• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

HTupolev

Phil already said what he said,cant believe people think it wont have it.
Strictly speaking, he didn't say that they'd feel forced to port the original, he said they'd have to nail it, "probably better than we did with Halo 1 Anniversary." The first bit sounds hopeful, but even bringing up CEA's approach and using the phrasing "probably better" to describe how they'd want to do relative to it is scary. Especially considering that he also said they did a good job with CEA's MP.

It might be a direct port of the original MP, but I won't be all that shocked if it isn't.

More faithful than CEA MP is a low goal.

I just want to be happy.
You're beyond repair
He is coming.

9EvosrS.jpg
holy shit lol

If Active Camo was at one end of the “visibility power up” spectrum then a Promethean Vision power up would be on the other end. Camo hides you from your enemies while Pro Vis reveals your enemies to you. A limited duration of Promethean Vision, that continuously scans with an instant scan speed, would act as the “knowledge power up”. Unlike an OS user, who could go through a doorway and get instakilled from an enemy backsmack, Pro Vis gives the attacker the advantage: the knowledge of where his enemies are located before he exposes himself through direct line of sight.

Playing through Halo 2 on PC with my Xbox One controller. I still think Michael Wincott was a better Truth than Terrence Stamp, but that's just me, too bad he didn't come back.

I have my expectations for tomorrow's Halo news/reveal set so low, it's literally impossible to disappoint me 343.

I'm ready for Halo 2 multiplayer remade with tweaks to Halo 4's multiplayer suite, and that's it.

That's all it's going to be. And I will be sad and will finally give up hope.

Less than 12 hours remain.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
There's no way they just port Halo 2 multiplayer with all glitches and exploits intact...right?
My guess is that they'll tap into the internal workings to make certain exceptions, hopefully not affecting the game itself too much.

Didn't Frankie already say here that IF H2A is real that they wouldn't allow those glitches and exploits?

Gaf, do I stay hyped or not to stay hyped?

What if the collection is just Halo 4 GOTY with papers that have printed Dlc codes for anniversary maps of the 3 games?

Bugsbunny.jpg

Omni

Decided to run through Halo 3's campaign. Makes me nostalgic. MS conference starts at like 2am here so I might as well stay up and just finish it

Edit. I've become so reliant on hit markers. Ew

Omni

I literally didn't even notice that the voice actor was different to be honest.

I did notice Miranda, if only because I like Julie Benz and was a bit disappointed. But Truth? Naa. Not that big of a deal. Certainly not worth redoing over. Replacement was still pretty damn good, IMO

Decided to run through Halo 3's campaign. Makes me nostalgic. MS conference starts at like 2am here so I might as well stay up and just finish it

Yep, 2.30am starts for a 1.5-2 hour MS show and I'm right to stay up.
Also stayed up last night watching the French Open final, my body clock is ready

belushy

Banned

Probably "bad opinion train" but I actually like hitmarkers. Watching/ playing H3 the past few months have been brutal. I know it is a minor thing that adds to the skill gap, but I like knowing that my shots are actually hitting.

I don't like grenade hitmarkers though, or grenade indicators.

HTupolev

Probably "bad opinion train" but I actually like hitmarkers. Watching/ playing H3 the past few months have been brutal. I know it is a minor thing that adds to the skill gap, but I like knowing that my shots are actually hitting.
It's really not an intentional skill gap feature. Perhaps the biggest issue with Halo 3's competitive MP is that impact response doesn't work very well. Bullet markers are too small*, BR spread messes with your head, and and the networking adds an extra layer of weirdness in games with lots of players**.

When Halo games are working as intended, you DO know how you're doing. Exact damage numbers aren't specified, but the visual response can do its job.

I'm not a huge fan of direct hitmarkers, but that's because I expect games to have pretty good core feedback. I'd generally prefer other approaches, but hitmarkers can serve a purpose.

*Projectile games need clear feedback on impact location and timing. Halo 1 is awesome in this respect.

**Halo 3's networking is usually okay for smaller games, but BTB and such often pushes the bandwidth management over the edge or something.

Top Bottom