• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

halo 2 august 24th??? WTF???

FightyF

Banned
Crap, I went through that Ilovebees site and found lots of interesting info. I posted all the quotes I found in here, but this stupid laptop's finger pointer dealy has shortcuts to go back pages, so I lost the whole post!

In summary...it looks like there was a ship (120 meters long) and a crew of 40 people on it. Something happened, and this one person (seems like a girl) is lost or trapped and wants her crew to find her. At another point she realizes that they are all dead. At another point she feels sedated and her parts being removed as she is strapped to a table. And there are some clues indicated that she is trapped somehow, but removed from her body. There is a lot of talk about sand (tears of sand, on a sandy beach).

There were some comments that imply that they are clues. "Something like Arachne is dead, take a hint already", or something like that.

I also found some message in the recipes part...and instead of a recipe it was a message from that girl. But I can't get it to do it again. Stupid laptop touch pad thingy.

Anyways, there is a sequence of events that's pretty clear...a ship crashes, a girl lands on a beach, and doesn't know the status of the crew.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Marconelly said:
Shouldn't a 'new game' be something actually new and never bevore heard of?

Well, maybe they are talking about this Ilovebees web game, but I don't think they would be so confident people will be duying to play it.

Well surely its new until its come out at least :D

It'd be a "World exclusive first look" if we'd never seen it before.

In 15 days this medium will metastasize.

I never thought to look up what metastasize meant, now i have it seems to me that its the countdown to the launch of the official website, which coincides with the EGM magazine and probably the end of a large information embargo (ie, Either EGM has an exclusive or its a Bungie imposed embargo and EGM are trying to get the info out as quickly as possible after its lifted).

Some stuff at ilovebees.com in that FAQ seriously scares me...But anyway...

ura8.jpg

----

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
Crap, I went through that Ilovebees site and found lots of interesting info. I posted all the quotes I found in here, but this stupid laptop's finger pointer dealy has shortcuts to go back pages, so I lost the whole post!

In summary...it looks like there was a ship (120 meters long) and a crew of 40 people on it. Something happened, and this one person (seems like a girl) is lost or trapped and wants her crew to find her. At another point she realizes that they are all dead. At another point she feels sedated and her parts being removed as she is strapped to a table. And there are some clues indicated that she is trapped somehow, but removed from her body. There is a lot of talk about sand (tears of sand, on a sandy beach).

There were some comments that imply that they are clues. "Something like Arachne is dead, take a hint already", or something like that.

I also found some message in the recipes part...and instead of a recipe it was a message from that girl. But I can't get it to do it again. Stupid laptop touch pad thingy.

Anyways, there is a sequence of events that's pretty clear...a ship crashes, a girl lands on a beach, and doesn't know the status of the crew.
It's probably related to part of the plot of Halo 2. It's not something you can really figure out just some backstory so that while you're playing the game you're like "cool, I read about this character's experience online." Just like how people read the Halo books and have more backstory on the events and characters in the game.

The only people I've heard so far about getting deliveries of honey in the mail are ARG members and EGM. So there may be some connection to the Aug. 24th surprise at EGM. I have my reservations though. The way that the A.I. game had no big payoff, this game may not have one either. The point is simply to get you talking and speculating about the game and if what Sean Stewart wrote about the A.I. game is anything to go by then he will probably be making up a lot of this as he goes.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Well surely its new until its come out at least
Well, technically yes, but you'd have to admit that would be pretty lame to do that kind of touting for a game that everyone had a chance to see (a video footage alone probably amounts to one hour now) and many had a chance to play.

Ploid 3.0

If it's true it'll be cool. Halo2 released on my birthday. Hopefully GTA:SA and GT4 will be realeased around then too.

FightyF

Banned
Someone at ARG noted that "A" and "I" were missing in the beginning of 2 consecutive paragraphs...but said that it was most likely a bad copy paste job.

That forum is not loading for me anymore...there were somethings that I read that haven't been posted (up until page 3, I'm trying to load the next page) and I wanted to share.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Marconelly said:
Well, technically yes, but you'd have to admit that would be pretty lame to do that kind of touting for a game that everyone had a chance to see (a video footage alone probably amounts to one hour now) and many had a chance to play.

Maybe slightly misleading (going by the fact no one guessed halo 2 in that thread untill ilovebees came up) but Halo 2 is one of the most highly anticipated games this generation so i wouldnt consider any new info on it lame.

Obviously it depends what they have to show though.

Solid

The Shadow said:
I think it means thte terrorist plan to attack in 28 days.
TWENTY EIGHT DAYS
SIX HOURS
FORTY TWO MINUTES
TWELVE SECONDS...

...THAT IS WHEN THE WORLD WILL END

Guess what movie :D

Deepthroat said:
TWENTY EIGHT DAYS
SIX HOURS
FORTY TWO MINUTES
TWELVE SECONDS...

...THAT IS WHEN THE WORLD WILL END

Guess what movie :D

darko1.jpg

I think I know what FoF is talking about too. I clicked "Links" and got this:

strange2.jpg

Lot's of faked, corrupted pictures too all around the site.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
The Shadow said:
I just got this visiting that ilovebees.com site.

strange.jpg

I think it means thte terrorist plan to attack in 28 days.

Quick look at the source says that timer is

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="Javascript1.2">
var chinatime = new Date(2004,7,24,6,7,0);
</SCRIPT>

And the .js file explains how they show it
Code:
Countdown();
function Countdown()
{
	currentDate = new Date();
	targetDate = chinatime;
	//alert(targetDate);
	diff = targetDate.getTime() - currentDate.getTime();
	diffSecs = Math.floor(diff/1000);
	diffMins = Math.floor(diffSecs/60);
	diffHours = Math.floor(diffMins/60);
	diffDays = Math.floor(diffHours/24);
	milliseconds = diff % 1000;
	seconds = diffSecs % 60;
	mins = diffMins % 60;
	hours = diffHours % 24;
	days = diffDays;
	millisecondsStr = "";
	if (milliseconds < 10){
	millisecondsStr = "00"+milliseconds;
	}
	else if (milliseconds < 100){
	millisecondsStr = "0"+milliseconds;
	}
	else millisecondsStr = milliseconds+"";
	secondsStr = (seconds < 10 ? "0"+seconds : seconds+"");
	minsStr = (mins < 10 ? "0"+mins : mins+"");
	hoursStr = (hours < 10 ? "0"+hours : hours+"");
	daysStr = (days < 10 ? "0"+days : days+"");

document.getElementById("counter").innerText = daysStr + ":" + hoursStr + ":" + minsStr + ":" + secondsStr + ":" + millisecondsStr;
	setTimeout("Countdown()", 99);
}

BeOnEdge

Banned
hey shadow, for some fun, whenever you see a corrupted picture on the site, save it to your desktop and open it in wordpad. there are hidden phrases in the text.

FightyF

Banned
Wow, if you go to the forum I linked to, they are analyzing EVERYTHING about it. Even the wav files! Apparently you can hear "Help Me!" when changing the speed and reversing it.

keerazy

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
so i wouldnt consider any new info on it lame.
I wouldn't either if it was the thing announced in the first place, but I am under impression that the way they announced it would be more than little misleading, if it's indeed about Halo 2. I don't remember the exact words used for an announcement, but it's telling that noone in that thread though it could be about a game that was already announced/had media of it out already.

Anyways, it's not a big deal, and I'm not gonna rain on anyone's parade. I'll be happy whatever it is.

Wow, if you go to the forum I linked to, they are analyzing EVERYTHING about it. Even the wav files! Apparently you can hear "Help Me!"
Oh, yes. AI web game was just like that. Every little detail was under the scrutiny, and more often than not, for a good reason, as every little detail more often than not turned out to be there on purpose, as a piece to the puzzle. I'm not going to state anything with 100% certainty, but some of the guys here who think that "people are looking too much into this" or seeing things "that are not there" could be eating their words when/if this unfolds further.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
or maybe... november 9th is when Halo2's massively multiplayer fps "battles taking weeks" mode will go online.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Fight for Freeform said:
Wow, if you go to the forum I linked to, they are analyzing EVERYTHING about it. Even the wav files! Apparently you can hear "Help Me!" when changing the speed and reversing it.
I am cold and frightened

Hournda

This can be summed up in 4 words: Much ado about nothing. Just like those creepy Cortana letters it's interesting to speculate over but eventually no one will really figure out what it means and soon forget about it once the game comes out. And even if somehow this ilovebees.com stuff is actually cracked, it's going to be mostly irrelevant come November 9 anyway.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
This can be summed up in 4 words: Much ado about nothing.

Much to do about a womens genitals? What does that have anything to do with Halo 2? :-/

[/bad shakespeare joke]

BeOnEdge

Banned
contrary to my thread topic, i dont think the full game will released on the 24th. funny enough i just got some survey from MS about xbox LIVE emailed to me. Hmmmmm...

BeOnEdge

Banned
one of halos main draws is multiplayer action. LIVE play will help kill some of that piracy. maybe they'll even find another way to stop it from being pirated.

Hournda said:
This can be summed up in 4 words: Much ado about nothing. Just like those creepy Cortana letters it's interesting to speculate over but eventually no one will really figure out what it means and soon forget about it once the game comes out. And even if somehow this ilovebees.com stuff is actually cracked, it's going to be mostly irrelevant come November 9 anyway.

To be fair going back over the Cortana letters do show some elements of Halo... but a bizzaro Halo that still has elements of the Marathon storyline which apparently have been purged from the Halo universe. The Cortana letters had a strong Durandal sounding tone to them.

For instance:

Thanks to this slavishly loyal and humorless AI, I am now sharing cramped
space with the circuitry of some hybrid war machine, itself complicated by such
useless clutter as a conscience. I do not like sharing. Sharing is for
children.
There will be plenty of time for retribution; I cannot wait to get its hands
on these psychotic zealots whose primary form of worship apparently takes place
at the altar of orbital bombardment.

Sounds like Durandal, proposes to be Cortana, yet speaks of the Master Chief (circuitry of a hybrid war machine) and the Covenant (psychotic zealots...). So if this ilovebees business is truly Halo 2 business, then there are some hints at stuff happening in here, but we will only know after the game is released most likely.

I don't see how ilovebees doesn't have to do with Halo 2...The URL flashes in the Halo 2 theatrical trailer. Idk about you, but that turns a light bulb on for me.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=277468

07-15-04, 08:57 AM #2
Ryan_OXM

Rep:
Re: Halo 2 demo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably, but I *GUARANTEE* you it wouldn't be until after the game ships.

How come noone is mentioning the brief appearance of "i love bees.com" within the trailer at the end? What the fuck does it mean?! I'm flippin' here!! This is super-bugged!! But, enjoying every minute - this is what it means to be a videogame lover!! What a great feelin'.

BuddyC

Studs Ramrod said:
How come noone is mentioning the brief appearance of "i love bees.com" within the trailer at the end? What the fuck does it mean?! I'm flippin' here!! This is super-bugged!! But, enjoying every minute - this is what it means to be a videogame lover!! What a great feelin'.
sad.gif

GhaleonEB

Studs Ramrod said:

I'll bee nice here: The countdown ends on August 24th.

----

Banned
DopeyFish said:
demo? or media blowout? demo? or media blowout? DAMNIt!

The fact that OXM and EGM are both touting big preview content for August 24th pretty much tells you it's gonna be a media blowout.

GhaleonEB

---- said:
The fact that OXM and EGM are both touting big preview content for August 24th pretty much tells you it's gonna be a media blowout.

On a related note, does anyone know when X04 is? It was in September the last two years, but August 24th might be close enough. Has Microsoft announced that yet?

----

Banned
Just to torment BOE more this was found...

This was disovered recently and gives more credability to the theory of a demo being released with the next OXM.

Rearrange the letters in:

HALT - MODULE CORE HEMORRHAGE
SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX.
STRONG INTRUSIVE INCLINATION.
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL :

And you get:

INDEX THIS IRONCLAD PREDICTION : HALO TWO SINGLE PLAYER DEMO CD-ROM DISK INCURSION AT AUGUST TWENTY FOUR. EARTH WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

I did a quick check and it seems like letter for letter that works.

BuddyC

INDEX THIS IRONCLAD PREDICTION : HALO TWO SINGLE PLAYER DEMO CD-ROM DISK INCURSION AT AUGUST TWENTY FOUR. EARTH WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

...interesting.

definately won't be a downloadable demo.

OXM uses DVDs, not CDs, so if you follow this theory through, it would be a specialized CD-ROM demo disc distributed through a variety of means.

Top Bottom