• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hackcess: The Thread

BlaneH

Banned
jersoc said:
holy crap, what did you do to piss him off? lol

I think I found some farms for people. around page 15 or 16 there's a huge list of people with all low kb and mhz. i've nabbed a few hundred grand off some. have at it guys!

Oh I am going to town when I wake up.

llonesmiz

manueldelalas said:
Shouldn't be a problem to get that at night.
Cool, you need to aim higher than that though, because right now I'm rank 238 in defense with 504000mhz. I'll try to update my rank/mhz during the day, unless someone else can give you a more accurate number.
Edit: Katana_Strikes is 212 in defense, so he can give you a good reference (maybe by PM).
Edit2: rank 217/567444mhz. sumguy is right now rank 224.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
well

I guess I pissed him off

zerogear 6 minutes ago You were defeated. 14,223 86
zerogear 7 minutes ago You were defeated. 6,116 1178
zerogear 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1642
zerogear 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 824
zerogear 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 364
zerogear 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1200
zerogear 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 2354

and he sent me this message:

Date: 10/09/09
Subject: (No Subject)
lulz

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
gasx 50 minutes ago You were defeated. 0 1016
gasx 50 minutes ago You were defeated. 0 1980
gasx 51 minutes ago You were defeated. 0 2040
gasx 51 minutes ago You were defeated. 0 1184
gasx 52 minutes ago You were defeated. 0 3211

Holy shit he is angry! :lol :lol

Time to hit the fucker back. Hard.

Danthrax said:
well

I guess I pissed him off

zerogear 6 minutes ago You were defeated. 14,223 86
zerogear 7 minutes ago You were defeated. 6,116 1178
zerogear 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1642
zerogear 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 824
zerogear 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 364
zerogear 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1200
zerogear 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 2354

and he sent me this message:

Date: 10/09/09
Subject: (No Subject)
lulz

Just attacked him for 30% - 8713
11% machines - 1230

im getting hit left right and centre now lol

i lose 300k a hit and with this game being constantly down / broken, i dont know if im just wasting my times

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Katana_Strikes said:
Just attacked him for 30% - 8713
11% machines - 1230

Thank you

TheKurgan said:
He attacks me all the time too. How many kps do you need to pull off a successful attack against this guy?

About 330k, considering it always attacks with a little less than your full kbps. I was able to hit him when it used 318k of my kbps.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
ringlord said:
Hit zerogear for 58% credits totaling.... 0 :(

3% of machines totaling... 218

Bah.

Yeah, he's pretty good about keeping his money in his vault, so the main reason to attack him is to destroy machines.

But I have noticed he seems to sleep from about midnight to 8 a.m. EDT so hitting him around 7:30 a.m. EDT would probably yield some credits from him.

BTW, yes, I'm stalking this bastard like Moby Dick. I update his stats in my Notepad doc regularly. He's currently:

Player: zerogear
Overall Rank: 416th
Megahertz Rank: 312th
Bandwidth Rank: 220th
Crew: ATOT

His bandwidth is likely around 325,000 kbps and his processors are probably around 310,000 mhz. His mhz and kbps rankings haven't risen today but his overall ranking shot up about 30 rankings, leading me to believe he upgraded his virus this morning — probably to level 7 or 8.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hmm I seem to have hit a weird bug or something as my attack log has been reset and it never goes up or anything.. It's always stuck at:
Total Outgoing Attacks: 0
Succesful Attacks: 0
Success Ratio: 0%

Lost all my farms noo!

Well I have lost around 140k per tick this past day or so, because of people constantly hitting me, I am so tempted to sell my defense and just go full offense and take them down with me. :lol

Danthrax said:
His bandwidth is likely around 325,000 kbps and his processors are probably around 310,000 mhz. His mhz and kbps rankings haven't risen today but his overall ranking shot up about 30 rankings, leading me to believe he upgraded his virus this morning — probably to level 7 or 8.

Sweet once I upgrade my offence a few more times I shall help you smash him into the ground :D

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Label said:
Hmm I seem to have hit a weird bug or something as my attack log has been reset and it never goes up or anything.. It's always stuck at:
Total Outgoing Attacks: 0
Succesful Attacks: 0
Success Ratio: 0%

Lost all my farms noo!

Well I have lost around 140k per tick this past day or so, because of people constantly hitting me, I am so tempted to sell my defense and just go full offense and take them down with me. :lol

It's not just a bug for you — no one has an attack log anymore. It's really frustrating! I now have a folder where I bookmark people's profile pages, with a separator bar separating cash cows from enemies. =P

As for selling your defense and just making your money from attacking, it seems a number of people are using that strategy successfully, so it's definitely an option.

Label said:
Sweet once I upgrade my offence a few more times I shall help you smash him into the ground :D

Awesome! Thank you.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
He taunted us a few minutes ago in the global chat:

zerogear 17:14:
NeoGAF is lulz

We really need to pound this punk. One ATOTer can't give us this many problems.

[edit] Oh and I just noticed he's bragging in the ATOT thread:

-----
zerogear
09/10/2009 07:51 AM
This guy Danthrax has been attacking me over and over again for no credits, everyone should attack him for lulz. :D

http://www.hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=3218

-----

zerogear
09/10/2009 01:23 PM
vagabond 5 minutes ago You were defeated. 0 833
ringlord 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 218
Beaulieu 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 548
Thorntonreed 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 869
Thorntonreed 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1185
Thorntonreed 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 202
Thorntonreed 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 643
KatanaStrikes 2 hours ago You were defeated. 8,713 1230
gravy 12 hours ago You were defeated. 0 420
Danthrax 12 hours ago You were defeated. 0 0
Danthrax 12 hours ago You were defeated. 0 865
Danthrax 12 hours ago You were defeated. 0 414
Danthrax 12 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1237
Danthrax 12 hours ago You were defeated. 0 386
Danthrax 12 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1570
Danthrax 15 hours ago You were defeated. 0 864
jersoc 16 hours ago You were defeated. 0 99
Magarthryx 17 hours ago You were defeated. 0 305
razorskin 17 hours ago You were defeated. 0 299
jersoc 19 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1022
Thorntonreed 19 hours ago You were defeated. 0 101
Articate 21 hours ago You were defeated. 0 945
Articate 21 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1431
Articate 21 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1180
Sypp 21 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1788

LOL
Most of those are all NeoGAF
-----

Danthrax said:
He taunted us a few minutes ago in the global chat:

zerogear 17:14:
NeoGAF is lulz

We really need to pound this punk. One ATOTer can't give us this many problems.

[edit] Oh and I just noticed he's bragging in the ATOT thread:

-----
zerogear
09/10/2009 07:51 AM
This guy Danthrax has been attacking me over and over again for no credits, everyone should attack him for lulz. :D

http://www.hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=3218

-----

zerogear
09/10/2009 01:23 PM
vagabond 5 minutes ago You were defeated. 0 833
ringlord 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 218
Beaulieu 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 548
Thorntonreed 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 869
Thorntonreed 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1185
Thorntonreed 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 202
Thorntonreed 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 643
KatanaStrikes 2 hours ago You were defeated. 8,713 1230
gravy 12 hours ago You were defeated. 0 420
Danthrax 12 hours ago You were defeated. 0 0
Danthrax 12 hours ago You were defeated. 0 865
Danthrax 12 hours ago You were defeated. 0 414
Danthrax 12 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1237
Danthrax 12 hours ago You were defeated. 0 386
Danthrax 12 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1570
Danthrax 15 hours ago You were defeated. 0 864
jersoc 16 hours ago You were defeated. 0 99
Magarthryx 17 hours ago You were defeated. 0 305
razorskin 17 hours ago You were defeated. 0 299
jersoc 19 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1022
Thorntonreed 19 hours ago You were defeated. 0 101
Articate 21 hours ago You were defeated. 0 945
Articate 21 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1431
Articate 21 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1180
Sypp 21 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1788

LOL
Most of those are all NeoGAF
-----

LOL, looks like I was the only one lucky to get any credits out of him. :D

He sent me an email saying "Haha have you guys got a hit out one me".

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Katana_Strikes said:
LOL, looks like I was the only one lucky to get any credits out of him. :D

He sent me an email saying "Haha have you guys got a hit out one me".

maybe if he'd stop dumping steaming piles on us with regularity and attacked non-GAFfers instead, we wouldn't target him. hmm.

partisan

Neo Member
a few tips for newcomers:

- keep your mhz and bandwidth symmetrical. This will help, for example if it says your mhz ranking is 300 and your bandwith rating is 240. You immediately know you can attack anyone whose mhz ranking is less than 300 and if their bandwidth ranking is less than 240, they won't be able to hit back at you.
- this is also the most efficient way to spend your money (except viruses) because things get more expensive as you buy more and ridiculously expensive as you get into higher ranks.
- you can calculate the optimal pattern of buying by calculating the dollar per kbps/mhz cost in excel. It seems to be like it's most optimal to usually buy 1 of each, but the total amounts should be in increments of 2. Like, 20 8000mhz, 18 1500mhz, 16 512mhz etc. Again, you can easily calculate this in excel.
- do not sell your stuff preferably, as you will lose 75% of the value
- don't invest into your vault early on.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
jersoc said:
i can't find that zerogear guy at 416
oh, he's in the 300's now

OMG you're right. He just sold off ALL his defense and bought a ton of bandwidth.

BTW, his profile: http://www.hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=3136 916th in mhz, 194th in kbps

maybe he noticed I've been beefing up my defense all day.

So, has anyone noticed if you destroy more machines if there's a larger gulf between the target's defense and your attack?

Danthrax said:
OMG you're right. He just sold off ALL his defense and bought a ton of bandwidth.

BTW, his profile: http://www.hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=3136 916th in mhz, 194th in kbps

So, has anyone noticed if you destroy more machines if there's a larger gulf between the target's defense and your attack?

Maybe he's trying to get at me lol.

You could be right about you're point. There has to be something.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
in the global chat:

rockyct 20:11:
at one point or another I
got million credit hits off
of esaria, mik2121, c2morg,
falagard, evilpigking, and
smokingunz
Magarthryx 20:11:
those*
Magarthryx 20:11:
that facks are good eating
rockyct 20:09:
yes, farming neogafs is a
lot of fun
Magarthryx 20:09:
farming NeoGAFs, good
decision?
ecid 20:01:
i get most from the ATOTs
:)
zerogear 19:50:
All my most juicy hits are
from NeoGAF, they're
pretty plump

Aegus said:
This guy

http://www.hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=2267

has some money. I skimmed 700k off about an hour ago.

thanks, got 204k off him.

Rockyct keeps bragging about how Gaf is good for farming. Him and Zerogear. Just got level 8 virus and got my D up enough that they question attacking or not, so it's time to max out my vault and start slapping these ATOT guys.

How much does a level 20 vault cover?

Razorskin

----- ------
TheNiX said:
Rockyct keeps bragging about how Gaf is good for farming. Him and Zerogear. Just got level 8 virus and got my D up enough that they question attacking or not, so it's time to max out my vault and start slapping these ATOT guys.

How much does a level 20 vault cover?

not much

jersoc

they hate us out of fear. if we organize attacks we can destroy someone in no time. even 3 or 4 people hitting the same guy every few IP's can just dominate their machines, I should know!

TheKurgan

Danthrax said:

So how many kps needed for rank 194? I have my account up to a 274th rank in mhz - would that be enough?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Well let's stop talking about it and let's do it! =P

We'll hit zerogear first. Everyone targets him tomorrow with all the IPs we have at 7:02 a.m. EDT/4:02 a.m. PDT/11:32 a.m. GMT. The objective is to destroy all his machines. We'll likely get no money, but that's okay if he gets the message that he shouldn't fuck with us anymore.

Also, copypaste this into an e-mail to him after expending all your IPs:

Kind sir, consider this your invitation to cease all attacks against NeoGAF members. We sincerely hope you accept, but in case you don't, please understand we'd be happy to FYUTA again. Hugs and kisses, -NeoGAF

Once again, here's his address: http://www.hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=3136

TheKurgan said:
So how many kps needed for rank 194? I have my account up to a 274th rank in mhz - would that be enough?

He probably has about 360,000 kbps, and can only attack with about 340,000 of that, so as long as you have 340,000 mhz, you should be okay.

JSnake

Is it possible to kill all of someone's machines? I assume there'd be some kinda protection against literally dropping to 0.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
JSnake said:
Is it possible to kill all of someone's machines? I assume there'd be some kinda protection against literally dropping to 0.

I should think it's possible. But your virus will always give you new ones, as will referrals, so the tactic isn't completely broken.

john2kx

Danthrax said:
Well let's stop talking about it and let's do it! =P

We'll hit zerogear first. Everyone targets him with all the IPs we have at 10:02 p.m. EDT/7:02 p.m. PDT. The objective is to destroy all his machines. We'll likely get no money, but that's okay if he gets the message that he shouldn't fuck with us anymore.

Also, copypaste this into an e-mail to him after expending all your IPs:

Kind sir, consider this your invitation to cease all attacks against NeoGAF members. We sincerely hope you accept, but in case you don't, please understand we'd be happy to FYUTA again. Hugs and kisses, -NeoGAF

Once again, here's his address: http://www.hackcess.com/index.php?p=viewplayer&id=3136

He probably has about 360,000 kbps, and can only attack with about 340,000 of that, so as long as you have 340,000 mhz, you should be okay.

Why not make the hit at 7:30 AM EST, as suggested earlier? He probably cares more about losing money than losing a few machines, if his vault is any indication.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I will start fucking up zerogear now (I do not even care about the credits anymore :lol). After we destroy him can we move onto rockyct? :D

Check this:
LEDominator 2 hours ago You were defeated. 0 0
rockyct 12 hours ago You were defeated. 139,564 1346
rockyct 1 days ago You were defeated. 350,356 3529
rockyct 1 days ago You were defeated. 94,033 4062
rockyct 2 days ago You were defeated. 0 1126
LEDominator 2 days ago You were defeated. 94,533 1132
rockyct 2 days ago You were defeated. 69,438 1798
LEDominator 2 days ago You were defeated. 109,804 1298
LEDominator 2 days ago You were defeated. 381,266 1061
rockyct 2 days ago You were defeated. 414,991 293
rockyct 2 days ago You were defeated. 128,228 1219
rockyct 2 days ago You were defeated. 810,066 3014
rockyct 2 days ago You were defeated. 164,657 3570
rockyct 3 days ago You were defeated. 0 0
rockyct 3 days ago You were defeated. 56,207 5225
rockyct 3 days ago You were defeated. 681,921 0

roar.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
john2kx said:
Why not make the hit at 7:30 AM EST, as suggested earlier? He probably cares more about losing money than losing a few machines, if his vault is any indication.

my concern is whether many people will be awake at that time. you're right — tactically, 7:32 a.m. EDT is the best time to hit him. but it may be difficult to get a lot of people together to attack at that time.

okay. I can be awake then. who else can?

Articate

Banned
That's NYC time, isn't it? No problem, I'll log on from work tomorrow and help in! Today I've broken into top 150 ;D I'm like 100th or something with bandwidth, so if you have someone you dislike, I'll gladly spend some IPs to retaliate!

TheKurgan

Danthrax said:

Okay I should be good them. A 275 rank in mhz = 450,000 mhz - right now anyway. I will wait until I get some free IP's and attach him with both my accounts.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Alright, I guess the attack is being moved to 7:32 a.m. EDT tomorrow, then! That's 4:32 a.m. PDT, 11:32 a.m. GMT.

I'll edit my post above.

Articate said:
That's NYC time, isn't it? No problem, I'll log on from work tomorrow and help in! Today I've broken into top 150 ;D I'm like 100th or something with bandwidth, so if you have someone you dislike, I'll gladly spend some IPs to retaliate!

Yes, EDT = Eastern Daylight Time, which New York is on right now.

Katana_Strikes said:
What times that in UK space hours?

I believe the UK is five hours ahead of the U.S.'s eastern time right now, so that'll be 1232 for you.

Top Bottom