• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

I haven't indulged in too much information regarding Halo 4. I'm gonna keep it that way until I have the game, but I have one question, did they find a way to balance Promethean Vision? When they showed it off it looked like there was no reason to choose any other sort of perk.

When someone uses Promethean Vision, you can see it as a red circle on your motion tracker.

Also, it's been nerfed.

ShinAmano

6 Days is too long.

Also the line in Spartan Ops was great:
Those freaks believe this is home to one of thier gods, if they want to meet god it is our duty to help them along.

U2NUMB

Great OP.. well done to all involved.

Something just popped into my mind and I have yet to hear anything on this. Are we getting daily / weekly challenges this time around? I Really enjoyed those as mini achievements and it brought be back to Reach months later.

7he Talon

Looks like Halo.

Sorry. It's infectious

Plays like Halo!

Whoop whoop!
Apart from the whole perks, killcams, custom loads outs and ordinance (point bonuses) and all the rest of the CoD like things. As long as it still plays like Halo and feels like a standalone product and not some rip off... I'll be happy.

To be fair this is a fairly substantial add-on; with any other console game I can think of they would have charged money for this.

its not fair when it available to everyone else. this isn't multiplayer. As a campaign experience and an ambitious one at that silver members should be able to play.

I'm finally getting hyped for this. But I'm still cautious despite the game looking great because H2 looked great and it ended up kind of sucky.

Sabotage

Spartan Ops....
300spartancharge2.gif

EvB

Apart from the whole perks, killcams, custom loads outs and ordinance (point bonuses) and all the rest of the CoD like things. As long as it still plays like Halo and feels like a standalone product and not some rip off... I'll be happy.

It plays like Halo. That's all you need to know. I

Ordnance is specific to one game type. And is actually quite fun.

The Perks will actually let you customise your Spartan to your own gameplay style, and they don't give you an unfair advantage because everyone can have them.
I think they've death with then in a very clever way, by creating those classes, so you can never pair up certain evil combinations of perks.

Nirvana

I'm finally getting hyped for this. But I'm still cautious despite the game looking great because H2 looked great and it ended up kind of sucky.

Gotta disagree with that, Halo 2 was easily my favourite of the franchise; I understand that's not really the general view though.

Hoping Halo 4 follows the strong story telling of Halo CE and 2 and also has a good last level with plenty of large scale battles and a satisfying final cutscene. The Maw was the last good final level in the Halo franchise, despite parts of The Great Journey being entertaining and some of Reach's battles being ok; Halo 3's absolutely blew. I guess the Warthog part was okay...

Who's go the best pre-order bonus?

Any idea where I can get the limited edition? The LE's never sold out before so I didn't pre order this time. Looks like that was a mistake.

I keep hearing campaign co-op is taken out. Can anybody confirm it's in there, and it's online?

MrDaravon

lol but it can be played by yourself. I'm fine just think it is wrong since 343 spent a lot of time on something that a good portion of people will miss out on.

Exactly; this was obviously a significant time and money investment for them, and it goes completely beyond the regular Campaign and Multiplayer. There should be zero sense of entitlement to these, and offering a full season of them completely for free provided you have Gold is already way more than probably any other console publisher would do.

Who's go the best pre-order bonus?

Any idea where I can get the limited edition? The LE's never sold out before so I didn't pre order this time. Looks like that was a mistake.

I keep hearing campaign co-op is taken out. Can anybody confirm it's in there, and it's online?

Yes, there is still campaign co-op.

Top Bottom