• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Fuchsdh

Man, E3 and WWDC this week means I'm pumped. Looking forward to finishing off Bioshock Infinite for achievements, then throwing it in a corner and playing some more Halo.

Question: is there a H4 playlist page with all the game types and maps like the one they have for Reach? There must be but I can't find the link.

How bout Team Slayer? I am sick of these slayer sub titles. Bring back a true Team Slayer and call it Team Slayer! Also how about a split ranked and social playlist. Halo 3 had it right all a long. Don't fix it if its not broken.

I hear you but that isn't going to happen. In a way I am giving you the same, Team Slayer Pro and Infinity Slayer. Its the same as it is today unless you are talking about dumping IS all together but again, not happening.

Here is my basic shot at a Playlist cleanup:
Team Slayer Pro
BTB Pro
Doubles Pro
Swat
Team Snipers
CTF
Rumble Pit (Infinity and Pro)
Multi Team
Team Objective (Regicide, Flood, Dominion)
Infinity Slayer
Infinity BTB
Infinity Objective
Grifball

The basics reason here is the player count is so low you want to bump the population of the core playlists. This would even the skill gap a bit I think.

Halo 4 Soundtrack Vol. 2, track 19."Never Forget"(Midnight Version) - Martin O'Donnell, Michael Salvatori, 4:37

They had no problem using this during the credits for the game.

Plus, they had already sampled the 'monks' and used them for the E3 2011 reveal trailer. They didn't use it because they didn't want to use what Bungie or Marty did. They wanted to make it their own Halo. That's why so many things have changed. Chiefs armor, Elites, jackals, ship designs, UNSC logo, etc.

'hey we'll just put this wailing as the menu music and hope longtime fans forget the old music, and then just for kicks, we'll also add this wailing to Halo Waypoint as well'.

There was very little reason for not using the music aside from they didn't want to, and wanted to use their own music/new guy.

There is a certain balance between your own artistic vision and what has been established. You will not see the next Start Wars movie change it's theme no matter who is going it. The same for the core Halo soundtrack songs. They need to be front and center in the next game.

Tawpgun

As a fun social expirement, name the legendary playlist Team Slayer. Because that's what it's seeming like it will be. Classic halo slayer.

TheOddOne

who has summoned me to bang pretty womin
isz1zIhbghFjk.gif

Tawpgun

They released info about it? I havent heard anything, are you just randomly speculating?

Adapt.

Speculating based on them saying its meant to be something in between Throwdown (MLG) and Infinity. That sounds like classic slayer to me. Most likely radar and set loadouts.

Ramirez

It's still fucking Adrift.

I'm really trying to enjoy this game, really I am. But some stuff, I just can't stand, like it makes me want to punch walls, and I am not even close to being that kind of person.

Today mid fight with a rocket guy, I back over the flag, picking it up, and by the time I realized what had happened, he had reloaded and blasted me to space, fuck. I had a map ordnance fall from the sky and kill me, fuck. I just played an entire team in CTF who were using PV, fuck. Why was the AR BUFFED? Fuck.

Halo 4, fuck.

Tawpgun

That Adrift video had one side that was dark and blueish and the other was light and warm colored.

Then they removed all the color becauce FUCK player orientation

Ramirez

That Adrift video had one side that was dark and blueish and the other was light and warm colored.

Then they removed all the color becauce FUCK player orientation

Seriously, how no one realized that Haven had zero team based landmarks, just wow, lol.

But that goes back to hiring people who hate Halo, lol again.

Purplemage

Neo Member
No one realized the Haven initial spawns were wrong either.

The color thing I can get past, but the spawns for some of these maps? Holy shit. Abandon was still the worst offender last I played it. Speaking of Abandon, when did that box on ring two that helps you jump up to top middle get placed near the saw spawn?

Tawpgun

No one realized CTF doesn't work on asymmetrical maps either, but hey, let's build everyone of our maps around that.

"Functionally Symmetric"

Let's give one base a mancannon.

Not sure why im so negative today, but everything I posted is/was a problem...

Nebula

So I got on Halo 4 after the WTU and played a 2 games of FFA. It wasn't bad but I really do think that the shield recharge delay needs to be shorter. Not found much else within those 2 games I have an issue with that is related to the WTU.

malfcn

Just need a few more Incineration Canon kills (no more Solace) and Binary for the Forerunner stance. What is a good map/list to get some more kills to unlock?

randoms in matchmaking are so useless, lol.

I brought a flag back to our base and died. Some random picked it up and brought it BACK TO THE OTHER TEAM'S BASE. smh

Nebula

Just need a few more Incineration Canon kills (no more Solace) and Binary for the Forerunner stance. What is a good map/list to get some more kills to unlock?

Binary slayer in Action Sack seems like a good option for you. Dominion/BTB for the Incineration cannon.

Speaking of flag. Have they realized their new Halo 4 flag settings are dumb and going back to the old school ways in the next Halo?

Whats the status on that?

malfcn

Speaking of flag. Have they realized their new Halo 4 flag settings are dumb and going back to the old school ways in the next Halo?

Whats the status on that?

In Halo 5 someone randomly spawns holding the Flag. The other team has to kill you, auto pickup and run it back.

Top Bottom