• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Is there some kind of moral high ground that is keeping people from using the AR?
?
It's supposed to be an approachable weapon that doesn't require the same level of experience/skill to excel than .. say the dmr. (Which is a good thing)

And as tends to be the case with anything competitive, Halo or not, that the lesser skill to kill ratio options are looked down upon (somewhat humorously).

wwm0nkey

So that new Doritos Xbox One thing has 2XP codes for Halo 4???

9037236221_71e33dd52d.jpg

Bottom right of the card.

Madness

My main issue with Slayer Pro in BTB is that on certain maps vehicles just become way too powerful and difficult to kill. The mantis is the biggest offender here. Especially on Ragnarok. The update just made it worse really.

You can stay alive in the Mantis for nearly the entire match without much difficulty if you have half decent team mates. You guys talk about the DMR limiting map movement but it's nothing compared to the Mantis on a map like that.

The only viable way to take it out is to get the Splaser that spawns on the hill every once in a while. But that is much easier said than done when the mantis is right on the other side and the other team is ready to shred you with team shot from all angles. So basically you end up with people hunkering down on their side of the map trying to pick each other off from long range. It's terrible.

I've posted it before, but the Mantis really goes against everything that made using vehicles fun in Halo. It's indicative of 343 not really understanding the core gameplay of Halo at launch.

You have a vehicle that offers no benefit to your Spartan in the area of movement. It's slow, perhaps slower than the Scorpion moves. It's got a powerful spray and pray chaingun, ridiculous health for a vehicle, and to top it off, has a barrage of rockets that can be fired in succession, so that if you miss the first or second, the splash damage and quick firing means Spartans are easily toast. If you hold the trigger you can fire all at once.

Halo vehicles have always been about speed, transport, or firepower. And even then, vehicles like the scorpion or wraith, which have devastating firepower, the trade off is that they are easily boarded.

The mantis is the ultimate camp vehicle. I've seen entire matches where it just stays on one side of Ragnarok mopping up kills because you just can't challenge it on foot unless you have a plasma pistol etc.

No way 343 would launch an all new gametype without proper support and "marketing"

It seems beneficial to have a test playlist or invite only list where these things can rapidly play out. It would result in a beta sort of list and increase the speed of updates to matchmaking.

I hope X1 really moves this space forward. They should drop Forge, release a full PC editor and that editor authentication gives you access to a test playlist. CC's could publish their own stuff and invite friends to play temporarily.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It seems beneficial to have a test playlist or invite only list where these things can rapidly play out. It would result in a beta sort of list and increase the speed of updates to matchmaking.

I hope X1 really moves this space forward. They should drop Forge, release a full PC editor and that editor authentication gives you access to a test playlist. CC's could publish their own stuff and invite friends to play temporarily.

If only

Booshka

Can't wait for the Xbox One branded Doritos Locos Taco shells at Taco Bell in a couple months.

EDIT @Ram: I just like to make fun of it. I find shallow marketing tragically hilarious.

Why does advertising bother you guys so much? Every company does it.

Really never understood it myself. Oh no they're advertising content relevant to the user base, those demons. I imagine that during an ad break those people jump behind the sofa or evacuate the room screaming.

TCKaos

So that new Doritos Xbox One thing has 2XP codes for Halo 4???

9037236221_71e33dd52d.jpg

Bottom right of the card.

Too bad pretty much half the player base who continues to play is already SR130, and they're probably the only ones who would have bought it anyway.

It just makes no sense.

Too bad pretty much half the player base who continues to play is already SR130, and they're probably the only ones who would have bought it anyway.

It just makes no sense.

You made the terrible assumption that Halo 4 Remix is not coming. Halo 4 updated for Xbox One hardware. SR limit raised to SR500. Players can now unlock exciting perks like Smartglass Longsword strikes, W8 phone ODST AI Drops and Spartan Assault Integration allow players to spawn in Sarah Palmer once per game.

Shadders

Weird that they didn't announce it at E3 if it is happening though.

Makes all kinds of sense to me, there's no Xbox One launch games I'm interested in, but 60fps Halo 4 would be enough for me tbh.

FyreWulff

When I go to download the KSoft tool, it gives me an error. Does anyone have it and would you mind reupping it?

He posted patches for his program on the original links. I think he had to update it.

Can someone please use that gametype editor to make a Halo Anniversary style gametype for Halo 4. I'm not asking for perfection just get it as close as reach.

It should be possible? Someone get on that. Or I will. As soon as I have access to an Xbox again.

What's up with all those languages in the gametype editor?

They actually store the translations for each region inside the gametype. The Xbox displays the string for that region. Whenever they shipped new gametypes, they also had properly translated strings for everything. So english gets Slayer, French players see Le Slayer in the lobby, and the Germans get Blitzkillenscrhiegpanzerschnellen

J10

Banned
You made the terrible assumption that Halo 4 Remix is not coming. Halo 4 updated for Xbox One hardware. SR limit raised to SR500. Players can now unlock exciting perks like Smartglass Longsword strikes, W8 phone ODST AI Drops and Spartan Assault Integration allow players to spawn in Sarah Palmer once per game.

Don't forget ranks finally displayed in the UI. Surely that'll make it in. But they'll be displayed sideways.

Would it be possible to give an ammo-fed weapon parameters for reloading and overheating using this new tech, along the lines of the Repeater?

Gravity gauntlet

Nope, it's for the Opus and Primer. They use high yield solutions of luminiferous oxide and require enemy neurological pulses to cease as per temporal clauses unbeknownst to the Warriors of Trinity, otherwise it overheats and spends the remaining magazine.

The Gravity Gauntlet just runs on a battery silly.

Booshka

Nope, it's for the Opus and Primer. They use high yield solutions of luminiferous oxide and require enemy neurological pulses to cease as per temporal clauses unbeknownst to the Warriors of Trinity, otherwise it overheats and spends the remaining magazine.

I'm drunnk and this makes no sense

heckfu

Banned

impulse*. it almost sounded like you knew what you were talking about!

Dead.

TCKaos

Gravity batteries?

Ramirez

1080p/60 FPS H4 port to X1 would be pretty sweet. Ive been playing it a lot recently, and I have fun in CTF minus the obvious flaws like no flag drop. It's a shame how a few obvious flaws that were caught by fans months before the game came out keep this from being one of the best Halo MP's.

Booshka

1080p/60 FPS H4 port to X1 would be pretty sweet. Ive been playing it a lot recently, and I have fun in CTF minus the obvious flaws like no flag drop. It's a shame how a few obvious flaws that were caught by fans months before the game came out keep this from being one of the best Halo MP's.

The devs saw the same issues according to that infamous gamasutra article. Yet, they still though it was the right direction to go with.

Fuchsdh

What's the real point of an Xbox port though if there's no cross-platform play though? It would just kill the population more than forcing people to go to their 360s to play it.

Ramirez

What's the real point of an Xbox port though if there's no cross-platform play though? It would just kill the population more than forcing people to go to their 360s to play it.

Well, for one it would be yet another reason for some people to pick up an X1 if they skipped out on the 360 version for whatever reason. 60 FPS/1080p would be a good gift to the fans who have stuck it out and plan on moving on.

I'm not saying an up-port of H4 to the X1 is a bad idea, but who here would purchase it?

I already spent $60 + whatever the season pass for DLC cost, I have no interest in paying another $60 for it.

JUST BUY A USED COPY, WAKA WAKA DOO DOO YEAH!

No physical disc is going anywhere near my X1 (well game discs that is).

I had a funny realized looking at games coming out for the new systems on Amazon the other night and it was that I don't need to order any games with the system, just download them when I fire up the system.

Sogoodfuckphysicalmediathefutureorsomethinglikethat

Top Bottom