• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: Advanced Warfare Doritos & Mt. Dew in-game Gear!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ha ha brilliant! Almost thought this was real since it's so well done. We joke about Mountain Dew and Doritos all the time but this joke pretty much bests them all.

Ha ha, just imagine is this was real... a ha ha ha........................

I did not know Pepsi owned Doritos and Dew until reading this.

Thats... something. I guess it makes sense the same company owned those two.

Coke Cola is too classy for this "gamer" bullshit.

impirius

“The Dew and Doritos ‘Fuel Up for Battle’ promotion is a great example of PepsiCo’s strength in delivering an integrated food and beverage marketing campaign,” said Jeff Klein, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay. “Our unique ability to bring consumers exclusive experiences through our long-standing legacy of partnerships and programs around blockbuster video games, demonstrates why we are Better Together.”
I can't handle all this synergy

HUELEN10

Damn, and I was just listening to this on my playlist minutes ago!

Not gonna lie, as a Dew fan, I can't wait to see how the eventual Gamerfuel COD Dew turns out.

iEZbfyYXumYfd.gif

Valnen

Exactly. The soda contains hydrogenated oil or is it vegetable oil? Either way folks it says it on the label. Stop drinking this crap.

I bet you've never drank anything other than water in your entire life, right? No alcohol or anything? Ever?

Mountain Dew and Doritos, the ultimate fuel for gamers

I love Spicy Chilli Doritos (Mountain Dew tastes like rat piss), but they're horrible gaming food. They make your hands far too greasy to play with a controller. Aside from a horrible marketing gimmick and the assumption all gamers are fat and greasy, why the connection between the two aspects?

Cheech

This has to be a fucking joke right?

This is so american and dude bro it makes me sick. Does american GAF actually see this and go: Hells yes, this is exactly what gaming is about?

Only if you're 12 or so.

The rest of us roll our eyes and continue to invest in companies that specialize in bariatric and diabetes related products.

Call of Duty, DEW, and Doritos? "Poisoning your mind AND body!"

Ha ha brilliant! Almost thought this was real since it's so well done. We joke about Mountain Dew and Doritos all the time but this joke pretty much bests them all.

Ha ha, just imagine is this was real... a ha ha ha........................

My reaction exactly.

KJRS_1993

This is so american and dude bro it makes me sick. Does american GAF actually see this and go: Hells yes, this is exactly what gaming is about?

Is this racist? :(

I don't see the huuge deal about it to be honest.
Call of Duty has definitely offered bonus experience and I think custom player cards for people who buy Mountain Dew and Doritos loads of times in the past.
It's a little stereotypical sure, but whatever. I remember when you could get exclusive helmets in Mass Effect for buying Dr. Pepper.

Cheech

Is this racist? :(

I don't see the huuge deal about it to be honest.
Call of Duty has definitely offered bonus experience and I think custom player cards for people who buy Mountain Dew and Doritos loads of times in the past.
It's a little stereotypical sure, but whatever. I remember when you could get exclusive helmets in Mass Effect for buying Dr. Pepper.

The point is that it's combining videogames, a sedentary activity, with some of the worst food you can put in your body.

It's basically a celebration of gluttony and sloth. If they were co-marketing with Planter's Peanuts or something at least semi-healthy, nobody would care.

th4tguy

i guess COD and doritos and mountain dew are all synonymous with each other?

ibmm9EPNyHz0TI.png

I would seriously get that gear and wear it. You can't play cod seriously and still have fun, so why not embrace it for what it is and rock that Doritos/ Dew branding?

Actually, in all seriousness. Would people prefer over the top (comical)/ optional product placement in this game? Would it be better received if people could tell it was meant to be funny, not taken seriously?

HariKari

Actually, in all seriousness. Would people prefer rover the top/ optional product placement in this game? Would it be better received if people could tell it was meant to be funny, not taken seriously?

Marketers don't really care. It's about mindshare. Anywhere they can stuff an ad, they will, so long as it's relatively cost effective.

SerTapTap

Mtn Dew in particular is pretty ridiculous in general with marketing--I've got a gaming parody account and sometimes I just straight retweet Mountain Dew because what they sad is more ridiculous and absurd than any satire I could have made up.

Valnen

The point is that it's combining videogames, a sedentary activity, with some of the worst food you can put in your body.

It's basically a celebration of gluttony and sloth. If they were co-marketing with Planter's Peanuts or something at least semi-healthy, nobody would care.

Why do you care so much that the items in question aren't healthy?

chaosaeon

If there was ever any doubt about call of dewty, target audiences and the lowest common denominators, there you go. At least they're being honest having the nutritional quality as foods match the quality of the games. Waiting on north america's confederate flag gear unlock codes for next year's game.

Orayn

Tell us more about his you're so much better than all those disgusting Americans.

BokehKing

Banned
Why don't they ever partner with healthy food people?

They love that dude bro image

Team up with Poland Springs and Ritz Crackers

SeanTSC

I don't think that any reasonable adult American gamer actually buys into this shit. It's pretty silly to label it as "this is so American and dude bro," imo. It's probably mostly targeted at kids, which is pretty sick in its own right. Yay let's pump our children full of the poison that is HFCS!

SmokyDave

Can't really see the issue with this. People might not like it, but there are huge swathes of gamers that do treat this shit as 'gamer fuel' so these kind of promotions make perfect sense for all involved.

I wish Pot Noodle and Stella Artois would sponsor Drive Club.

Why don't they ever partner with healthy food people?
Same reason that McDonalds and Coca-Cola sponsor the olympics. Nobody is going to spend hard cash urging people to eat fresh fruit. It ain't sexy enough.

Top Bottom