• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCKaos

Snowy blood gulch is cool, Sidewinder is still a better designed map, especially for modern Halo. But I want a developer made Sidewinder-remake, that being non-forge.

Are we getting any non-forge BTB maps?

Also:
AeDo5QL.jpg

mo60

I got my first whispered truth in the warzone daily win bonus earlier last yesterday. I'm not going to use it yet until I get more of them
Screenshot-Original.png

I kinda wonder how difficult it would be to port the H2A maps to Halo 5. Like, obviously it wouldn't be too easy, but probably easier than making all new art assets from scratch.
I wouldn't even be mad if they just straight up ported them over. I would love to play sanctuary in Halo 5

It won't happen.

Leyasu

Banned
I wouldn't even be mad if they just straight up ported them over. I would love to play sanctuary in Halo 5

It won't happen.

I would also love to have some of the halo 4 btb maps ported over.

Exile
Perdition
Vortex
Shatter
Meltdown
Longbow (get rid of recurve)

They were all pretty decent btb maps imo and I would love to have them ported over if possible?! Now that you are swimming in req cash, commission Certain affinity to do them please.. Lol

Haven and monolith would be nice additions to arena as well..

It won't happen.

I would also love to have some of the halo 4 btb maps ported over.

I adore this idea, particularly with how long creating new assets and maps seems to take. Would provide a phenomenal shot in the arm to the game, particularly for customs, andif armed with the new forge tools. I imagine H2A and Halo 4 maps would probably hold up well in the H5 engine.

Trup1aya

Man, after this awesome update, I can't help but look forward to the next one...

I wonder what the theme would be... I'd like to get an Flood themed pack that would come with a couple of halo/flood themed maps, and flood character models for the arrival of Infection.

Also, it should have all the damn missing gametypes.

Man, after this awesome update, I can't help but look forward to the next one...

I wonder what the theme would be... I'd like to get an Flood themed pack that would come with a couple of halo/flood themed maps, and flood character models for the arrival of Infection.

Also, it should have all the damn missing gametypes.

More arena maps please. I really like the new map. It's a bit small but I like the fairly tight corridors and the general look of it. Put more nature in your maps, 343!

I also wish they would slow down the power weapon timers. There are multiple arena maps where power weapons simply have too much weight on them such as Regret, Eden and Coliseum. You get the Rockets/Fuel Rod Cannon in any of those and it's straight up domination. I understand the concept of power weapon control, but it's really not fun when someone always has them throughout the whole match.

Sai

Certifications for the Prophet's Bane, Oni Mantis, Phaeton.

Got a Gold Standard skin for the DMR too. Looks ace.

I got my first whispered truth in the warzone daily win bonus earlier last yesterday. I'm not going to use it yet until I get more of them
Screenshot-Original.png
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you keep requisitions in your inventory like that, you can't unlock their certifications until you use them up.

That's what seemed to be the case for me, anyways. Held onto a Beam Rifle, and Mantis that I got from some Promotional REQ Packs before the game launched, and I never got their certifications until I used 'em up.

AlStrong

A couple things come to mind that help "ground" Reach:

1. Halo 5's visuals look somewhat less stable, particularly where light and shadow are concerned, and especially due to the dynamic shadow cascading.

2. Halo's 4 and 5 have a serious problem with unsourced rim lighting. My guess would be that 343i got rid of Bungie's environmental area specular but didn't want to compromise on the Fresnel, resulting in objects often looking like their peripheries are covered in some kind of luminescent grime. I personally find it puzzling that they're using such an expressive lighting model in Halo 5 when this effect destroys it so badly.

mm... their campaign cut-scenes show they can get some pretty good results at least.
(Even the Elite armour manages to look like metal in the cut-scene just before Sunaion. XD)

Never quite liked the ground specular from giant environment light fixtures in Halo 4.

Trup1aya

Certifications for the Prophet's Bane, Oni Mantis, Phaeton.

Got a Gold Standard skin for the DMR too. Looks ace.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you keep requisitions in your inventory like that, you can't unlock their certifications until you use them up.

That's what seemed to be the case for me, anyways. Held onto a Beam Rifle, and Mantis that I got from some Promotional REQ Packs before the game launched, and I never got their certifications until I used 'em up.

I don't think that's true... I hold onto the good stuff until I get a cert.

Trup1aya

More arena maps please. I really like the new map. It's a bit small but I like the fairly tight corridors and the general look of it. Put more nature in your maps, 343!

I also wish they would slow down the power weapon timers. There are multiple arena maps where power weapons simply have too much weight on them such as Regret, Eden and Coliseum. You get the Rockets/Fuel Rod Cannon in any of those and it's straight up domination. I understand the concept of power weapon control, but it's really not fun when someone always has them throughout the whole match.

Yeah I hope, we get an update that's loaded with maps that are as visually appealing as Overgrowth.

As far weapon timers, they are a bit quicker than previous games, but now that the announcer calls them out, i think both teams have an equal opportunity everytime they come up.

link1201

I'm still happy. The aiming update has washed away all my Halo 5 angst. Sure other aspects of the update or lack thereof aren't perfect but because I can actually feel good aiming my gun now I'm having more fun than ever with the game.

Perrrrfect. So goooood.
I feel the same. The dead zones were the biggest issue for me but I did switch acc. back to 2. I can finally play swat again. lol

Sai

Is Forge really getting an update for textures or somethin', or was that just more wishful thinking from the fans?

It's hard to tell sometimes. :x

I don't think that's true... I hold onto the good stuff until I get a cert.
Huh. I stand corrected! Luck of the draw with the Beam Rifle and Mantis certifications, I guess.

[EDIT] - Got Heartseeker & High-Five certifications too! :D

AlStrong

Is Forge really getting an update for textures or somethin', or was that just more wishful thinking from the fans?

It's hard to tell sometimes. :x
I had a suggestion a while back about it.

But then...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184790606&postcount=594

I'm not too worried about how the pieces look at launch. As i stated earlier the Forge team will be continually upgrading Forge with DLC texture packs and other community requested items. They are currently hiring Forge artists and i know for a fact they are reading this thread *waves* so keep the suggestions coming.

The Sisko might say it's real.

Strider

Even though I'd still prefer pistol starts on certain maps such as Deadlock... BTB is really fuckin fun now with more maps, social, and JiP. Really liking it since the update.

Glass

Yeah BTB is in the perfect spot for me right now, wouldn't mind a AR/Pistol start mixed with BR though. Love the new space map so far.

Strider

Encountered a bug

I assume this is a glitch that can occur because of JiP... But I loaded into a game of Entomb and I was met with a view of nothing but the sky. I didn't actually spawn into the game itself and I had no camera control or anything...

Then I paused the game and no matter what I clicked my only option was to leave the game. I couldn't even exit the pause menu to get my view of the sky back. You can hear me clicking options in the video...

But yea here's a video clip of what happened from the time I entered the game: http://xboxclips.com/Sensei%20Strider/a135d59f-867f-4164-976e-2637689deed6/embed

Somehow I still got ranked diamond in team slayer. People have gotten a lot better though, I didn't think I did as well in comparison to everyone as I did the first 10 trial games.

You really have to be on point in this game. The speed mixed with the reduced radar combine for so much opportunity for flanking and surprise attacks.

Strider

Somehow I still got ranked diamond in team slayer. People have gotten a lot better though, I didn't think I did as well in comparison to everyone as I did the first 10 trial games.

The placement matches this time around use your pre-season ranks as the starting place instead of gold/silver or whatever it was the first time around. That means if you were Diamond in pre-season you were immediately matched with Diamond level players in this January season.

so unless you completely shit the bed or dominated you were going to be diamond again...

JackHerer

Blood Gulch/coag is a very unenjoyable map and the community's love for it confuses the hell out of me.

One of the worst BTB maps. Largely because it's generally miserable to play as infantry. But to each his own I guess. As long is it doesn't end up in matchmaking :p

The placement matches this time around use your pre-season ranks as the starting place instead of gold/silver or whatever it was the first time around. That means if you were Diamond in pre-season you were immediately matched with Diamond level players in this January season.

so unless you completely shit the bed or dominated you were going to be diamond again...

Is this really what they intended though? I thought it was meant to be a totally fresh start placement wise.

I really hate warzone, you spawn with something good and no matter how safe you try to be you die to bullshit, and the stealing of kills is so annoying.

The new map feels good but i'm completely lost without a minimap of some kind.

I'm also holding X and running up to the back of tanks but not boarding them, it's honestly like this game has it out for me.

omg quake 3 maps, yesssssssss

That does bring up a good point in discussion.

Now that we have this impressive forge update can we really recreate authentic multiplayer maps from other games like Quake and Unreal Tournament? I have never honestly seen it done before in previous Forges but I always assumed it was because of a lack of some resource either tools or settings or Forge environment objects.

Strider

Is this really what they intended though? I thought it was meant to be a totally fresh start placement wise.

No idea if intended or not but I'd assume so... I thought it was gonna be a fresh start too but it can't be entirely fresh based on the placements I've seen.

But tbh it seems ok. The ranking system is designed to match people with similar skill levels asap as oppossed to slogging through a bunch of ranks like in the 1-50 system.

The placement games matching you with similar ranked players of past seasons gives you close games quickly while also adjusting tiers to players that were in a tier they didn't really belong in... For those that complained they were in a tier too high in pre-season, well that will show in placement matches now and they'll probably drop a tier.

Detective

I don't know what I did. But I feel like my controller is better now .

4 sensitivity
3 ACC
Inner 0
Outer 8

Just got a rampage medal in WZ.

22 K
1 death

:D

Oh..And the silence DMR is awesome :)

Raide

Now that we have this impressive forge update can we really recreate authentic multiplayer maps from other games like Quake and Unreal Tournament? I have never honestly seen it done before in previous Forges but I always assumed it was because of a lack of some resource either tools or settings or Forge environment objects.

It was either the lack of tool options or just the lack of objects. The Longest yard is fairly easy to block out but with the previous Forge, you never had enough man-cannons or the options to tweak aiming. No matter how well you built it, getting it to feel like a different map is harder.

I am hoping Forge will open up much more variety.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Even though I'd still prefer pistol starts on certain maps such as Deadlock... BTB is really fuckin fun now with more maps, social, and JiP. Really liking it since the update.

my BTB experience post update has been terrible. JiP of teammates constantly (more quitting?) and horribly mis-matched games.

It was either the lack of tool options or just the lack of objects. The Longest yard is fairly easy to block out but with the previous Forge, you never had enough man-cannons or the options to tweak aiming. No matter how well you built it, getting it to feel like a different map is harder.

I am hoping Forge will open up much more variety.

Do you feel that this Forge will be able to recreate maps fully now?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

you forgers have been so preoccupied with whether or not you could you havent stopped to think if you should.

Karl2177

Maybe I'm just a simpleton, but I feel Forge's controls are counter intuitive and clumsy. Why isn't A/B select and deselect? It seems like that change was for no reason. A big part of why Forge was so popular was because it was easy to use and powerful as well. I feel like they lost the ease of use part of that equation.
I think it was FyreWulff that pointed it out, but previous games had the monitor acting like a vehicle. Now the monitor acts like an actual editor would. The A/B change is so a user can multi-select without taking their thumbs off the sticks. It's still a bit weird for me, but I'm slowly getting used to it.

BraXzy

Finally got Battle of Noctus, match ended in 5 minutes after getting all bases :'(

From my brief look on it, I really liked it though!

Raide

Do you feel that this Forge will be able to recreate maps fully now?

Hrmmmmm. I think many maps could be more accurate and look much better. If 343 keep adding to Forge, it will get even better.

The biggest issue is that the new mobility options in Halo 5 change how you get around. The Longest Yard for instance is build around man-cannons but the Spartan Bomb thingy means you can quickly go another direction if you wanted to.

Some maps could drastically change with the new mobility in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom