• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Halo 2 confirmed for 24 august" (sais xblgamers)

eso76

I received something in my email today, but since it was a spamming joke you're probably not interested.
Well, so...what now ? go out, enjoy, have sex !

KarishBHR

"Yes, this is a joke. If you think Halo 2 is coming out before 11/9, you're a complete and total moron. "

It says that at the bottom of the page... WOW!!!

eso76

-__________-

evil spamming ways...

sh1t, i didn't scroll down, but hey i just woke up

ahem, mods, plese lock this thread, crush it, kill it.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Obviously this is a joke.

"We really wanted to get a jump on everyone. Rather than competing directly with GTA:SA, GT4, and MGS3, we're launching H2 ASAP! 8/24! XBX will rule this Q4 with H2 launching before any of the PS2's big name titles."

They do not mention Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2 and Pikmin 2.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I was once in charge of otllive.com, then there was a coup they banned me and they changed the name to xblgamers.. and this is the end result :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
See, jokes of this sort can occasionally work...but when a game is being pushed so heavily for one specific date, how could you possibly expect ANYONE to believe such a thing?

Solid

dark10x said:
See, jokes of this sort can occasionally work...but when a game is being pushed so heavily for one specific date, how could you possibly expect ANYONE to believe such a thing?
Indeed.

MS has pushed November 9th so hard probably every gamer knows what will happen on that date. There is and was no way in hell they were gonna release the game earlier. I had my hopes for a demo or something though, like a teaser.

eso76

dark10x said:

True, i never believed this early launch rumors myself but apparently jokes like this work because people really *want* to believe.
I was just surprised some website was sending out emails saying it was confirmed, but now, please, let this thread die, i'm ashamed of it, it was all my fault : \

Top Bottom