• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I still can't get over the fact that speedy blue dude is apparently amazing at halo.

GRIMREEFZ

Nice! I kinda regret paying the premium reqs for $25 - seems like a rip off after a few weeks. Aside from that I'm enjoying the weekly updates and weekend playlists. I won't be totally satisfied until actionsack (hammerzeit, dodgeball, team sumo, etc) returns.

The thing is, as your stats get more comprehensive, your matchmaking rank gets more accurate. Reset your stats and you have to start building that profile back up again. Which means that you're screwing with the overall matchmaking accuracy, which could effect other players experiences negatively.

Unless what you're suggesting is more like an odometer reset than an actual reset, where the stats are still tracked and you refresh the display. That might work.

maybe the game could keep your past rank for the 10 placement matches in the new season then work out a balance for your new refreshed rank from those.

Fuchsdh

better game than Spartan Assault, too.
strange it hasn't been added to the Xbox One

It doesn't have co-op though, right? Because that was legitimately a tense and really fun experience with SA.

The thing is, as your stats get more comprehensive, your matchmaking rank gets more accurate. Reset your stats and you have to start building that profile back up again. Which means that you're screwing with the overall matchmaking accuracy, which could effect other players experiences negatively.

Unless what you're suggesting is more like an odometer reset than an actual reset, where the stats are still tracked and you refresh the display. That might work.

IIRC in SCII it was mostly used to give you the change to place up higher earlier, because by the end of the season you usually calcified and were unable to get enough points to rank up out of your division. I never worried about getting stomped in next season placement matches. I have no idea what's the plan for H5 though.

Honestly rank resets always just dissuade me from playing ranked though, because usually there's a major function of grinding to get enough matches, and that doesn't interest me.

Trup1aya

Some people would like a completely clean slate, why not give the option? In the long run, no one is getting hurt.

Because a completely clean slate would throw off the matchmaking system, which relies on persistent data.

Now if people just wanted to be able to erase their Spartan rank, which is just an XP tracker, that would be fine...

E92 M3

Because a completely clean slate would throw off the matchmaking system, which relies on persistent data.

Now if people just wanted to be able to erase their Spartan rank, which is just an XP tracker, that would be fine...

As mentioned earlier, 343 can keep the back-end stats for MM and reset the front-end.

As mentioned earlier, 343 can keep the back-end stats for MM and reset the front-end.

As long as it's harmless for the rest of the community I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I can't really see the point either. My K/D has pretty much been bang on 1.0 since I finished my placement matches thanks to the matchmaking. I imagine you'd be back at 1.0 very quickly after resetting your stats for the same reason.

E92 M3

As long as it's harmless for the rest of the community I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I can't really see the point either. My K/D has pretty much been bang on 1.0 since I finished my placement matches thanks to the matchmaking. I imagine you'd be back at 1.0 very quickly after resetting your stats for the same reason.

I'm not advocating for myself, just think more options properly implemented never hurt anyone.

Caja 117

If there any reset going on, this should be done, keep the true-skill intact (which I think it works differently than front end ranks) and reset the Placement ranks.

TCKaos

And here I thought we all semi-jokingly shat on Speedy because he shills for Microsoft a lot, not because he was a fucking monster and needed to be kept in check for the safety of the multiplayer ecosystem. I guess I was wrong.

arimanius

Screenshot-Original.png

I'M DONE. I'M FINALLY DONE. ;~;

i champion my halos like i champion my grillfriend, 69 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Damn dude that's impressive.

BraXzy

Wow, I didn't even think of combining a legendary or even rare weapon for that matter with damage boost.

I've not really tinkered with damage boosts, the first tier didn't feel like it did anything. But remember you'd need to have enough energy to get it after calling in a high level weapon. So you'd either need to camp with it or go pro and stay alive.

I voted for rumble rockets because CTF is never going to win unless all three voting options are CTF and even then it still might lose.

Objective playlists just aren't that popular.

Trup1aya

That's essentially what they already do. Like I said resetting the Spartan Rank and commendation systems might be something folks are interested in, like the prestige systems in COD. But I don't see the value in erasing game history altogether.

Why are the maps so ugly in BTB?

They are made in forge, which doesn't allow for detailed textures atm.

link1201

I don't mind the looks of these btb maps. I like the clean geometry. I do wish if they were going to just do forge maps we'd have gotten more though.

I tried to play with speedy but my connection was too bad to find a game. Played him in a friendly 1 v1 I can't say how good or bad he is cause I think a blind man could beat me with my terrible ping.. But he is a nice guy. Put me in America and I think I'd beat him on a 1 v1 lol.

Actually, I suck at 1 v 1s so not sure. I haven't played the game on a good connection unfortunately.

Hope my connection will be better next time speedy. Hope you can play good with me. I'll be able to call put really good when I get use to the call outs.

What are the chances of seeing the Falcon, Hornet or the equivalent in Halo 5?

I'd say slim, on the other hand it wouldn't be too difficult to work them into the REQ system... I don't think I've ever seen a player-controlled Phaeton in WZ so it would be nice to have some more flying vehicles.

BraXzy

What are the chances of seeing the Falcon, Hornet or the equivalent in Halo 5?

I miss the flying vehicles of old :(

I would still love to see some of the stuff from Halo Wars slip into the mainline series, but I suppose they're trying to keep a short and concise list of vehicles in the sandbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom