• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming |OT| PC/Steam - April 4th

Wait, WHAT?! This is coming out so soon? My backlog is so ridiculously large, and I was gonna wait to buy it...but if there's a 25% voucher coming in then they're leaving me no choice. I really do want to support this game.

COPLonesteban, in the future, if you are going to give away things like game codes, wrap them in the tag so only members can see them.[/QUOTE]Alternatively, he can send the codes to me (or a willing mod) to be put through a ModBot raffle.

Of course, it's just great that he's giving away codes either way. :)

Corpekata

Banned
Man this is near Typing of the Dead "Here's a game you've been wanting for a while" levels of sudden. Not that I'm complaining.

carlos

I can't believe HMH2 is finally coming out here, I'm gonna have to create a steam account just to play this...(I'm currently not a member of the PC master race).

Support this series with your wallet, people!

Coppanuva

Any idea how the 25% discount will work? We looking at a coupon distributed to owners, or an in store discount like red orchestra 2 expansion and that one crysis game we're? Just curious if I'll be able to jump for a purchase the second the game turns up or if I'll be waiting for an inventory coupon update.

Any idea how the 25% discount will work? We looking at a coupon distributed to owners, or an in store discount like red orchestra 2 expansion and that one crysis game we're? Just curious if I'll be able to jump for a purchase the second the game turns up or if I'll be waiting for an inventory coupon update.
Historically, in situations like this it does involve getting a coupon.

I'll check with Steam |OT| for a solid answer, but I'm pretty sure such coupons are "scheduled," so publishers can get them to people correctly.

COPLonesteban

Neo Member

I've asked Valve to make it automatic (like the Deus Ex:HR Director's Cut upgrade) so the price should just display as lower for owners of the first game. I hope that's how it works out, but Valve hasn't told me exactly what's happening yet.

I've asked Valve to make it automatic (like the Deus Ex:HR Director's Cut upgrade) so the price should just display as lower for owners of the first game. I hope that's how it works out, but Valve hasn't told me exactly what's happening yet.

How much can you talk about these games on PC?

I'm asking because I'm curious about how MAQL reacted to Half Minute Hero doing well on PC. Like was it only enough to bring over the sequel or did it spark ideas of porting other games to PC as well

Fucking awesome if this is really coming out in 2 days. Unfortunately I have to work about 40 hours from Friday to Sunday, but I will dominate the hell out of this game on Monday night. Excited!

Coppanuva

Awesome, hopefully that'll work out then! Definitely picking it up at any rate.

Gamerloid

So much excitement for this game I see. I feel that I should purchase the first one when I clear more of my backlog.

It has online co op too?
Unless much has changed since the first game, it has a two to four player online mode, but it's more of a versus mode than co-op (though you could easily just play all the online levels together without paying attention to the competition aspect).

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nice to see more success for Marvelous on Steam. Not sure if I'll bother with multiplayer but the addition of Steam Workshop might make me want to try it.

Concept sounds cool. Never played the 1st, don't remember why. So happy this is during my break so I can play all day, so getting this day one. Any word on pricing?

Salsa

Hi everyone, I'm the producer behind MAQL's Steam titles. I can confirm a few things for you! I can also give away free stuff!
  • The game will cost about half what a PSP game would.
  • The Oculus Rift support is NOT a joke.
  • Achievements are in and I am working trading cards for soon after launch.
  • I am doing all the marketing by myself *cries*
  • The fans are amazing and thanks for making an OT!

I love you bro

havent played a lot of the first on Steam since I exhausted that game on PSP. Getting this ASAP

Nabs

The store page is up:

app_workshop_banner_english.png

Use the in-game editor to create your own levels. Browse, download, edit, and share your levels via Steam Workshop.

Ultratech

Anybody that has played the original import, feel free to provide some minor gameplay details or impressions, I will post them here.

IIRC, there are some things that get changed up a bit for the 2nd game.

-World Map!(?): Unlike the original game which sorta had you jumping from scenario to scenario, you can actually traverse a World Map between Quests!

-Global Level: This relates to the above. While quests typically act as they normally did in the original game (i.e. Level up a bunch from Lv1 to defeat Evil), you now have a Global Level you can raise between Quests.
So instead of starting from Lv1 every Quest, you get something of a head start now. (Of course, it raises nowhere near as fast as it would in a Quest.)

-Party Members: Apart from Hero 300 and some Hero 30 quests, you were pretty much by yourself for a lot of the game. Now you can have additional party members to assist in battle!

-Visible Enemies: Yup, enemies are now visible on the map, so you don't have to quite wander around aimlessly trying to get into a fight.
Additionally, once you get strong enough, you can just straight-up insta-kill them by running into them (a la Earthbound).

Special Abilities: Instead of just throwing yourself at enemies, your guys also get Special Abilities to put more hurting on some enemies. (Of course, the bad guys get some of this as well...)

Dungeons: Yeah, there's actual dungeons complete with enemies, multiple floors, teleporters, and all sorts of terribly fun stuff.

A Hero's Moving Castle: In case one of those screenshots didn't give it away, you get a castle. With mecha-legs. It also fights giant-sized monsters by running into them (because how else would it attack?).

Music: Seriously, the game's got some really good tunes.
(Then again, if you played the 1st game, you'd know this as well.)

Heck I don't care if it's priced at what a PSP game cost back in the early 2000s, this is definitely the game well worth buying to show the support where pretty much everyone else gave up on.

Would love to see some of those upcoming trading cards. Only two more days until I can play this sucka all weekend. Best of luck on the launch, COPLonesteban.

I am so hyped for the sequel to one of the best games of last generation.

My love for Half-Minute Hero, Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax, and Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy cannot be properly described. It's immense.

Durante

Hi everyone, I'm the producer behind MAQL's Steam titles. I can confirm a few things for you! I can also give away free stuff!
Rest assured that whenever I post my "released games with native Rift support" list (which is quite short at the moment) HMH2 will be featured prominently!

I can't wait to try it, I expect some kind of virtual screen mode.

Also, I'm probably one of the 5 people in the target audience for this game who owns a DK1 :p

Hasney

• The game will cost about half what a PSP game would.
  • Achievements are in and I am working trading cards for soon after launch.
  • I am doing all the marketing by myself *cries*
  • The fans are amazing and thanks for making an OT!

I'm sorry to come at you with a complaint, but I feel I must.

I had your user profile page here on NeoGAF open and I was throwing money at it, but I still don't appear to be playing Half Minute Hero 2. What gives?

HNNNGGGG SO EXCITED

COPLonesteban is giving away THIRTY copies of the original Half Minute Hero on Steam!

^ Pro Tip: If you have the first game on Steam, you'll get 25% off of the sequel.

I'll be putting these through ModBot at different times today (so that people in different time zones have a chance to get one).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794738.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Minute Hero #01 -- MB-484C3561AD1B0C02 - Taken by Ultratech. 2 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #02 -- MB-89EF6BDF19BADB55 - Taken by kurahador. 3 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #03 -- MB-3E29C0FEEFB84011 - Taken by Gintoki. 2 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #04 -- MB-18ABE0E1D938972A - Taken by JakeD. 2 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #05 -- MB-099A202B3E60E800 - Taken by Detox. 3 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #06 -- MB-394EE02D6469EDCD - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #07 -- MB-94FE08AA2012CD98 - Taken by thrillho. 2 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #08 -- MB-E67DF3879403419A - Taken by spindoctor. 3 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #09 -- MB-3E9FCD3B20C0AD27 - Taken by Fare Godmace. 2 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #10 -- MB-B44D1C8C9AD641DC - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 2 entrants total.

t1396445311z1.png

Hasney

Awesome! Cheers people!

Maybe do the next ones with the multientry and nodailywinners options though as in this one you have to pick one to draw. Combining it with nodailywinners means that if someone entered every draw, they could only win one.

Hasney

I'm too excited, I read the giveaway as for the new one, not the original. If I win it, i'll give it away in the Steam thread with a link to here.

It should be noted that anyone who doesn't have the original should enter as it also doubles as 25% off the Second Coming.

NEO0MJ

Man, the art style for this one looks waay better than the original's HD port. The "HD" version of the game looked poor, but even the pixelated version was hard to look at

Don't forget though that the original game was for the PSP. This one was probably designed with higher res machines in mind.

TnK

Ohhhh yes, the sequel is finally coming out, and so close too. Will be buying it day 0.

My favorite game on the PSP hands down.

Top Bottom