• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Infinity Challenge, powered by Virgin Gaming, Doritos, Mountain Dew and Ford

Overdoziz

Banned
jiSXhalaFO1ct.png
The Halo 4 Infinity Challenge on Xbox LIVE brings gamers the biggest and most accessible Halo tournament in the world! This free-to-enter tournament will track your personal score in War Games and the number of Spartan Ops chapters you complete on global leaderboards, giving all players regardless of preferences or skill level a shot at more than 2,800 prizes. The Doritos® War Games leaderboard winner will walk away with a UNSC-themed, 2013 V8-powered Ford® F-150 SVT Raptor truck, or an alternate prize of $25,000. The Mountain Dew® Spartan Ops leaderboard winner will secure an appearance in a future Halo game.

During the Qualifier phase (December 17, 2012, at 12:00 AM EST to January 10, 2013, at 11:59:59 PM EST), competitors will climb the ranks by competing in either the Mountain Dew® Spartan Ops or Doritos® War Games leaderboards. The Qualifier phase will result in three tiers of players: Tier 1: the top 10% of players competing; Tier 2: the next 11%-40% of players competing; and Tier 3: the last 60% of players competing.

The Finals phase will start on January 12 and end on January 19. During the Finals phase, the leaderboards will be reset and prizes will be awarded to the top performers in each tier. While terrific prizes are available within all three tiers, the grand prizes will be offered exclusively to those who have battled their way to Tier 1.

Players can also participate in Ford® Weekly Challenges found at www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/challenges for a chance to win more great prizes.

This week’s featured playlist is Virgin Gaming® Infinity Slayer, which mixes the standard Slayer experience of past Halo titles with a variety of new features. Players who use teamwork to win their matches will likely win faster and have a higher average score than those who don’t, so I’d recommend searching with friends or using a mic to communicate whenever possible. Virgin Gaming® Infinity Slayer will allow party sizes of up to four players this week. Also, be sure to go for all the bonus points you can, including assists, distractions, multikills, sprees, and more.

The regular Infinity Slayer playlist has been replaced by the Infinity Challenge playlist this week. The settings have not changed, but you’ll now be competing against one another for the top spot on the Doritos® War Games leaderboard. Note that you do not have to participate in the Infinity Challenge in order to play in the Virgin Gaming® Infinity Slayer playlist.

To check out the Doritos® War Games leaderboard, click here.
To check out the Mountain Dew® Spartan Ops leaderboard, click here.
To check out the Ford® Weekly Challenge list, head here.

Click here for the full story.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I love Dewing the Infinity Challenge while munching on Doritos so I can win my Virgin Ford truck. Thanks to 343 InDewstries for putting the ad in the game I paid full price for.

Yeah I got an email about this on the 6th. Clicked the link, rolled my eyes, and closed the tab.

The only good thing about all of this marketing was that game fuel came back (which I can't find anymore of around here :sadface).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Halo 4 is a weird game.

All of the corporate® marketing surrounding the game has really turned me off to it. I was never a Halo super fan anyway, but the whole thing just feels kind of gross.

"Free tournament and free prizes sponsored by companies for people who would be playing Halo 4 anyway."

Ewwww, this game is gross. I never buy anything if it has corporate sponsorships.

border

I thought the huge list of sponsors was just a joke, and I would come in to see that it's only branded by Mountain Dew......but nope, 4 corporate sponsors!

What is Virgin Gaming, anyway? (And is there a way to ask that question without it being an obvious set up for a joke?)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
But nobody plays Halo 4 because they tried to make it Call of Halo.

Just found out from reading the full rules, that I'm not eligible for prizes in Connecticut. Few other states as well, so definitely check it out first before you bother.

Eligibilty:
ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the following restrictions, the Tournament is open to everyone (excluding residents of AZ, CT, MD, TN, VT, QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW) who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (19 in AL, 18 in all other U.S. states) ("Age of Majority") before the start of the Tournament. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor, Microsoft Corporation, Ford, Lions Gate Entertainment and their advertising, media buying and promotional agencies, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary entities and the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling, child) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to participate in the Tournament. Virgin Gaming-sponsored players are eligible to participate in the Tournament and do not receive any special privileges as they relate to the Tournament. Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity, date of birth and/or eligibility to participate in the Tournament. Failure to provide such proof if requested shall result in disqualification. The Tournament is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is VOID IN AZ, CT, MD, TN, VT, and QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Odds are pretty good, considering how low the population is getting.

Are the numbers really dropping that much already? I knew they were a little lower than past Halo games, but just how low are they getting?

GloveSlap

I wish they would have just given you one entry for every Infinity Challenge game you complete. You would have to have multiple people playing on one account for 24 hours a day for the next week to have any chance at all. Lame.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Quit whining, now I have more challenges to get XP from to unlock all that sexy armor and boost in playlists for.

ultron87

Does anyone know how this stuff all appears in-game? Looking at their website the playlist is listed as "Infinity Challenge Slayer" (And not "Infinity Challenge Slayer Dew Edition" or whatever) and then there is a tiny picture that shows "Powered by Virgin". If that's all it is (or less) in game that seems fine to me.

If they were plastering advertisements over all the multiplayer menus and whatnot it would be pretty gross.

LosDaddie

Banned
I...I don't see how this is a bad thing. I won't play nearly enough to win anything, but I think it's cool to have prized to potentially win if I could.

Is this where we get mad that a game is doing cross promotion?

Why are you not seething with RAGE right now?

Are the numbers really dropping that much already? I knew they were a little lower than past Halo games, but just how low are they getting?

Halo 4 is still the #2 game on XBL. That's exactly where it's expected to be. CoD is king on X360 (and PS3).

Top Bottom