• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

halo 2 pics... frothing demand increases

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
MidshipSomebodySetUsUpTheBo.jpg

worksbansheedogfight.jpg

worksscorpionvsbansheeXboar.jpg

ZanzibarEliteJump2.jpg

LockoutHallwaybattle.jpg

MidshipChiefXBruteshot.jpg

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
damnit.

2 months, only 2 months.....

GhaleonEB

Holy crap - the Banshee doing the barrel-roll and MC hopping out of the tank are too cool for words. Love the new trails the Banshee makes.

Looks like another batch of early, leaked pics from the media. I"m happy. :D

op_ivy

i love the generous spurts of blood from that downed covie in the zanzibar pic :D

op_ivy

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, I just noticed that. It's a detail that was added since E3.

hmm, i'm not so sure about that... in one of the mlg loooong znzibar builds (same as e3, no?) the blood looks basically the same when a MC taks a few shotgun shells at close range...

GhaleonEB

op_ivy said:
hmm, i'm not so sure about that... in one of the mlg loooong znzibar builds (same as e3, no?) the blood looks basically the same when a MC taks a few shotgun shells at close range...

Hmmmm, I saw the 20 minute version but never saw the Elite blood. Also, the demo that Bungie did at their E3 conference, with just two guys running around, had a nice closeup of an Elite getting gunned down with an SMG and a Needler - and there was no blood.

Either way, it looks cool now. :D

The way the MC is standing on the tank is really cool - his feet and posture conform perfectly to the irregular surface. Amazing attention to detail.

Kon Tiki

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Um, that's the Brute Shot, not the flamethrower. It fires multiple explosive slugs, and has a long blade on the end.

Not. The. Flamethrower.

Sorry, the lack of creativity threw me off.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Damn, these are new? I saw them in Edge sometime last week. Can't believe I missed my opportunity to hype them up and then tell you all I have neither a scanner, a digital camera, or even the magazine.

Does anyone else think Zanzibar looks a bit more overcast now? Or perhaps even that it's set towards dusk time. Maybe it's just the screen, but I hope that's the case, looks nice.

shpankey

not an idiot
Damn, my friends and I are going to just be in gaming heaven come November... this is why I play games, for game like Halo 2. It's why I am addicted to this shit. Damn... the wait is brutal though heh.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
It's cool how you can see the elite's hands holding the weapons. Are you going to be able to jump higher and have a weaker shield as a tradeoff or something? Even if they're just using them for skin variety, it looks damn cool. Definately better than a bunch of Master Chiefs killing each other.

GhaleonEB

Mooreberg said:
It's cool how you can see the elite's hands holding the weapons. Are you going to be able to jump higher and have a weaker shield as a tradeoff or something? Even if they're just using them for skin variety, it looks damn cool. Definately better than a bunch of Master Chiefs killing each other.

At E3, they were the same as the MC in all but appearance, though their HUD was different (it was purple).

FightyF

Banned
16 players, each with their full screens...my house is going to be packed!

Has anyone played System Link wirelessly? I figure that's the only way I can do this since I don't have cables long enough to go through 3 floors of the house.

GhaleonEB

Cimarron said:
how many people are supposed to be able to play this puppy on Live?

Bungie's line as of late has been, "At least 16."

I don't think we'll know the final until a few more weeks.

GhaleonEB said:
Bungie's line as of late has been, "At least 16."

I don't think we'll know the final until a few more weeks.

I'm pretty sure that it is a max of 16 players. Due to this line in the FAQ:

Yes, Halo 2 will support all major features of Xbox Live including online multiplayer modes for up to 16 players.

Images of the game lobby UI which looks to only hold about 16 player names on the list to the right and comments from Bungie concerning how maps only play optimally with certain ranges of players and increasing the range of players possible would require more testing/balancing/design/whatnot then they have time for... I'll see if I can dig up where that was.

Top Bottom