• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

halo 2 august 24th??? WTF???

BeOnEdge

Banned
holy shit!!!! its real!!! the letters add up!!!

a7
b1
c4
d6
e12
f1
g2
h4
i10
j0
k1
l6
m3
n6
o8
p2
q0
r8
s6
t9
u4
v1
w3
x1
y2
z0

Ranger X

This whole thing is the single best marketing attemp of the freakin universe.
Congrats Bungie and Micro. I'm seriously amazed!

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
Wyzdom said:
This whole thing is the single best marketing attemp of the freakin universe.
Congrats Bungie and Micro. I'm seriously amazed!

Right now it's pretty shitty but if they expand like they did with the 'AI' game ( more than 20/30 fake websites, live event, .... ) that could be interesting.

SyNapSe

If it we're a demo they would package it with a game such as Fable. It would increase sales by a ton. I'm sure it's a media blowout, especially with both magazines saying 8/24 they are having huge exclusives.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
In the AI game, live events were orginized by the most loyal participants. I don't think game-makers had anything to do with it (could be wrong, though)

I wonder how to hell someone broke through those secret messages (probably made some software that did it), but that's exactly the level of unexpected difficulty, that makes sense at the end, that I was talking about in my previous post.

BuddyChrist83 said:
sad.gif

ITS ABOUT TIME BUDDYC.

Found this at the penny arcade forums and decided to bring it here. Sounds interesting, though I'm not sure how it works exactly.

The subject is not given as a statement or speculation of such a demo. It is part of one possible full anagram solution I found to the capped letters in the countdown on ilovebees.com. For what it's worth, here is the solution, all letters and punctuation (again, one of possibly many) :
HALT - MODULE CORE HEMORRHAGE
SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX.
STRONG INTRUSIVE INCLINATION.
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL :
You can get :
INDEX THIS IRONCLAD PREDICTION : HALO TWO SINGLE PLAYER DEMO CD-ROM DISK INCURSION AT AUGUST TWENTY FOUR. EARTH WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

General rule of this game: Completely ignore the Bungie forums. They're full of bullsit and retarded and they don't even know.

INDEX THIS IRONCLAD PREDICTION : HALO TWO SINGLE PLAYER DEMO CD-ROM DISK INCURSION AT AUGUST TWENTY FOUR. EARTH WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

MD, I know you're quick to discredit this theory, and I agree that the Bungie forums are full of, well, retards, but this anagram does work. Also, until we see someone from Bungie say that this false.. well we can't just go ahead and call it bullshit. I think it's pretty much safe to say that anyone who is a Halo fan knows about www.ilovebees.com now..

I don't know if SPDR = Single Player Demo Release.. but that acronym fits, too. So, as I said, until we get a confirmation from Bungie that this is false.. why discredit it so quickly?

Anyway, maybe the 3 days have to deal with when the demo CD will go gold, when the gold CD (I'm sure the demo could fit on a CD, BTW) is then massproduced.. and on Aug. 24 it is released. It could work, who knows?

Top Bottom