basically made a video condemning cyberbullying and MattHoss might argue that's what Ethan is doing and presents the leafy video toshow that he knows it's wrong.

idk. just rambling.

Fat4all

Banned
what if this is in preparation of the lawsuit, he basically made a video condemning cyberbullying and MattHoss might argue that's what Ethan is doing and presents the leafy video toshow that he knows it's wrong.

idk. just rambling.

The video being unlisted on YouTube doesn't stop it from existing, so I doubt it.

Aiii

So not worth it

idk. just rambling.

The lawsuit is about fair use, not about cyberbullying.

Arkeband

Banned
The original Leafy rant was poisoned by Ethan considering him a friend in the first place. Leafy's channel is quite honestly a cancer upon the YouTube landscape. Ethan's excuse about nothing in comedy being off limits makes no sense, because what Leafy does wouldn't be considered comedy by anyone other than vindictive pre-teens.

Ethan's current predicament sucks because he's receiving donations from people he's justifiably taken down a peg, and those people are using those donations to support fair use, but also, ultimately, to selfishly promote themselves amongst h3h3's enormous audience. He can't, in good conscience, turn them down. If every public prankster on YouTube donates to Ethan to support fair use, that doesn't retroactively make them good people or beyond criticism.

I suspect Ethan will be more hesitant to revisit goofs on anyone who has donated to him. That's just human nature.

tearsofash

First video I saw was the one about them being sued. I saw snippets of vape nation, but I didn't find it interests Meg at the time. Now I've gone in the deepens and watched two years worth of videos

Maximo

"Hosseinzadeh, who lives in Sherman Oaks, Calif., responded through his attorney that he initially contacted the Kleins “to politely ask them to remove my content from their video,” but that they refused. According to his lawyer, the Kleins’ reaction video used more than 70% of his work “while contributing nothing substantive to it.”

“DeFranco says he set up his fund to support small content creators on YouTube… Did he somehow forget that I’m a content creator?”
Hosseinzadeh said in a statement provided to Variety. “Who’s going to stand up for the original content writers, performers, creators, etc.? Now the Kleins are saying that this lawsuit is motivated by hurt feelings. That’s bizarre since their video said nothing but positive things about me and my work. Other sites have been criticizing me for years, so clearly I have nothing against criticism. I do have something against people using so much of my work.”

Hahahahahahah this dude is more stuck up his own ass then I thought.

I guess we can stop talking about the Leafy shit and move on to MATT HOSS' RESPONSE!!!
What a half assed excuse for the lawsuit, no shit it's over his hurt feelings.

First video I saw was the one about them being sued. I saw snippets of vape nation, but I didn't find it interests Meg at the time. Now I've gone in the deepens and watched two years worth of videos
I similarly checked out more of their stuff due to all the recent drama and while it's a bit too meme-y for me at times, I totally lost my shit at certain reaction videos like the one for Joey Salads and the superficial FEED THE HOMELESS vids. BEST FRIEND MURDER PRANK was similarly hilarious in how dumb the entire set up was.

pariah164

Just read the response. What an entitled, butthurt little twatwaffle. Any pending sympathy I may have had is gone. Burn the motherfucker to the ground, Ethan and Hila.

tearsofash

What a half assed excuse for the lawsuit, no shit it's over his hurt feelings.

I similarly checked out more of their stuff due to all the recent drama and while it's a bit too meme-y for me at times, I totally lost my shit at certain reaction videos like the one for Joey Salads and the superficial FEED THE HOMELESS vids. BEST FRIEND MURDER PRANK was similarly hilarious in how dumb the entire set up was.

I really enjoyed the Hypnosis one (and the subsequent Ethan & Hila interview with Andy) and the "How to Become a Living Meme" one was pretty funny as well.

Nokterian

"Hosseinzadeh, who lives in Sherman Oaks, Calif., responded through his attorney that he initially contacted the Kleins “to politely ask them to remove my content from their video,” but that they refused. According to his lawyer, the Kleins’ reaction video used more than 70% of his work “while contributing nothing substantive to it.”

“DeFranco says he set up his fund to support small content creators on YouTube… Did he somehow forget that I’m a content creator?”
Hosseinzadeh said in a statement provided to Variety. “Who’s going to stand up for the original content writers, performers, creators, etc.? Now the Kleins are saying that this lawsuit is motivated by hurt feelings. That’s bizarre since their video said nothing but positive things about me and my work. Other sites have been criticizing me for years, so clearly I have nothing against criticism. I do have something against people using so much of my work.”

Hahahahahahah this dude is more stuck up his own ass then I thought.

This guy is fucking delusional holy shit.

Razorskin

----- ------
Ethan can remove whatever he wants. Doesn't remove my disdain for someone that makes the same jokes over and over again, ("So I was just about to hang myself today but then I saw this video") accused ethan of "licking his asshole" multiple times in private conversations, and I would like to finally add that the part where ethan just scrolls through 50 of his videos which are all like The WORST/CRINGIEST/EDGIEST/EASY TARGET FOR MILLIONS OF VIEWS ON YOUTUBE and he says how can anyone tell any of these videos apart was on fucking point

THE BEST LEAFYISHERE PARODY TO EVER BE CREATED IN THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET EVER

I prefer this parody: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FAPvS1L3Ww

tearsofash

So I watched their Tai Lopez video and hadn't heard of him before....now every advertisement I get is from Tai Lopez. Wat.

Top Bottom