• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hackcess: The Thread

BlaneH

Banned
Alright in case of reset I have changed my mind it could do some good since I've shot up 300 ranks in two days I can see the benefit of a fair start.

Daigoro

Danthrax said:
over on ATOT, irishScott said he's quitting. I hit him pretty hard, but he should still have about 100k sitting outside his vault and I'm sure the account will replenish itself quickly overnight: http://www.hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=2900

rank 3, hellz yeah

thaks for the help with that guy. sorry he didnt have any cash for our coffers.

i just hit irishscott a few times, once for 14k but after that i wasnt getting much.

* do i need to be added to a group so i can get clicks and help others out?

Ronok

So I just got my level 8 virus and level 20 vault.

399,688mhz
416,356kbps

Only had 23 attacks on me in the 3 days I've been playing though. :( It's made things a bit easier.

Damn, got like 150k off msimot in 2 attacks. I sort of feel bad for it since his bandwidth is too low to attack me (he's 669th overall compared to my 593rd). He's just about empty now.

EDIT: Okay, question time: I have 290k on me, with a level 10 vault (31.2k). Should I sell most of my high costing stuff for virus level 6 (480k), wait it out and hope I don't get attacked, or just invest it in MHz/kbps/vault/etc?

EDIT2: Now 333k. Selling my only Quad Xeon and ADSL2 would get me to around 480k, right?

Yeah I know.

Upgraded to Lvl 19 Vault now. Do the other tomorrow morning hopefully. jUst use today to boost defense I think.

Oh and great news getting 3rd. Glorious.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Finally that ATOT guy stopped attacking me; seems the loss of the attack log plus my upgraded defense worked. Now I'm finally going up.

I will only attack ATOT and LUElinks guys from today. This is war bitches.

manueldelalas said:
Finally that ATOT guy stopped attacking me; seems the loss of the attack log plus my upgraded defense worked. Now I'm finally going up.

I will only attack ATOT and LUElinks guys from today. This is war bitches.
I guess I could go along with that. Anyone else? I mostly get attacked by randoms, but hey.

TheKurgan

Trying to save up for a better vault but every time I go to sleep shit like this happens.

rockyct 2 hours ago You were defeated. 184,322 1215
rockyct 4 hours ago You were defeated. 104,722 0
rhubarb 4 hours ago You were defeated. 288,969 1963
viesiz 5 hours ago You defended yourself. 0 0
rockyct 7 hours ago You were defeated. 100,668 737
rockyct 7 hours ago You were defeated. 257,440 1366
HeroZero 9 hours ago You defended yourself. 0 0
gorcorps 9 hours ago You were defeated. 225,991 253
lukester 10 hours ago You were defeated. 18,299 2228

I am going to have set my alarm for 2am just to spend my excess cash :lol

ccbfan

This game is gonna be way different with a reset.

The reason its so easy to upgrade right now is because there's so many high level farms out there. (AKA people with level 8 viruses that quit and have low defense) The system is taylored for being easy for starters to catch up.

With a reset everyone's gonna start at low level. No more 100k+ hits. Heck in the first week probably no 10K+ hits.

Its gonna take forever to level.

The best people are gonna be the ones that create a multiple accounts and make some sort of chain.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ccbfan said:
This game is gonna be way different with a reset.

The reason its so easy to upgrade right now

Maybe if you really play to your max potential, but I, for example, usually only log in twice a day, once from work and once from home. That's 10 attacks and even if they're all decent hits, it takes the luck of the draw that I haven't been credit-raped in the interim, somewhat limiting my upgrade opportunities on a given day (thus my not having broken into the top 400 yet).

If/when there is a wipe I may need to bow out gracefully. Still, crashing this game and hitting #3 in less than two weeks is pretty awesome, GAF.

Since I'm starting to get near what I guess you'd call the 'endgame' (nearing level 8 virus, buying ADSL2/Xeons etc.), can you give me some advice as to what to spend stuff on? I have a level 10 vault, and I'm thinking of upgrading that or just focusing on my mhz/kbps. Any ideas?

TheKurgan

Orbitcube said:
Since I'm starting to get near what I guess you'd call the 'endgame' (nearing level 8 virus, buying ADSL2/Xeons etc.), can you give me some advice as to what to spend stuff on? I have a level 10 vault, and I'm thinking of upgrading that or just focusing on my mhz/kbps. Any ideas?

Unless you are planning on checking your account every 2 or 3 hours you will need to upgrade your vault ASAP. A level 8 virus will pump a lot of credits into your account.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Daigoro said:
thaks for the help with that guy. sorry he didnt have any cash for our coffers.

i just hit irishscott a few times, once for 14k but after that i wasnt getting much.

* do i need to be added to a group so i can get clicks and help others out?

yes. send a PM to reallyfull on both GAF and in Hackcess to ask for an invite to the GAF crew.

Hawkian said:
If/when there is a wipe I may need to bow out gracefully. Still, crashing this game and hitting #3 in just one week is pretty awesome, GAF.

fixed for greater awesomeness =P

ccbfan

Holy crap since I joined the clan yesterday.

100 percent of the people that has attacked me are from ATOT.

Unlucky for them I don't leave overflowing credits unattended since I have a level 20 vault now. Should have hit me over the weekend when I lost over 3 million because I was away.

The computer lost still hurts though. A few 1000+ loses.

vertopci

ccbfan said:
Holy crap since I joined the clan yesterday.

100 percent of the people that has attacked me are from ATOT.

Unlucky for them I don't leave overflowing credits unattended since I have a level 20 vault now. Should have hit me over the weekend when I lost over 3 million because I was away.

The computer lost still hurts though. A few 1000+ loses.

I've been losing 2k to 4k machines a hit recently. One fucker hit me for a 7k machine loss. D:

Metiphis

I welcome machine loss. I am number 2 in our crew and NONE of that is from machines. It was all attacking and spending.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah, losing 1,000 machines to one attack is really frustrating when I only have around 8,000 of them.

Speaking of which, is anyone around rank 275 in mhz? I need to get this asshole back and I want to know how about how many mhz he probably has..
BraindeadX, overall rank 270th

TheKurgan

Danthrax said:
Yeah, losing 1,000 machines to one attack is really frustrating when I only have around 8,000 of them.

Speaking of which, is anyone around rank 275 in mhz? I need to get this asshole back and I want to know how about how many mhz he probably has..

I am ranked 292 with 298,000mhz. He is probably in the 350,000 range.

vertopci

Danthrax said:

You'll need about 345k KBPS to hit him

Im at 279 with 327.5K MHZ

john2kx

you need a cushion between yourself and the person you want to attack..

In this case, I'd want to be around rank 200 in bw before I attack him.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Okay thanks guys. Since it never attacks with your full bandwidth, I'll need at least 365,000 kbps to attack.

I'm... a long way from that. >_< 233k

I need a huge cash cow! The ones I've been milking (that I could remember since the attack log wipe) are only giving me about 100k every couple hours.

Instro

Epic_Dave

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm quitting Hackcess. If any of you want to grab some money off me just ask when:p Not sure how much I'll have once i've sold all my bandwidth equipment but it should hopefully help alittle.

Oh yeah my username is Defcon.

IcedTea

Code:
Macuahuitl	10 minutes ago	You were defeated.	0	4266
Ouchies. Finally got my Virus/Vault fully upgraded though so now I can start getting some mhz.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Epic_Dave said:
Hey guys, I'm quitting Hackcess. If any of you want to grab some money off me just ask when:p Not sure how much I'll have once i've sold all my bandwidth equipment but it should hopefully help alittle.

Oh yeah my username is Defcon.

You need to leave the crew for us to be able to attack you. Sell everything so you have as much money as possible and let us know when you do it. =)

BTW, everyone else: his overall rank is 407th. His profile is here: http://www.hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=3107

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Epic_Dave said:
Ok, just say when your ready. Dont want non-gafer's stealing my monies!

Eh, let 'er rip.

BTW every GAFfer should only attack him once, to spread the wealth around.
I'm not communist... just a Democrat.

Epic_Dave

Neo Member
Just got double teamed big time:lol

montag 2 minutes ago You were defeated. 675,033 602
javadart 2 minutes ago You were defeated. 558,391 1026
montag 3 minutes ago You were defeated. 950,666 1166
javadart 3 minutes ago You were defeated. 341,148 1201
montag 3 minutes ago You were defeated. 1,895,267 1350

Top Bottom