• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

link1201

I'd say slim, on the other hand it wouldn't be too difficult to work them into the REQ system... I don't think I've ever seen a player-controlled Phaeton in WZ so it would be nice to have some more flying vehicles.
I actually got a phaeton from a random vehicle card I think. It was fun but I'd say it's more in line with a Banshee. I miss ctf with hornets and falcons.

shoreu

I still don't understand why pegasus is in game and why people are not being banned every single time they quit

15 minutes every damn time

i lost 40 damn points off of my onyx because my team quit and i fucking left since the lag in that match was so bad they game timer wasn't counting down properly wtf man.... this shit needs to be fixed.

EBE

Sounds like an variant. Which you can't use until you get the stock I believe.

Isn't the stock dmr only req level 6?
Its got the little laser thingy on it. Very rarely do I reach REQ 8 unless I go ham on fools and have a team that does well but not too well that we win the match early

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Finally got a DMR. From a silver pack, no less. REQ level 8, though :(

sup?

y0E6bXj.jpg

link1201

I still don't understand why pegasus is in game and why people are not being banned every single time they quit

15 minutes every damn time

i lost 40 damn points off of my onyx because my team quit and i fucking left since the lag in that match was so bad they game timer wasn't counting down properly wtf man.... this shit needs to be fixed.
I agree the penalties for quiting should be higher.

Should rumble rockets exist tho??

I just don't get people who think like this. I get it, the maps look pretty poor by todays standards. But I never thought of Forge as a tool to make great looking stuff, it was to make great playing maps. I understand people want the best and shiniest in Halo 5 but 60 FPS is more important than some ground textures being higher res to me.

I think the point is they should not have relegated a Halo staple like BTB to Forge maps.

That said, I have zero issue with Warzone or the REQ system. I like opening the packs and to me its just a mash up game type. There are some balance issues but the game type is fine.

Rembrandt

Banned
I'm glad to hear good things about the multiplayer. I loved the beta but I won't be able to get this until next month, sadly. This, Fallout and RoTTR will consume my winter break.

Oozer3993

The REQ system is being mean to me. The majority of the time I get no permanent unlocks from Bronze packs, and when I do they're scout 'Hogs. And I have a bevy of AR variants, but only 2 BR ones. One with a silencer and one with a silencer and a laser. But I've got Mongeese for days! All I ask is just 1 BR with a scope. Just one, Santa, just one.

I just know Linda's ugly ass helmet is going to be the first Legendary helmet I unlock. That or Tanaka's which I'm not very fond of either.

I hope that statement isn't meant to be negative, because the constant complaining about the REQ system ruining Halo is already past annoying.
I know about RNG and I know about REQ, but I didn't know that weapons like no-need-for-headshot-sniper rifles and other super weapons were in the mix as well.

How un-Halo can you get?

And I know you find negativity annoying, but its just as annoying to see "it's only Warzone" in response. Warzone is the one big new mode that looked promising in Halo 5 and even Destiny PvP looks like it offers more balance. Never would have imagined that. Hopefully you don't find yourself reading "its only Arena" if that mode ever heads in similar direction.

No worries though. I'm done now. Enjoy yourselves.

Lucifon

Can't get into a warzone match. Are the servers having issues?

Edit - any match for that matter. Keeps throwing up a dedicated server error.

I know about RNG and I know about REQ, but I didn't know that weapons like no-need-for-headshot-sniper rifles and other super weapons were in the mix as well.

How un-Halo can you get?

And I know you find negativity annoying, but its just as annoying to see "it's only Warzone" in response. Warzone is the one big new mode that looked promising in Halo 5 and even Destiny PvP looks like it offers more balance. Never would have imagined that. Hopefully you don't find yourself reading "its only Arena" if that mode ever heads in similar direction.

Warzone is hugely more balanced than Destiny PvP. Even with Legendaries and Mythics figured in.

I haven't been able to get online for nearly over a week now because of work and family commitments.

I'm actually a little bit scared to jump in this weekend lol

How un-Halo can you get?

lol, *conveniently ignores arena mode which is the best halo MP since 2

all the "it's so not Halo though!" remarks just make me laugh these days.

mostly as I can't imagine what this "Halo" they want looks / plays like - as revisiting Halo 2 and 3 via the MCC hasn't exactly been good for my nostalgia goggles.

Herbs

Banned

How un-Halo can you get?

bye

Can't get into a warzone match. Are the servers having issues?

Edit - any match for that matter. Keeps throwing up a dedicated server error.

yeah man, ever since two days ago I get "connection lost", about 3 to 5 seconds into any match (any mode).

there's a 28 page thread on halo waypoint - add your voice so they actually do something about this;

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...-4169-990d-5738727353ec/posts?page=28#post544

Getting really sad as I'm hooked on this game :/

Played Battlefront for a couple days and went back to Halo 5. The aim acceleration was really weird to come back to, but I got used to it after a few games. I get why it is the way it is and don't really see a problem with it once you get used to it.

Halo 5 is way more fun than Battlefront, btw...although more stressful too. Some dude was barking orders on the mic and I told him he really knows how to boost team morale. That shut him up, haha.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
That colour scheme

Racist.

L0PiEXD.jpg

AllIsOneIsNone said:
. Some dude was barking orders on the mic and I told him he really knows how to boost team morale. That shut him up, haha.

THOSE GUYS.

Everyone literally plays worse when they do that. Happened to me yesterday and the due was all COME ON GUYS! DON'T SCREW THIS UP BLAH BLAH PICK IT UP BLAH BLAH" Then weirdly at the end, we lost by a couple of points (because of him) and he was all "Good game guys. We tried."

TOP TIP: Don't be that guy. It achieves the opposite of what you are attempting.

Played Battlefront for a couple days and went back to Halo 5. The aim acceleration was really weird to come back to, but I got used to it after a few games. I get why it is the way it is and don't really see a problem with it once you get used to it.

Halo 5 is way more fun than Battlefront, btw...although more stressful too. Some dude was barking orders on the mic and I told him he really knows how to boost team morale. That shut him up, haha.

you do really get some angry people in Halo hey?

also, reminds me just how many racist hicks play online shooters - already had to overhear two separate conversations about lynching n*****, makes me fucking sick.

not sure if this is exclusive to Xbox live, but I DID used to get a LOT of these sorts of matches in the 360's early days when playing COD 2 online.

pieface

First game of BTB today, 2 people quit/disconnect within the first minute of Strongholds on Headlong. WTF, the decision to remove JIP is an absolute joke. Especially with so many people having connectivity problems.

Lucifon

BraXzy

I haven't heard anything. I was hoping they'd be hyping it up due to the holiday weekend but so far nothing.

When are we expecting the next official info from 343 about anything? Community update? Weekly post?

Since the seasons stuff specifically mentions December season, surely it starts on the first of the month, or not long after. Hopefully we get something in the next couple of days.

The last time I remember seeing decent renders (and a well designed, organized stat page) was when Bungie hosted reach stats. Its another aspect of the Reach experience has remained unsurpassed by 343.

Decent renders are due to the shaders being way more complex this time around.

Outrun

Racist.

L0PiEXD.jpg

THOSE GUYS.

Everyone literally plays worse when they do that. Happened to me yesterday and the due was all COME ON GUYS! DON'T SCREW THIS UP BLAH BLAH PICK IT UP BLAH BLAH" Then weirdly at the end, we lost by a couple of points (because of him) and he was all "Good game guys. We tried."

TOP TIP: Don't be that guy. It achieves the opposite of what you are attempting.

What about if we are playing BTB Strongholds and all the team is playing as if it were slayer?...

A friendly reminder is ok, isn't it?

BraXzy

THOSE GUYS.

Yeah it always seems to be the guy who gets a double kill and suddenly thinks he is Snip3down. Then gets ahead of themselves and ends up tilting hard. Definitely don't be those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom