• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hackcess: The Thread

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Okay, so now downforeveryoneorjustme.com says Hackcess is up, but when I go to hackcess.com, I get "Connection error." Frak.

john2kx

Danthrax said:
Okay, so now downforeveryoneorjustme.com says Hackcess is up, but when I go to hackcess.com, I get "Connection error." Frak.

Yeah, it's saying that because the page is actually displaying something (connection error), so that website thinks it's up.

But I'm getting the same message.. hopefully it'll be back soon.

ringlord

Here's something to play with once the game comes back. I have a list of the players and rankings. This page lets you filter by MHz so you can weed out those whom you have a decent chance of defeating. For example, entering '300' will show only players with a MHz of 300 or more. It's sorted by rank, so the players higher up are listed first (since they most likely have a higher virus level and therefore more money, but they most likely also have higher vault).

It's pretty basic and needs some improvement like links to the player profile pages and such, and it's guaranteed not to be up-to-date since player ranks and stats can change every half-hour or more, but it should be relatively close. Check your target's rankings before attacking.

I'll try to update it every day or two.

Here it is: http://www.foulbeing.com/hackcess/

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
ringlord said:
Here's something to play with once the game comes back. I have a list of the players and rankings. This page lets you filter by MHz so you can weed out those whom you have a decent chance of defeating. For example, entering '300' will show only players with a MHz of 300 or more. It's sorted by rank, so the players higher up are listed first (since they most likely have a higher virus level and therefore more money, but they most likely also have higher vault).

It's pretty basic and needs some improvement like links to the player profile pages and such, and it's guaranteed not to be up-to-date since player ranks and stats can change every half-hour or more, but it should be relatively close. Check your target's rankings before attacking.

Wow, fantastic! Thanks for setting this up. How do you update it? Did you write a script or are you copypasting manually?

TheKurgan

ringlord said:

Sweet! Great work ringlord.

How if only the can get the servers back up.

FerranMG

Damn it, just 5 minutes before the site went down, a guy named xviper (who I had attacked before) stole like 150.000 credits from me, and he sent me a message saying "this is what happens when you mess with me, noob", him being rank 4xx and me 4xx + 2 :lol

I'm dying to counterattack and destroy him. :D

FerranMG

FerranMG said:
Damn it, just 5 minutes before the site went down, a guy named xviper (who I had attacked before) stole like 150.000 credits from me, and he sent me a message saying "this is what happens when you mess with me, noob", him being rank 4xx and me 4xx + 2 :lol

I'm dying to counterattack and destroy him. :D

Lol, I just stole back 160.000 from him. :lol :lol

Ferrio

Banned
You know I was thinking, it would be pretty easy to write a script to play the game for me. Log in every 30 minutes, find the optimum person to hit up. Invest anything I'm able to etc.

TheKurgan

Yikes look like I should have logged in yesterday night.

jenus 8 hours ago You were defeated. 230,436 958
jenus 8 hours ago You were defeated. 110,312 1789
KrahnacK 8 hours ago You were defeated. 437,046 2199
rockyct 13 hours ago You were defeated. 141,614 2003
rockyct 15 hours ago You were defeated. 250,713 1251
jenus 16 hours ago You were defeated. 170,586 2259
jenus 16 hours ago You were defeated. 574,564 537
frenzalanimatio 20 hours ago You were defeated. 56,482 835

I am saving up my IP's for some payback!

ringlord

Danthrax said:
Wow, fantastic! Thanks for setting this up. How do you update it? Did you write a script or are you copypasting manually?

I'm too lazy to do it manually. I have some automated help.

Meanwhile, I've updated the page with links, and have removed NeoGAF members from the list. No reason for us to be on there.

Some of the users there seem to be stale, like they've been deleted. You can see the profile but when you attack, it tells you the id doesn't exist. I'll work on taking them out tonight.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
TheKurgan said:
Yikes look like I should have logged in yesterday night.

jenus 8 hours ago You were defeated. 230,436 958
jenus 8 hours ago You were defeated. 110,312 1789
KrahnacK 8 hours ago You were defeated. 437,046 2199
rockyct 13 hours ago You were defeated. 141,614 2003
rockyct 15 hours ago You were defeated. 250,713 1251
jenus 16 hours ago You were defeated. 170,586 2259
jenus 16 hours ago You were defeated. 574,564 537
frenzalanimatio 20 hours ago You were defeated. 56,482 835

I am saving up my IP's for some payback!
Jenus has been my bitch since I started this (well, at first, he tried to attack me and failed every time misserably =P (maybe this is why the ATOT guys hate me =P))

BlaneH

Banned
Have really been getting unlucky on my targets sub 10k hits most of the time but climbed up about 150 ranks yesterday

chapel

Banned
kriz 14:43:
Will be going down for good
in a few minutes.
kriz 14:42:
Thanks for playing.
I dont have the time to
admin this anymore and it
is costing me too much
money.
Alright guys, im shutting
hackcess down.

ringlord

Update from the hackcess admin:

kriz 21:45:
I barely have any spare
time these days to admin
this haha.
kriz 21:43:
in a few minutes.
kriz 21:42:
Thanks for playing.
I dont have the time to
is costing me too much
money.
hackcess down.

:(

FerranMG

kriz 21:43:
in a few minutes.
monkeyhihi 21:43:
That's totally un-cool.
monkeyhihi 21:42:
D:
Thanks for playing.
I dont have the time to
is costing me too much
money.
hackcess down.

There's this guy in the chat saying he's the admin, and that is shutting down hackcess 'cause he doesn't have time and is loosing money...

Hope it's not true, but this is the link to his profile: http://www.hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=1
:_(

BlaneH

Banned
What a cop out. Why spend all the time to design and set up the game only to take it down when it's successful? I hope it's not true cause that seems pretty illogical otherwise.

chapel

Banned
I say we just make our own game like this. Look at how this got so popular so fast, it wouldn't be too hard and if we figure out some monetization to pay for the cost of running it, boom easy as done.

Ferrio

Banned
BlaneH said:
What a cop out. Why spend all the time to design and set up the game only to take it down when it's successful? I hope it's not true cause that seems pretty illogical otherwise.

Pretty common. Popularity killed many a websites.

As for making a game like this, it would be pretty easy. But boring as hell. Any game that would be entertaining in making would require a lot more work.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
chapel said:
kriz 14:43:
in a few minutes.
Thanks for playing.
I dont have the time to
is costing me too much
money.
hackcess down.

WTF that's some bullshit

What did he expect? Only 200 people would play? Come on

Just when we'd hit 100 members.

Well I guess if it is over, it's coming at a good time for me. I have to go back to work again next week and that meant not being able to access the site for most of the day. Now no-one can steal my monies.

But in all seriousness, it's a great shame. I've had a blast and it's been a great time waster.

He was asking people how receptive they would be to pitching in with donations to keep it running. So, there's hope yet we can rule this thing.

Honestly, this is the wrong market to be targeting if he wants to make money (or possibly even break even). If he tries advertising, most users (I suspect) will be using Firefox + NoScript/AdBlockPlus. And donations could work, but come on; one of the largest crews (WhatCD) is a private tracker for music pirates.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah I've lost a lot of machines, too. Someone hit me for 1,000 machines all at once about an hour ago. Considering I only had 7,100 machines to begin with, that was a tough hit to take.

Phreaker

Ferrio said:
You know I was thinking, it would be pretty easy to write a script to play the game for me. Log in every 30 minutes, find the optimum person to hit up. Invest anything I'm able to etc.

Good luck with the captcha on every page.

Instro

lol if its shutting down that would be lame, just get some adspace if its costing the guy too much money.

Oh well, max vault now too. :lol

Omnicent

If it resets I wouldn't really mind.

Besides I know how to build (inital 3k into mhz and then virus/mhz the whole way. Do that and unless someone spends 3k into nothing but kbps you will be invincible. Of course will need some in kbps later, so your clean ips won't go to waste) my stuff up now.

ringlord

Omnicent said:
Besides I know how to build (inital 3k into mhz and then virus/mhz the whole way. Do that and unless someone spends 3k into nothing but kbps you will be invincible. Of course will need some in kbps later, so your clean ips won't go to waste) my stuff up now.

That works if no one ever has more cash than you. If they get some lucky hits and can dump decent cash into bps, then they may be able to hit you. Then they're taking cash out of your pocket and getting even further ahead.

Still, not a bad idea.

IcedTea

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a reset. I JUST got level 8 virus and I have to get the last few vault levels still, so I can only imagine how far head some of the top 50 are.

Phreaker

TheNiX said:
Now people are talking about a reset in the general chat. No idea what's going on, especially with there being no main page or forum.

There is a link to their forums on their page, right under Top 25 Players.

Daigoro

someone kill this fucker off for me please?

pulsewidth's Profile
Player: pulsewidth
Overall Rank: 682nd
Megahertz Rank: 641st
Bandwidth Rank: 659th

thanks.

edit: oh i see the stuff about the reset and everything... well we'll see. i still have no idea whats going on in this game anyways, and just started last night, so ill keep playing if the game continues after this...

Daigoro said:

pulsewidth's Profile

thanks.

edit: oh i see the stuff about the reset and everything... well we'll see. i still have no idea whats going on in this game anyways, and just started last night, so ill keep playing if the game continues after this...
Has no overflow cash, but I put a couple of attacks in. Last one got nothing but still worked (no cash, 0% of machines for 0)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Daigoro said:

pulsewidth's Profile

thanks.

Well, I estimate he had about 367 infected machines when I got to him and I destroyed 89 of them in four attacks, so he's probably down to about 278 now. Kind of annoyed I couldn't destroy more of his machines, but oh well. He's now making about 1,400 per tick instead of over 1,800, which is a sizeable amount deal at his rank.

And yeah, I didn't get any money out of him, either.

Top Bottom