• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the best map Imo. I've played it only three times though. I like the layout better than the other 3.

maybe its cause i dont know the map well yet but im having a lot of trouble getting and moving from cover to cover. very open. hard to keep your sides and back covered

When we get closer to people making their forge maps.

Can we set up some time for us to play-test them? :p
I don't know how it worked in the past and etc.

link1201

maybe its cause i dont know the map well yet but im having a lot of trouble getting and moving from cover to cover. very open. hard to keep your sides and back covered
Well, I would not walk around out side for long. I try and make as much use of the man canons as I can. I love using the opposing teams man canons and getting behind them near the monument.

JackHerer

The level three fuel rod is utter trash. Worse than a standard fuel rod. It leaves a weak AOE effect but barely seems to do any damage. Every time I've used it it got me killed.

Karl2177

To: Tashi, Frankie, Domino, Ellis, and other 343i'ers,

I want to file a bug on game id: fe263c0c-4952-4c2c-8c31-7def6ed8561a No one was able to call in reqs throughout the whole game. It was AR/Pistol the whole time. Don't get me wrong though, it was a lot of fun not getting killed by random stuff, but I figure you guys can take a look and see what happened.

When there's a larger pile of maps, we'll have ForgeGAF customs again. I'll have to talk to Nokyard to see how the Community Cartographers are going to handle Halo 5 maps.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Any word on File Browser? I was bummed to see it not included in the Forge update, even though the UI obviously is ready for it.

(getting Halo 4 flashbacks)

link1201

Any word on File Browser? I was bummed to see it not included in the Forge update, even though the UI obviously is ready for it.

(getting Halo 4 flashbacks)
Hopefully it's in by the next update. I don't think it's a huge deal now but as more forge creations are created there definitely needs to be a better vehicle to showcase them.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hopefully it's in by the next update. I don't think it's a huge deal now but as more forge creations are created there definitely needs to be a better vehicle to showcase them.

Yeah, not huge right this minute. But no File Browser will kill any sort of _large_ community involvement in custom maps. Just like it did in 4.

link1201

Yeah, not huge right this minute. But no File Browser will kill any sort of _large_ community involvement in custom maps. Just like it did in 4.
I completely agree. It needs to arrive sooner than later for sure. I really hope it makes it in the next update. The holidays and them moving will shorten the amount of time they have but I hope this is a priority.

were there extra lighting and effects added to areas of old forge maps with the latest update? I feel like parts of the 4v4 forge map used in team DM looks better near the overshield spawn.

Leyasu

Banned
Can we make maps like the breakout ones?? I haven't been on since the update and won't be tonight either.

Sorry I meant with the flooring, same style parts etc..

Karl2177

The way they are handling files right now has a few advantages. Bookmarked files load straight from that person's files, which means it should be the most up to date version of the map. For example, if you were to follow me through my Xbox profile and bookmark a file of mine, then it would always grab the latest version of the file when you selected it in the customs lobby.

Fuchsdh

The way they are handling files right now has a few advantages. Bookmarked files load straight from that person's files, which means it should be the most up to date version of the map. For example, if you were to follow me through my Xbox profile and bookmark a file of mine, then it would always grab the latest version of the file when you selected it in the customs lobby.

Definitely, I hope they keep that system because it solves the issue of versioning.

We just need it decoupled from following someone, and curated and categorized, sortable lists for maps.

Akai__

Team Doubles has way too many Power Weapons. They spawn every 2 minutes and each Power Weapon has at least 2 magazines in it.

The Rig also remains the worst map in history.

E92 M3

Team Doubles has way too many Power Weapons. They spawn every 2 minutes and each Power Weapon has at least 2 magazines in it.

The Rig also remains the worst map in history.

Destiny actually made a nice change to team doubles where the heavy weapons only spawn once per game.

NOKYARD

This is also a great disadvantage. Actually, this current "subscription" style of sharing is devistating and completely breaks how the file share system should work.

Using Grifball as an example. I keep current versions of all courts in my file share for people to use in League games. If i decide to make changes to the court and tear down the side walls, auto saving as i go, anyone who starts a League game during that time will be playing on a broken court.

The only way this can work is if we have the Folder System i suggested earlier. We need to be able to publish folders of completed maps which lie outside of our local file list, and bookmark those folders for sharing. When Grifball players subscribe to my OIfficial GrifballHUB" file folder they will always have access to the latest updated maps. At present they only have subscription access to my WIP maps.

Fuchsdh

This is also a great disadvantage. Actually, this current "subscription" style of sharing is devistating and completely breaks how the file share system should work.

Using Grifball as an example. I keep current versions of all courts in my file share for people to use in League games. If i decide to make changes to the court and tear down the side walls, auto saving as i go, anyone who starts a League game during that time will be playing on a broken court.

The only way this can work is if we have the Folder System i suggested earlier. We need to be able to publish folders of completed maps which lie outside of our local file list. When Grifball players subscribe to my OIfficial GrifballHUB" file folder they will always have access to the latest updated maps. At present they only have subscription access to my WIP maps.

Isn't the simplest workaround right now to save two files? One is the testing map, and then once you've made changes you save as and overwrite the other, final map.

NOKYARD

Isn't the simplest workaround right now to save two files? One is the testing map, and then once you've made changes you save as and overwrite the other, final map.
I will have to run some tests but i think you are linked to the original file, regardless of name, and overwriting the old file will remove the subscription link.

BraXzy

People will be sharing/asking for volunteers in the Forge OT I'm sure. But it could be cool to maybe have a dedicated slot once per week/month where we get together and any forgers get their maps tested. That'd be a fun little GAF event.

How do people feel about the new arena map?

I'm not a fan, the corridors are way to small and it just seems like a nade spam fest.

It feels a bit too tight with not enough sightlines but I've only played it a couple of times.

Can we make maps like the breakout ones?? I haven't been on since the update and won't be tonight either.

Sorry I meant with the flooring, same style parts etc..

There's a section specifically dedicated to Breakout with all its pieces and stuff. The platform you start on and grab lift off is a piece. And you manually place and set up the grav lifts. Pretty sweet.

Leyasu

Banned
There's a section specifically dedicated to Breakout with all its pieces and stuff. The platform you start on and grab lift off is a piece. And you manually place and set up the grav lifts. Pretty sweet.
Cool
I wanna use that canvas. Sexiest forge maps in history the breakout ones. A slayer/ctf map could be pretty cool I think.

JackHerer

were there extra lighting and effects added to areas of old forge maps with the latest update? I feel like parts of the 4v4 forge map used in team DM looks better near the overshield spawn.

I believe so. I haven't seen that but they did add at least one light to Recurve by splazer spawn under the bridge.

By the way that map plays slightly better now without the sTank on it but it's still my least favorite BTB map. The Gauss hog is a better fit and unlike Halo 4 it's not OP due to how easy it is to BR a gunner.

Antifreeze is my favorite at the moment.

Akai__

Destiny actually made a nice change to team doubles where the heavy weapons only spawn once per game.

They really need to tone down the ammunition and the spawns of Power Weapons. It doesn't have to be neccessarily once per game, but they just took the standard Slayer maps and made them available for Team Doubles. 4 Rocket shots every 2 Minutes... Yeah, that's totally not crazy and frustrating in a 2vs2.

Where are the precision rifle fights? We have a good Pistol now, so put your focus on these and not on 3 power weapons + a power-up per map.

I should also note that i DO NOT want players to have access to my WIP maps.

They have access to WIP maps? That's pretty crazy.

The Rig's no good? It's one of my favorite Halo 5 maps. It's Halo 5's Lockout, IMHO.

Just my opinion and not stating it as a fact.

I just really don't like how it plays. It's an asymmetrical mess, in my eyes.

Strider

The Rig's no good? It's one of my favorite Halo 5 maps. It's Halo 5's Lockout, IMHO.

cBj1LTf.png

Tawpgun

Rig being Halo 5's lockout is not too far from the truth.

Last couple times I played teams just turtle either outside or inside. The tunnels in the middle seem like death traps.

Strider

Rig being Halo 5's lockout is not too far from the truth.

Last couple times I played teams just turtle either outside or inside. The tunnels in the middle seem like death traps.

Well Imo lockout is the most overrated map in fps history.

But I think what Digital was trying to say was rig is good... Which it is not.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the rig is fine. its FAR better than lockout which is literally pinging shots between 3 towers. the rig, from my experience, plays almost nothing like that. perhaps i'm playing wrong, or it devolves into that at higher tiers?

Strider

In whatever way Lockout is good. If you think Lockout's overrated, then everything makes sense.

"Everything makes sense" like a lot of people here like Rig or something lol

It's been getting dumped on since launch. It's mediocre for strongholds and garbage for slayer.

And keep in mind I didn't say Lockout was bad... It's just not this classic map people make it out to be. It plays well with mlg settings (specifically no radar) but other than that it just becomes 2 teams poking at each other across the map with BRs. Not enjoyable.

It's been getting dumped on since launch. It's mediocre for strongholds and garbage for slayer.

And keep in mind I didn't say Lockout was bad... It's just not this classic map people make it out to be. It plays well with mlg settings (specifically no radar) but other than that it just becomes 2 teams poking at each other across the map with BRs. Not enjoyable.

Huh, I come in here pretty often and haven't felt like The Rig was getting shit on that often. I always have a lot of fun on that map. Which maps am I allowed to like?

Trup1aya

Rig is pretty great for Strongholds. Fantastic even.

Lockout was awesome before BR starts became a thing. It, like the rest of H2's small maps, just wasn't a fit for 8 people to be using that weapon simultaneously.

So the fondness people have for lockout likely originated with the map being played as it was originally designed.

I think people liked Lockout because of the atmosphere.
That's what i remember most about it. Not how it really played, just how i felt when playing it.

Who doesn't love snow levels? Except snowbound, because reasons and you weren't even playing in the snow that much :(....

edit:

I like how they adjusted the stronghold points from beta to retail. I HATED it in beta. now i enjoy it very much becasue i dont feel like im walking into my death.

Strider

Huh, I come in here pretty often and haven't felt like The Rig was getting shit on that often. I always have a lot of fun on that map.

Just search Rig and read about everything that's been posted if you missed it. Been discussed a bunch. A few like the map but most don't... Many people have dropped suggestions on how to improve it. The main one I've seen is replacing the Plasma caster with a more powerful/useful weapon to force players from camping on the inside portion of the map as much.

Which maps am I allowed to like?

I don't see the need for stuff like this and the "everything makes sense" line... All I did was drop a dota 2 emoticon lol Sorry if the message came out wrong but all I did was disagree with you. I'm not attacking you or anything....

Lockout was awesome before BR starts became a thing. It, like the rest of H2's small maps, just wasn't a fit for 8 people to be using that weapon simultaneously.

I prefered BR starts because I felt like it gave me at least somewhat of a fighting chance if I spawned lift side.

One team spawns library and instantly grabs sniper, sword and a BR... They use those to take a lead and then camp it out.

I mentioned it played better with no radar because then you could possibly use shotgun to get close without being noticed and turn the tides... but with radar it's an incredibly tough task especially if you're spawning with SMGs

I don't see the need for stuff like this and the "everything makes sense" line... All I did was drop a dota 2 emoticon lol Sorry if the message came out wrong but all I did was disagree with you. I'm not attacking you or anything....

Sorry, sleepy angry morning! But honestly, I'm curious which maps are universally loved in Halo 5. What is Halo 5's Haven?

Strider

Sorry, sleepy angry morning! But honestly, I'm curious which maps are universally loved in Halo 5. What is Halo 5's Haven?

I don't think any one map is universally loved lol

From what I've read though the 3 favorites seem to be Coliseum, Fathom and Truth. I've read complaints about those too though.

Speaking of Haven I wouldn't mind a Forge remake of that map in Halo 5. Definitely the stand out map of Halo 4.

Strider

Now that I was able to adjust the aim acceleration and feel more comfortable now... I see what you guys mean about sniping being too easy in this game lol

Changing the aim acceleration to 2 is most noticeable on that gun.

Welfare

Even though it's shitty fps rate, Reach feels like home..Also 20k gamer after 5 years is insane for a console game..

It's getting a boost thanks to BC.

You could be right since I'm now used to more, but this stood out so I recorded it

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Glass Dallas/video/13325649

When I got to combat it was even worse and I had to stop. I don't care what was sacrificed for Halo 5's consistent 60fps, it was worth it after trying BC Reach.

I have never had it get that bad. It probably is the BC fault for that.

Coliseum for Halo 5's best 4v4 map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom