• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming |OT| PC/Steam - April 4th

Gassey

Banned
So excited! A great surprise.

Probably the greatest game for Vita. I triple dipped on the original. :)

It was really inspirational to "designer" me. Every game I've made since I try to make it play as fast as possible.

For some reason I never played the original so this thread got me excited to buy it on PSN since I don't like playing this kind of games on PC. But the fact that the game costs 13€ on PSN while on Steam it's only 7€ really bums me out... Purchase put off until a sale on either Steam or PSN..

mclem

I played through most of the first on PSP, but I've been planning to revisit it on PC (using the *proper* graphics, none of that modern nonsense!); this is excellent timing to encourage me to get a move on...

...after I've done my Tex Murphy series playthrough in preparation for Tesla Effect, of course. And the myriad other things that may distract me.

Coppanuva

Don't forget though that the original game was for the PSP. This one was probably designed with higher res machines in mind.

This one was originally for the PSP too though. I'm assuming either they did some extra work to make sure it looks good on the PC, or that the change in art style helped it much more when blown up on a PC monitor (I believe people said this one looks more like 16-bit instead of 8-bit style).

JakeD

COPLonesteban is giving away THIRTY copies of the original Half Minute Hero on Steam!

^ Pro Tip: If you have the first game on Steam, you'll get 25% off of the sequel.

I'll be putting these through ModBot at different times today (so that people in different time zones have a chance to get one).

thanks!

Gah, I cannot believe I didn't check GAF during breakfast. Glad there are going to be another 20 copies. Will be on the lookout this morning!

Not sure if my PC can play this game, I have a cheap PC that I mostly use for web surfing and as of late as a video server. I asked for advice in stupid gaming questions so we'll see. I'll probably buy HMH2 even if I can't run it just to support the game; the first one is in my top 10 favorites for sure

edit: do we know if there's controller support or will we have to use joy2key for that?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Not sure if my PC can play this game, I have a cheap PC that I mostly use for web surfing and as of late as a video server. I asked for advice in stupid gaming questions so we'll see. I'll probably buy HMH2 even if I can't run it just to support the game; the first one is in my top 10 favorites for sure

edit: do we know if there's controller support or will we have to use joy2key for that?

Game runs on toasters if you check the specs.

I replied to you in that thread. Long story short, your rig should have absolutely no issues with this 2D game.

Cheddahz

Banned
I can't believe that we are finally getting the sequel! I played the original on the 360 and while it wasn't a bad port, it was a shame that some sections from the PSP version were missing

I can't believe that we are finally getting the sequel! I played the original on the 360 and while it wasn't a bad port, it was a shame that some sections from the PSP version were missing
I suppose it should be said that the PC version of the first game includes everything from the paper and 360 version in case those who don't know

isual

The original HMH was one of the games that made me get a PSP, so I'm obviously very excited to get this. :)

Wow, that bundle is pretty amazing. Worth it for HMH alone, of course, but even though I have it on Steam too, I'm getting the bundle for stuff like Sang-Froid, which looked quite good.

can I have the HMH if you're buying the bundle?

Cbajd5

I suppose it should be said that the PC version of the first game includes everything from the paper and 360 version in case those who don't know

"paper"? You mean PSP? It's still missing the Another Goddess (aka Valhalla Knights 30) mission like the 360 version, although it has other extra missions. (Because of licensing and all that, right?) It does still have a majority of the content that was missing from the 360 version though with the re-addition of the non-Hero 30 modes proper.

On that note, is there anything like that that will be removed from the PC version of HMHII:TSC? (i like acronyms)

Please thank COPLonesteban for the giveaway, I am simply the delivery boy.

Ten more Steam keys for the original Half Minute Hero.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794738.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Minute Hero #11 -- MB-D8C639454D6A0E33 - Taken by Evrain. 5 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #12 -- MB-54D317D52105253D - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 4 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #13 -- MB-DACA2D2D5B1E774A - Taken by Kirosia. 3 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #14 -- MB-FB4880A9C154FF40 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 2 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #15 -- MB-DE10258779A04887 - Taken by topyy. 3 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #16 -- MB-BECA6EFB48FBC12E - Taken by Berordn. 4 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #17 -- MB-32478CF697154409 - Taken by corrosivefrost. 8 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #18 -- MB-EC80AB03CFDC4295 - Taken by KageZero. 10 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #19 -- MB-6E663FA21218EC74 - Taken by carlos. 5 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #20 -- MB-C3805DA0FF9FBFD7 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.

t1396474113z1.png

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I have and love the original on both 360 and Steam. I didn't even know a sequel was on the way so this is great news for me.

Evrain

Entered for # 13... Fingers crossed, how I missed it so far is anybody's guess. Was the game released on the Italian PSN? (PSPgo owner here)

Mesoian

Hi everyone, I'm the producer behind MAQL's Steam titles. I can confirm a few things for you! I can also give away free stuff!
  • The game will cost about half what a PSP game would.
  • The Oculus Rift support is NOT a joke.
  • Achievements are in and I am working trading cards for soon after launch.
  • I am doing all the marketing by myself *cries*
  • The fans are amazing and thanks for making an OT!

So 15 bucks. Cool. Sold.

So I don't know if I added anything to the message would mess up my entry, so I sent another email with another game selection. Hopefully I did it right!

Sera O

Banned
I had no idea this was even happening. That's awesome. I really enjoyed the first one and will be sure to pick this up.

Does the soundtrack have Takamizawa on it like last time around? I adored the cheesiness, and when I looked him up I discovered the largest collection of guitars shaped like cherubs that I had ever seen. The music video for Yuuwaku no Blood (instrumental version used as main theme of HMH1) is just amazingly funny, too - it contains, like, 4 lead guitarists.

"paper"? You mean PSP? It's still missing the Another Goddess (aka Valhalla Knights 30) mission like the 360 version, although it has other extra missions. (Because of licensing and all that, right?) It does still have a majority of the content that was missing from the 360 version though with the re-addition of the non-Hero 30 modes proper.

On that note, is there anything like that that will be removed from the PC version of HMHII:TSC? (i like acronyms)
Duhh, stupid phone auto correction

I'm too excited, I read the giveaway as for the new one, not the original. If I win it, i'll give it away in the Steam thread with a link to here.

It should be noted that anyone who doesn't have the original should enter as it also doubles as 25% off the Second Coming.

I did the same... and then did the same. :X

Grief.exe

Tough competition for #18

If you guys missed out, I just bought the Groupees 12 bundle this morning. Contains Half Minute Hero in the $3.50 tier and many others.

I also recommend Sang Froid, little indie game based on defending your town from Werewolves in early 1900s Canada.

http://groupees.com/bm12

Dorygrant

Just wanted to say I am really excited for this!

Really glad this came to fruition.

One of PSP's sleeper hits for sure!

Two more days!!!

carlos

Huh, I actually won? sweet! (#19)

Many thanks to COPLonesteban and PixyJunket for organizing; I hope HMH2 gets the financial and critical success it deserves.

Tough competition for #18

If you guys missed out, I just bought the Groupees 12 bundle this morning. Contains Half Minute Hero in the $3.50 tier and many others.

I also recommend Sang Froid, little indie game based on defending your town from Werewolves in early 1900s Canada.

http://groupees.com/bm12

I donated 5 bucks. I figure Sang and Half Minute will be worth the money. Thanks for the link!

Okay kiddies, here's the last batch of goodies.

Now to be perfectly clear.

THESE ARE FOR HALF MINUTE HERO 1 AKA ONE AKA NOT THE SECOND COMING.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794738.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Minute Hero #21 -- MB-41CB07764202D4F1 - Taken by Anony. 3 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #22 -- MB-12D5ED0CF2009636 - Taken by Tinfoilhatsron. 1 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #23 -- MB-A3C803B501F8C9F6 - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #24 -- MB-C5253C756A5D8028 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 3 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #25 -- MB-BD9398206B6E902B - Taken by The Return of. 3 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #26 -- MB-71295B1053623C28 - Taken by Ceebs. 1 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #27 -- MB-46C4DA4F1B2FF1C9 - Taken by 3chopl0x. 2 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #28 -- MB-59F6669F2890E1FE - Taken by bon. 1 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #29 -- MB-5C509FA559980EB8 - Taken by stfuppercut. 2 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #30 -- MB-D8EC60865E4E9776 - Taken by Cheddahz. 2 entrants total.

t1396502913z1.png

Uhh can someone explain ModBot to me. I'm kinda clueless on the process though I tried to follow the instructions, I feel as if ai did something wrong.
Edit: Can someone still explain (or link me somewhere) even though the raffle is done?

Hope I win one or the first game goes on sale soon. Was always interested in trying but never really understood the concept well enough to throw down money on it.

Top Bottom