• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghosts are so hilariously broken in this game.

Boarding in particular is way too finicky. The number of times I've jumped at one from the side and it counted as a splatter....argh... and they need to take less than 4 people team-shotting the 'weak point' (I use the term lightly) to die in a reasonable amount of time.

el_Nikolinho

Neo Member
Ghosts are so hilariously broken in this game.

Boarding in particular is way too finicky. The number of times I've jumped at one from the side and it counted as a splatter....argh... and they need to take less than 4 people team-shotting the 'weak point' (I use the term lightly) to die in a reasonable amount of time.

Boarding has always been weird in every halo. Sometime it feels like the vehicle just has to be boosting and anywhere you hi it splatters you. I wouldn't say they're broken, my only problem with them is that seems to be the only cards I get, I think I have over 50 sword ghosts

Boarding has always been weird in every halo. Sometime it feels like the vehicle just has to be boosting and anywhere you hi it splatters you. I wouldn't say they're broken, my only problem with them is that seems to be the only cards I get, I think I have over 50 sword ghosts

Ghosts are the only vehicles I have any trouble boarding. Tanks, Wraiths, Banshees, Warthogs all feel fine.

Everybody in Warzone has tons of them. And matches fill up with them quick. That's part of why the damage they take is such an annoyance. In BTB, where there are set amounts of ghosts in the match at any given time, it's easy enough to coordinate and team-shoot them to make short work of them.

Coordinating and team-shooting 4 ghosts at once isn't particularly realistic when most people don't got into Warzone with more than parties of 6. It's often one or two infantry against a ghost at a time, and it shouldn't take more than full clips from both infantry to take the Ghost out.

Nowise10

Had a game tonight in Warzone Assault where the enemy team cheated and captured the armory prematurely. We still didn't give them the garage.

Next game we had two 343 employees on the enemy side, and someone on their team was trying to cheat, but one of my teammates kept stopping him. So naturally, wanting the guy to cheat so 343 can experience it themselves, messages my teammate to let the guy cheat. He didn't take to kindly that that.

l1jfIpU.jpg

What is wrong with people

Screenshot-Original.png

I'M DONE. I'M FINALLY DONE. ;~;

i champion my halos like i champion my grillfriend, 69 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Had a game tonight in Warzone Assault where the enemy team cheated and captured the armory prematurely. We still didn't give them the garage.

Next game we had two 343 employees on the enemy side, and someone on their team was trying to cheat, but one of my teammates kept stopping him. So naturally, wanting the guy to cheat so 343 can experience it themselves, messages my teammate to let the guy cheat. He didn't take to kindly that that.

lol that salt.

was playing Destiny with Bungie earlier and we got accused of lag switching :lol

Screenshot-Original.png

I'M DONE. I'M FINALLY DONE. ;~;

i champion my halos like i champion my grillfriend, 69 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

that's crazy to be champion in btb and not other playlists, maybe has to do with pros not playing it as often or not caring about it though

but there are some btb only elite players

pieface

For me there's now two problems they need to fix.

1) Turn JiP back on for BTB only. I actually think 75% of my games end with unfair teams. It's so frustrating. Give players an option to "opt out" of JiP. But by default it should be "yes". Also don't de-rank players who join a losing side. But reward them with RP and XP still at the end of the game. Simple.

2) Allow us to choose which servers we connect too. I'm so god damn sick of playing in US servers, where bullets don't quite register in time. I mean look at this.... http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/P1EFACE/video/12877990 ... how can I go round that corner, shotgun someone, kill him, but then he kills me with a melee? It's so annoying.

I think Doubles actually works EXTRA well in H5 thanks to mobility and maps.

But rockets is going to win for the same reason people overload on shrimp at the buffet.

it does sadden me to see you say this, the maps aren't that good so I guess we won't see any changes in future halo's. Well, I'll still have hope :)

Firefights don't really require jetpacks or sprint and that is what old halo fans like, fire fights and map control, imo

Try doing a better job explaining it next time. If you'd tried explaining it to me like you did to him, I wouldn't understand either.

that's crazy to be champion in btb and not other playlists, maybe has to do with pros not playing it as often or not caring about it though

but there are some btb only elite players
I could honestly get Champion in other playlists, I just don't want to bother with any of them. I decided I'd rather focus on Onyx first, and get my Champions later if possible.

Champion for Arena is 2000s, I'm currently 1650, not worth it.
Champion for Team Slayer is 2000, I'm currently 1540, not worth it.
Champion for Breakout is 1600s, I'm currently 1500, so I WILL get this one.
Champion for Free For All is 2000s, I'm currently 1500s, but FFA is really easy, so I might go for this.
Champion for Swat is 2000s, I'm currently 1506, not worth it.

If anyone's looking for someone of decent skill level (I was able to solo my way from Platinum up to Diamond) for some partying up tomorrow or Thursday (we all know Thanksgiving morning is dull as hell), hit me up.

My GT is my username. I promise not to rage that much. I'll say "that's friggin' unbelievable" a lot, though. That's become my thing, for some reason.

Just got some gold to play BTB... and holy shit are the forge maps hideous, especially the snow one with its awful snow texture and ice that looks like plastic... My excitement for forge is pretty much dead now.

CeeSaw

Just got some gold to play BTB... and holy shit are the forge maps hideous, especially the snow one with its awful snow texture and ice that looks like plastic... My excitement for forge is pretty much dead now.

I just don't get people who think like this. I get it, the maps look pretty poor by todays standards. But I never thought of Forge as a tool to make great looking stuff, it was to make great playing maps. I understand people want the best and shiniest in Halo 5 but 60 FPS is more important than some ground textures being higher res to me.

I just don't get people who think like this. I get it, the maps look pretty poor by todays standards. But I never thought of Forge as a tool to make great looking stuff, it was to make great playing maps. I understand people want the best and shiniest in Halo 5 but 60 FPS is more important than some ground textures being higher res to me.
I was excited because it was supposed to be the time forge gave us good looking maps, intead we have some of the worst looking forge maps to date now, it doesn't help that the lighting on the dusk/morning maps is blindingly bright if you are facing the wrong way.
I can deal with subpar graphics, but these maps are distractingly ugly.
It's not just low quality graphics, they are ugly.

Trup1aya

Does this game have stopping power or not?

I heard it does, but the guys who run directly at me through BR fire completely unhindered and force me to thrust to dodge the inevitable spartan charge seem to disagree.

If you shoot them before they reach top speed, there is stopping power.

If they are alread at top speed, you'll have to work quickly or get charged...

I was excited because it was supposed to be the time forge gave us good looking maps, intead we have some of the worst looking forge maps to date now, it doesn't help that the lighting on the dusk/morning maps is blindingly bright if you are facing the wrong way.
I can deal with subpar graphics, but these maps are distractingly ugly.
It's not just low quality graphics, they are ugly.

Agreed on the lighting but I think the forge maps look great (for being Forge), only Headlong is jarring with its complete lack of textures on the buildings. The Standoff remake looks very good and plays extremely well (except for spawns). They're all way better than the grey mess everything ended up as in Reach.

How does one cheat? don't want to, i've just never seen it and i want to know what to look out for.

Trup1aya

How does one cheat? don't want to, i've just never seen it and i want to know what to look out for.

They go to the second objective before its open for capture. They can't enter the building, but They trick the AI marines into killing themselves, then they capture the base prematurely by standing on the roof.

Agreed on the lighting but I think the forge maps look great (for being Forge), only Headlong is jarring with its complete lack of textures on the buildings. The Standoff remake looks very good and plays extremely well (except for spawns). They're all way better than the grey mess everything ended up as in Reach.
I think Standoff looks bad thanks to overly bright sun, the weird shadow lines all over the ground textures and the large number of seams (I remember when they said it'd be seamless, lol.)
The only one that doesn't look awful to me is Basin, but tge lighting on it is really bland.
I feel like I'm playing pre-alpha maps before the art team got to them.

Oh? Well that's interesting considering you posted this:

So are you trolling this thread or that one, or perhaps it's every Halo thread?

I wasn't aware speaking ill of a game constituted trolling.

Is every game a 10/10 must play by GAF rules now?

I would pay them $10 to $20 to remove my stats/ranks and any record I played the game though. They can even take the achievements back.

Nono, it's not just speaking ill of a game, it's how you constantly berate it in Halo threads and are open about how you ruin the experiences for others when you're actually "playing" the game lol
0-100, real quick.
I would pay them $10 to $20 to remove my stats/ranks and any record I played the game though. They can even take the achievements back.
So you'd pay that much to remove stats/ranks, but you think £10 is "still a little expensive" and you'd "wait for it to drop?"

You don't see how someone could view you as a troll?

BokehKing

Banned

Damn.....and here I was thinking I was most disappointed by halo 5, you take the cake sir

Lemme put it this way.

Even if everything you said was true (it's not), repeating it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER

would still constitute trolling.

Like going to a thanksgiving thread and constantly talking about how 50 years later the native american tribe ended up slaughtered. Yeah, it's correct, and yeah, it's relevant, but for fucks sake people just want to swap stuffing recipes.

You have made your point. You hate the game, you're convinced the devs are wholly worthless, and you have said so clearly and repeatedly.

Your job is done.

Herbs

Banned
Nono, it's not just speaking ill of a game, it's how you constantly berate it in Halo threads and are open about how you ruin the experiences for others when you're actually "playing" the game lol

0-100, real quick.

So you'd pay that much to remove stats/ranks, but you think £10 is "still a little expensive" and you'd "wait for it to drop?"

You don't see how someone could view you as a troll?

well done.

I could honestly get Champion in other playlists, I just don't want to bother with any of them. I decided I'd rather focus on Onyx first, and get my Champions later if possible.

Champion for Arena is 2000s, I'm currently 1650, not worth it.
Champion for Team Slayer is 2000, I'm currently 1540, not worth it.
Champion for Breakout is 1600s, I'm currently 1500, so I WILL get this one.
Champion for Free For All is 2000s, I'm currently 1500s, but FFA is really easy, so I might go for this.
Champion for Swat is 2000s, I'm currently 1506, not worth it.

do you like breakout though? man, my connection was really bad toay. Can't do jack.

Arena should be the most hard or stacked with the best players

do you like breakout though? man, my connection was really bad toay. Can't do jack.

Arena should be the most hard or stacked with the best players

Yep, I was playing mainly Warzone for the last couple days, didn't touch the mode for the past month, but holy hell how bad those players are, I was constantly pulling off 1v3s even 1v4s which was impossible in Arena.

maximrace

Hey I don't like game A. Let me bother everyone who likes game A just because I hate it. It's like you post in here so much just to ruin the discussion between the people that like the game here. That's trolling in my book.

Detective

You should be connecting to Microsoft Azure datacentres in North Europe or West Europe. Hmm, not much I can suggest I'm afraid. Basically go wired, check DMZ or port forwarding on router, update MTU size, hard reset Xbox, party up to max team size for the playlist with local Norway players and cross your butt cheeks for luck mate.

Solid connection you have there. Have you tried a different brand modem/router or called your ISP? Sometimes there are minor Signal to Noise Ratio settings at the ISP end that can open things up a bit.

I've tried everything. Router Ok. Hard reset OK. Most of my friends are from US but I play solo most of the time.

I get like one good match and most of them are lag.

I'll just keep trying. Appreciate your help mate. :)

Thanks a lot.

Haruko

Is there really a need to allow for full stat resets, when you can Share Gold on your console and make limitless alt accounts?

Trup1aya

Limit it to once a year or every 6 months. Best players want to maintain their stats. Honestly, don't think it will be an issue.

Well your ranks reset monthly anyway, if I'm not mistaken. But he's talking about wiping out everything that suggests he ever played the game... Which would have your MMR starting at zero.

There's really no point to it.

Limit it to once a year or every 6 months. Best players want to maintain their stats. Honestly, don't think it will be an issue.

The thing is, as your stats get more comprehensive, your matchmaking rank gets more accurate. Reset your stats and you have to start building that profile back up again. Which means that you're screwing with the overall matchmaking accuracy, which could effect other players experiences negatively.

Unless what you're suggesting is more like an odometer reset than an actual reset, where the stats are still tracked and you refresh the display. That might work.

E92 M3

Well your ranks reset monthly anyway, if I'm not mistaken. But he's talking about wiping out everything that suggests he ever played the game... Which would have your MMR starting at zero.

There's really no point to it.

Some people would like a completely clean slate, why not give the option? In the long run, no one is getting hurt.

The thing is, as your stats get more comprehensive, your matchmaking rank gets more accurate. Reset your stats and you have to start building that profile back up again.

Unless what you're suggesting is more like an odometer reset than an actual reset, where the stats are still tracked and you refresh the display. That might work.

That will work even better actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom