• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

nillapuddin

Well when X1 comes out: Xbox One, Cable Box, Wii, Xbox 360 (as a DVD Player at least, and Halo 4 at launch).

Oh, so your issue would be swapping HDMI to the X1 between the 360 and the Cable Box

yeah that is a legitimate criticism,
however, none of my houses I regularly visit carry cable boxes anymore, everything is hulu and netflix via laptop/xbox 360/apple tv/roku/etc

When's the next patch coming out that adds descoping and removes perks and sprint and AA's?
When are they going to release a map pack with good arena maps?

They arent going to actually fix Halo. They are just patching stuff thats easy to prove they continue to "support" their products after release. Its a facade of shit n piss.

Sustain team my dick. Game blows.

nillapuddin

obviously the X1 might be a little too "into the future" for some folks, but I gotta say, they definitely have a vision for 5 years out on this box, whether it works or not is to be seen, but I respect them sticking to their guns

tbh
family game sharing = day one purchase.

Oh, so your issue would be swapping HDMI to the X1 between the 360 and the Cable Box

however, none of my houses I regularly visit carry cable boxes anymore, everything is hulu and netflix via laptop/xbox 360/apple tv/roku/etc
Yeah that would be nice to be able to plug both of those in at the same time.

Garret, why would you want the 360 as a DVD player though? You could just use the X1 for that.

Fuchsdh

Precisely. In these contexts the Xbox definitely fits the bill. The problem I see with that is it leaves out live TV watchers (so basically sports and people who want to watch event television when it happens), and it's pretty damn expensive when you can get an AppleTV to do it for 1/5th of the cost. The 360 offers disc playback, which is good, but it still doesn't cover the cost, and for those people the value added by the Kinect is pretty irrelevant. The Xbox One seems like a fantastic media device that is unfortunately hobbled (at least in the US) by the reality of how cable television is a crappy business and if you're in a certain market segment you really can't escape having it (which means one more box, etc.)

Also, the fact that the One doesn't seem to do much in regards to timeshifting is really weird.

Garret, why would you want the 360 as a DVD player though? You could just use the X1 for that.

Oh I totally forgot BluRay players can play DVDs.
So you're right, I wouldn't need that.

But it would have been nice if Xbox One had a couple more HDMI inputs for other consoles and/or whatever new products come out in the next 10 years.

John Wayne

Neo Member
So I found out when rocking to heavy rock, my skills in Halo 4 are really bad. Like bad. It's okay though, the music makes up for it.

Nebula

So I found out when rocking to heavy rock, my skills in Halo 4 are really bad. Like bad. It's okay though, the music makes up for it.

I find that Drum and Bass makes me play well, and there are times ambient or chillstep make me play at a slower pace, but that also seems to result in me playing well.

Shame I rarely play anymore. BTB still is broke as hell, and it's once again not been talked about by 343.

Caayn

Seems like the balacing update has had it best run, as the numbers are back down to the same level as they were before the update. It had a nice run of about 2 weeks.

I've quit long ago. Checked the update it was nice, for Halo 4, but I still missed the classic Halo feel and gameplay. Hoping that 343i can fix it with the next Halo, and listens to what we want instead of creating new and "fun" ways to play that aren't related to Halo in anyway.

"Heavy rock"? You're doing it wrong. Only heavy metal or Disney movie soundtracks are acceptable.

AFTER THE FALL
WE'LL SHAKE IT OFF
SHOW ME THE WAY

ohgodwhathaveidone

ONLY THE STROOONGEST WILLLLL SURVIVE
LEED ME TO HEEEEBUNWHENWERDYYYYEE
IBWUUNASTWONGUADUWUA
INEEDABWEABUSABUSAWLLLLLL

WAAANENEHBLAH

BLUH DOS TRES GOOOOOOO

WHY DID THEY SENNNND ME DAUGHTERS
WHEN I ASKED / FOR SONS

TCKaos

WHY DID THEY SENNNND ME DAUGHTERS
WHEN I ASKED / FOR SONS
WE MUST BE SWIFT AS THE COURSING RIVER
WITH ALL THE FORCE OF A GREAT TYPHOON
WITH ALL THE STRENGTH OF A RAGING FIRE
AS MYSTERIOUS AS
THE DARK SIDE OF
THE MOOOOOOOOOON

My siren's wail brings us victory. It is known.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That's awesome, V4 is gunna be cool!
Is Onyx going to be in matchmaking now?

I still think Pro should have radar in Infinity, my more casual friends prefer it and it's not that big of a deal with Team Throwdown existing.

Yes, Onyx is in v4. A little different from the one that went into the Forge Island Playlist. Spawns have changed, weapons/OS have moved. There's also 2 boxes to jump up from the front of each base and there's a mini tunnel from bottom mid to Car 2.

I'm hoping that Slayer Pro + Radar (Just call it Team Slayer please) can go into every applicable playlist. I would even give it its own playlist. 5v5 or something.

nillapuddin

Precisely. In these contexts the Xbox definitely fits the bill. The problem I see with that is it leaves out live TV watchers (so basically sports and people who want to watch event television when it happens), and it's pretty damn expensive when you can get an AppleTV to do it for 1/5th of the cost. The 360 offers disc playback, which is good, but it still doesn't cover the cost, and for those people the value added by the Kinect is pretty irrelevant. The Xbox One seems like a fantastic media device that is unfortunately hobbled (at least in the US) by the reality of how cable television is a crappy business and if you're in a certain market segment you really can't escape having it (which means one more box, etc.)

Also, the fact that the One doesn't seem to do much in regards to timeshifting is really weird.

Yeah, I will likely always have cable for NFL, and maybe a few shows on networks that dont support the media streaming services that well, but you're right, the necessity of a cable box and the costs that come with it, definitely skews the system.

Kinda how you said, my younger sibling is taking the 360 back home to college, so I just set up a plan to hook my mom up with an AppleTV, it has MLB, its 100 bucks, easy to use, Much better deal.

The Xbox one will serve as a great entertainment hub for gamers, you still game the way you would, plus all the things

like the guy said on pastebin, ~if you care even a little about anything else, get an Xbox~

thank god for MLB.TV (greatest app of the forevers)

TCKaos

Yes, Onyx is in v4. A little different from the one that went into the Forge Island Playlist. Spawns have changed, weapons/OS have moved. There's also 2 boxes to jump up from the front of each base and there's a mini tunnel from bottom mid to Car 2.

I'm hoping that Slayer Pro + Radar (Just call it Team Slayer please) can go into every applicable playlist. I would even give it its own playlist. 5v5 or something.

Almost as though it were a playlist for squads... that would then slay other such squads.

Curious.

Also I'm gettin' in to gametype modification for funsies. I have everything I need downloaded, I just have to start learning the syntax for the code. Time to remember any of my APCS class from high school.

Fuchsdh

WE MUST BE SWIFT AS THE COURSING RIVER
WITH ALL THE FORCE OF A GREAT TYPHOON
WITH ALL THE STRENGTH OF A RAGING FIRE
AS MYSTERIOUS AS
THE DARK SIDE OF
THE MOOOOOOOOOON

My siren's wail brings us victory. It is known.

For my friend's class presidency campaign back in high school we made a music video with us basically beating him up with rulers to the tune of that song. I think it's still online.

We were idiots in high school.

Purplemage

Neo Member
Out of curiosity, why is having a weapon like the Saw such a bad thing? Yes, it's a spray and pray gun, but it's also very much a power weapon. Being strong is what it should be. And there hasn't really been an assault rifle variant that was a power weapon up till this point.

I'm not defending it's current iteration but if it had half ammo or was a little harder to burst fire for accuracy couldn't it be better received? Also taking it out of ordinance and making it a rare on map pick up would alleviate my issues with it.

Out of curiosity, why is having a weapon like the Saw such a bad thing? Yes, it's a spray and pray gun, but it's also very much a power weapon. Being strong is what it should be. And there hasn't really been an assault rifle variant that was a power weapon up till this point.

I'm not defending it's current iteration but if it had half ammo or was a little harder to burst fire for accuracy couldn't it be better received? Also taking it out of ordinance and making it a rare on map pick up would alleviate my issues with it.
The same reason people have a problem with the buffed automatics, it's too powerful for how easy it is to use.

Booshka

If it was a weapon that had to be fought over through map control and teamwork, then it wouldn't be so bad. It should also take a little more skill to use, maybe some recoil and being able to burst it a little for better ranged damage, could help it as a weapon in the sandbox.

Random personal ordnance breaks everything, and the SAW is just another example of having a power weapon gifted to you because you got a better dice roll and earned some points.

FyreWulff

I dislike the SAW because it's such a generic 'real world' weapon.

In Halo 1, even the 'real' guns like the pistol, AR, and Sniper Rifle were science-fictiony. The first two don't even have usuable sights with today's technology and the Sniper rifle is nonsensical.

Seeing a Counterstrike weapon in Halo is like 'why'. I'll give 343 something, the Halo 2 / 3 BR was very generic and the 4 one looks properly sci-fi and fits in the world of Halo. But for a series with a lot of creative weapons, a SAW just feels like "Call of Duty and Battlefield have one, let's have one too!"

And really, it goes against the probably not too consistent idea that power weapons in Halo tend to be single or slow shot weapons, not full autos.

Saws dumb they already have removable turret chainguns. Pretty much same type of bullet hose style gun.

SAW is OP, too easy to use, too much ammo so it can last too long.

Again though it fits in with Halo 4 and the lessened focus on health and shields.

Wassup with the Fuel Rod Cannon, things way OP. One blast and they are dead and a clips got like 5 shots or something.

FyreWulff

Saws dumb they already have removable turret chainguns. Pretty much same type of bullet hose style gun.

SAW is OP, too easy to use, too much ammo so it can last too long.

Again though it fits in with Halo 4 and the lessened focus on health and shields.

Wassup with the Fuel Rod Cannon, things way OP. One blast and they are dead and a clips got like 5 shots or something.

I really wish they'd add an option to disable ripping out turrets. It was like okay that's neat in Halo 3, but it'd be nice if you could actually account for fixed turrets in maps. Even if you put them in a spot that doesn't make them broken, someone can just take them to a spot that does, so you just avoid forging them into a map.

Really, just remove the feature completely, the turret is the only third person weapon left I think

Striker

We played CTF Meltdown earlier and it spawned at least five times on each side. I know I got on three separate occasions, and others got the rest (including the initial spawn). It's overkill.

Now you add in loadout options like boltshot (that is still broken) and plasma nades (sprint and stick), and OP vehicles like the Mantis, it's all a big mess. Won't even talk about the awful PV and Camo AA's.

DeadNames

Banned
Me and Halo 4 are no longer together. Let's just say it ended... with a bang lol

If Halo continues with this shitty direction I'm done with the xbox. If Halo 5 is loaded with shit like flinch, shitty teammates, loadouts, and general bullshit, I'm not getting it. I'll google the campaign to see how much more space magic 343 can put into.

Booshka

Me and Halo 4 are no longer together. Let's just say it ended... with a bang lol

If Halo continues with this shitty direction I'm done with the xbox. If Halo 5 is loaded with shit like flinch, shitty teammates, loadouts, and general bullshit, I'm not getting it. I'll google the campaign to see how much more space magic 343 can put into.

Did you Trounce your disc?

Ghazi

Trounce's actions perfectly fit his/her name/definition:

J04AuyI.png

JDHarbs

A friend of mine destroyed his Halo 3 disc by burning out his motorcycle's back tire on top of it.

It was pretty special; warped, melted and in pieces.
I'm guessing this was because they hated it and not because they heard MS was making it free soon so they wouldn't need the disk anymore.

Shame. I liked Halo 3. :/

Fuchsdh

I dislike the SAW because it's such a generic 'real world' weapon.

In Halo 1, even the 'real' guns like the pistol, AR, and Sniper Rifle were science-fictiony. The first two don't even have usuable sights with today's technology and the Sniper rifle is nonsensical.

Seeing a Counterstrike weapon in Halo is like 'why'. I'll give 343 something, the Halo 2 / 3 BR was very generic and the 4 one looks properly sci-fi and fits in the world of Halo. But for a series with a lot of creative weapons, a SAW just feels like "Call of Duty and Battlefield have one, let's have one too!"

And really, it goes against the probably not too consistent idea that power weapons in Halo tend to be single or slow shot weapons, not full autos.

That's funny, to me I feel the opposite. I loved the design of the H2/H3 BR because it had similar lines to the AR, but didn't quite look like guns I'd seen. The Halo 4 one just feels a bit more chunky and more stereotypically "human" in the sci-fi realm. That's something all the original Halo guns had in common, really, which I think in part was a virtue of the more limited hardware. The shotgun, especially, still sticks out as a memorable weapon (especially with the unusual top-loading design).

Top Bottom