• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: Advanced Warfare Doritos & Mt. Dew in-game Gear!

rrs

Plain Mountain Dew is awful, drink code red or voltage. Also this PR is just comical, kinda like the AAA game industry

Lijik

Didnt one of the Halos have a companion iOS app you needed codes from doritos to play or something? I mean this doesnt even have an app, get with the times activision!

Sweet Ivy

The plan could be that if your gamers base gets sick they'll spend more time home playing COD.
By and by, I'm surprised by the average American survivability with all the shit that's super-popular.

Mountain Dew
Sugar (replaced by High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in much of the United States)
Concentrated orange juice
Citric acid
Natural flavors
Sodium benzoate (preserves freshness)
Caffeine (54 mg per 12 US fluid ounces (350 ml)
Sodium citrate
Erythorbic acid (preserves freshness)
Gum arabic
Calcium disodium EDTA (label claims "to protect flavor" however its purpose more accurately stated is to prevent benzene formation by chelating the metal ions present in water that can act as catalysts in the reaction between sodium benzoate and erythorbic acid)
Brominated vegetable oil

Edit: doritos don't fare better.

SeanTSC

The plan could be that if your gamers base gets sick they'll spend more time home playing COD.
By and by, I'm surprised by the average American survivability with all the shit that's super-popular.

"Real sugar" soda pop really isn't too bad. It's much harder to just chug down a ton of it and it makes you feel "full" really fast. American soda pop that uses HFCS is pretty much pure evil though. Not only is that shit infinitely worse for you, but you can pretty much drink it endlessly and you never get the "full" feeling that you get with drinks that use real sugar.

It's some pretty fucked up shit and has no business existing, but people drink insane amounts of it. I've had really horrible addiction problems with it and I used to easily drink a 12 pack a day, sometimes more. I also lost a mass amount of weight really fast when I decided to I had to get healthy and stopped drinking it. Sadly I ended up falling off the wagon and started again and gained a lot back and I'm trying to stop again and it's really fucking hard.

Heh, I also just recently had a really scary conversation with my Physical Therapist about how much some of the people there drink and it's even more than I did.

What I wouldn't give for some gamer fuel to come out along side Destiny. If dew wants to pay for bungie to create an armor set and give away the codes with a purchase, more power to them. I don't need to wear it.

Sweet Ivy

"Real sugar" soda pop really isn't too bad. It's much harder to just chug down a ton of it and it makes you feel "full" really fast. American soda pop that uses HFCS is pretty much pure evil though. Not only is that shit infinitely worse for you, but you can pretty much drink it endlessly and you never get the "full" feeling that you get with drinks that use real sugar.

It's some pretty fucked up shit and has no business existing, but people drink insane amounts of it. I've had really horrible addiction problems with it and I used to easily drink a 12 pack a day, sometimes more. I also lost a mass amount of weight really fast when I decided to I had to get healthy and stopped drinking it. Sadly I ended up falling off the wagon and started again and gained a lot back and I'm trying to stop again and it's really fucking hard.

Heh, I also just recently had a really scary conversation with my Physical Therapist about how much some of the people there drink and it's even more than I did.
Sorry to read that, I hope you can find your way back to healthy-living asap.
Makes a huge difference living well.

I know what you mean, if people realized the shit that aspartame can do to their bodies (diet sodas in general)... But unfortunately we all know why junk food is called that, and yet...!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I've had really horrible addiction problems with it and I used to easily drink a 12 pack a day, sometimes more. I also lost a mass amount of weight really fast when I decided to I had to get healthy and stopped drinking it. Sadly I ended up falling off the wagon and started again and gained a lot back and I'm trying to stop again and it's really fucking hard.

I drank lots of cans of Pepsi and Coca-Cola when I had a gruelling desk job a few years ago. A combination of inactivity and high-sugar drinks is never good. Over the 18 months I worked there I went from around 200lbs (90Kg) to 285lbs (130Kg) and got the bonus plan of a pulmonary embolism to go with it.

Since then I've drank 1-2 gallons (4-8 litres) of water a day and have cut out all sodas entirely - unless they come free with a meal (and that's like once every few months). But still, after all the years that have passed, I will still get a hard-to-shake craving for Coca-Cola when I'm feeling tired and thirsty.

I've yet to fall off the wagon and go back on a soda binge, but I am going back home to Scotland soon and I figure I'll get reacquainted with Irn-Bru rather quickly. :/

What the fuck ever happened to eating vegetables and fruit?
v4.jpg

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Are there actually people out there who are excited for this? I don't mean potential xp boosts. Are dew and dorritos really that popular among us gamers?

I'm always baffled, on how much money these companies spend for those deals, while everybody just laughs about it today.

But obviously there must be a market for it.

Ps: who eats dorritos while gaming? What a mess on your controller.

They'll probably move 700mm cans off this promo. You know they've been doing it every year since Xbox 360 launched because it works so well

I mean, I know it's ad copy, but man... That has got to be the most cringe-worthy ad copy I've ever read.

Although to be fair, it could use a few more "TMs," "Rs," and "Cs."

Where's that delicious Yellow-5? And I'd wager at least one of their concoctions must have Red-40.

Same reason that McDonalds and Coca-Cola sponsor the olympics. Nobody is going to spend hard cash urging people to eat fresh fruit. It ain't sexy enough.

And outside of Chicita, most fruit ain't so easily branded.

Stimpack

Why would you guys think that this is a joke? I mean, this isn't new. It's been happening for years, and it will continue to happen. I'm sure it's popular with a lot of kids.

Norns

You know it's possible to drink and eat things in moderation?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
As gamers have come to expect year after year, Mountain Dew is bringing back tried and true gamer-favorite - Mtn Dew Game Fuel Citrus Cherry - and a bold new flavor – Mtn Dew Game Fuel Lemonade - for a limited time only. Both products will hit shelves in the U.S., beginning October 6.
The only thing bolder than a lemonade flavor is a Call of Duty sequel.

Top Bottom