• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

S1kkZ

also a big reason why ep 3 is so good: no prometheans.
while i like them, i think they dont work in spartan-ops/in big numbers.

Just curious, when I checked earlier there were only two challenges related to Spartan Ops this week instead of the usual six. Now that the episode is actually live have they added more or are there really only two this week?

Slowly getting the hand of dominion but quick and silly question: When an enemy team CAPTURES AND FORTIFIES a BASE can you get it back? In some games the game annoucer made it seem like you couldn't.

JB1981

Slowly getting the hand of dominion but quick and silly question: When an enemy team CAPTURES AND FORTIFIES a BASE can you get it back? In some games the game annoucer made it seem like you couldn't.

yes you can retake a fortified base. tip: melee the shields, takes them down faster.

Yes. You can also break down the hologram barriers by shooting/ meleing them. Run in and Recap!

Spiders

I just played a really laggy game of Spartan Ops where about halfway through all of the covenant models dissapeared. Only their guns where left, but they where still moving around and firing.

I got killed twice by a floating storm rifle, and the last enemy left was a very angry carbine that took forever to kill.

Funniest thing I've seen in a while!

Falagard

I just played a really laggy game of Spartan Ops where about halfway through all of the covenant models dissapeared. Only their guns where left, but they where still moving around and firing.

I got killed twice by a floating storm rifle, and the last enemy left was a very angry carbine that took forever to kill.

That'd be like fighting against the mops in the Fantasia movie haha.

GhaleonEB

Save a clip and upload it to Waypoint for render...nevermind.

I think Episode 3 is the most fun I've had so far in Spartan Ops.
By far!!! Best...episode...yet! I just finished the 4th chapter and oh man!
Killing wraiths and elites while hunters are firing at you! I was like, how many freaking enemies are on the screen right now! The only way to top that is a pelican. That was great!

Stat!

Is anyone up for some co-op Spartan Ops on legendary? I haven't finished the episodes on the second chapter (3 left) and all of the third chapter. I'm up for any and all of it

GhaleonEB

I realized typing that out that we have three discrete gaps in functionality: Theater, Waypoint, and video rendering. And only one of them are known to be incoming at some point (file sharing). Halo 4 really stripped out a lot of what made being in its community so fun.

:( indeed.

The Halo threads have gone mostly quiet...everyone must be playing through Episode 3!

I'm on my lunch break, I can only do so much!

Spiders

Really enjoyed episode 3.

Chapter 4 was fucking awesome, and chapter 1 was great too.

Really looking forward to the next episode now.

Just finished Episode 3 solo Legendary and yeah, that is the Spartan Ops I was waiting for. Lots of fun! I can tell that it would be even more fun with 3 other people. Especially chapter 4 as mentioned before.

derFeef

I know I am slow, but just finished mission Reclaimer. My favourite one so far, also really like the story this time, very well done.

ultron87

This game does some buggy stuff if you're switching between controllers (like swapping a profile from 1st player to 2nd player). I've had it default my controls and erase all my built loadouts several times.

Man you guys are creaming jeans about this new episode, I'm pretty pumped to play it tonight now. Why are you guys stressing playing with 4 people though, does it have to do with a game play segment? There aren't four player vehicles so not sure what would enhance the experience that much more. A buddy and I just knocked out the first two episodes and were planing on just doing this as a duo but if there's a reason 4 is that much better, we could look into matchmaking.

Danneee

Wow, just started this and the graphics are incredible at times (and average at others like the crash site...).

How is spartan ops when played alone?

Man you guys are creaming jeans about this new episode, I'm pretty pumped to play it tonight now. Why are you guys stressing playing with 4 people though, does it have to do with a game play segment? There aren't four player vehicles so not sure what would enhance the experience that much more. A buddy and I just knocked out the first two episodes and were planing on just doing this as a duo but if there's a reason 4 is that much better, we could look into matchmaking.
Nah, two of you should be good. There are just certain parts where they hand you a ton of stuff so why not take full advantage of it with 4 people.

Nah, two of you should be good. There are just certain parts where they hand you a ton of stuff so why not take full advantage of it with 4 people.

Ahh, well we'll just have to hog everything then :D Trying to imagine what makes this one so much better, must just be an epic vehicle portion. Mantis hooooooooo

Tunavi

Banned
I realized typing that out that we have three discrete gaps in functionality: Theater, Waypoint, and video rendering. And only one of them are known to be incoming at some point (file sharing). Halo 4 really stripped out a lot of what made being in its community so fun.

:( indeed.
I just want some halo 4 HD screenshots for my wallpaper folder

Any interesting playlist changes this week? I'm half expecting to see Mantis spawns in Vortex or something.

How is spartan ops when played alone?
Most are doable but intense, a few are crazy difficult and obviously designed only with co-op in mind. Expect to die unless you are very patient and quick to react - and once you die once the spawn system may turn that one death into half a dozen easily.

JB1981

They should really adjust the MP menu so that all the playlists are viewable without having to scroll down the menu. SWAT is completely hidden from view. Also, SWAT sucks. I don't understand how people who enjoy Halo gameplay could be into that.

It's pretty sad that I still haven't played Meltdown a single time because of the stupid voting system... I actually got it to come up once where Ragnarok wasn't an option so I thought I'd have a chance, it was the leftmost option and tied until the last second with Exile and then BAM, two more votes for Exile :( Looks like I'll have to have a large party if I ever want to try it.

derFeef

Most are doable but intense, a few are crazy difficult and obviously designed only with co-op in mind. Expect to die unless you are very patient and quick to react - and once you die once the spawn system may turn that one death into half a dozen easily.

Does not sound good for derFeef :(

They should really adjust the MP menu so that all the playlists are viewable without having to scroll down the menu. SWAT is completely hidden from view. Also, SWAT sucks. I don't understand how people who enjoy Halo gameplay could be into that.
Really? Everyone should enjoy the same aspects of the game as you? SWAT was a godsend in Reach when broken AA's and grenades were a huge issue. It's a game of speed and reflexes, a game of skill with no other variables muddying the water. Not for everybody but it sure as heck has it's place.
Has the Mantis been taken out of all maps yet?

Why would it be? They are balanced on the two maps I've seen them on, not hard to take out. The one vehicle I don't feel belongs in MP as fun as it is to use, is the Gauss Hog. That thing kills too much, too fast. A team gets the Gauss and Scorpion on the same map? Good bye rival team.

Top Bottom