• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: Advanced Warfare Doritos & Mt. Dew in-game Gear!

fedexpeon

Banned
i guess COD and doritos and mountain dew are all synonymous with each other?

ibmm9EPNyHz0TI.png

Dang, those logos fit so perfectly into the war-economy storyline.

What the fuck ever happened to eating vegetables and fruit?

I was sucked into Halo 4 Dewritos 2012, and all it got me were a series of maladies and a mediocre Halo game.

Went vegan and stopped playing Halo 4 in February of this year, lost 50 lbs. since then and I'm much happier.

Jobbs

Banned
This reads like a little bit too on-the-nose satire. Gaming has jumped the shark.

This is what I'm getting out of this. I know they're being cute and making a joke while also doing real advertising.

I don't think it's cute, though.

As gamers have come to expect year after year, Mountain Dew is bringing back tried and true gamer-favorite - Mtn Dew Game Fuel Citrus Cherry - and a bold new flavor – Mtn Dew Game Fuel Lemonade - for a limited time only. Both products will hit shelves in the U.S., beginning October 6.

Ok which gamers actually liked this shit?

Evenflow

Are there actually people out there who are excited for this? I don't mean potential xp boosts. Are dew and dorritos really that popular among us gamers?

I'm always baffled, on how much money these companies spend for those deals, while everybody just laughs about it today.

But obviously there must be a market for it.

Ps: who eats dorritos while gaming? What a mess on your controller.
Well honestly the target market for this and the game is teenage boys and when I say teenage I mean like 13-17 honestly, if not lower, don't let the M rating confuse you.

That being said this is hilarious.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
you know doritos are ok but how can people like mountain dew that shit is nasty.

I don't hate Mountain Dew, but it's practically fizzy cordial, so it's hardly something that interests me enough to buy it. Doritos are okay but Australia needs more flavours already -- it's a sad state of affairs when the most palatable offering is Original.

Takashi

Lolwut. I was expecting a joke article.

Also, you'd think they would've made Doritos-flavored Mountain Dew by now.

Now I realize why I never could become a core gamer - or a pro gamer if you want. Up until now I never got the ultimate fuel to drive my carbon based lifeform machine to the ultimate limit in gaming, the final frontier that divides mankind in those who are still bound to earth and its limited possibilities and the next, ethereal dimension with unlimited mountains of dews.

Give it to me, now! Let me become a superpower of superpowers, let me face all perils and overcome them. Then, fear is only a mindkiller, but mountain dew and doritos are the n00b killers.

Must be satire - or satirical reality.

Don't know.

But water full of sugar, fat stained corn chips and a semper fi ego shooter - sounds like a well known western cultural alignment.

BBboy20

I am just dumbfounded they wasted so many words and paragraphs on the multimillion dollar equivalence of back ally prostitution.

You can probably answer the question of life in a way shorter essay then this.

ukpanik

Banned
Fuel up boys, you're going in.
51st (stone) airborne division. They parachute in on top of the enemy, squashing them.

Zomba13

Sad to see this is still a thing.

I drank Mountain Dew once. It was disgusting. And it gave me a horrible rash the next day. I cannot fathom how some people can drink that stuff. At all.

As someone in the UK my exposure to Mountain Dew has been super limited. I've only ever had one can that I bought from an American candy store in Cardiff for a silly price (along with a twinkie) and it really wasn't good (same with the twinkie).

Doritos though are great. Chilli flavour all day every day.

Really does read like satire or something. CoD, dew and doritos. All it needs is a kid on XBL yelling slurs and homophobic remarks to make it the most gaming thing ever.

tmespe

To bad it's for US only. I want to live stream a 14 day marathon COD session living only of Doritios and Mountain Dew, and thus become the ultra ultimate g4m3r.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
why does it always have to be this crap?

gaming will never shake the fat loser living in their parents basement stereotype.

Top Bottom