• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
Don't count Optic out just yet. Yesterday they beat #1 seed Allegiance in a game battle match. They are improving.

Maybe because they realized they lose their chance at 2 fricking million dollars by how they are playing.

Hopefully Leftovers, Overdrive or others sweep them and they can go home

Dat matchmaking

Screenshot-Original.png

I need to get back in my Halo game. Not sure I've played it in a month.

Has there been any recent updates in the last few weeks? I don't even think I've played the new Arena maps yet!

almost every forge map ive seen looks better than what 343 came up with

That's why I suggested that they should just put all their multiplayer resources into building an even more powerful Forge for Halo 6 and have custom content drive the multiplayer. Throw everything at it - custom sunlight, weather effects, textures, custom assets and thumbnails, actual terrain shaping, water mapping, etc. and let the players run with it. It'll free them up to focus on other things - maybe even Firefight.

Most Forgers are obviously not professional level designers, but the quality of Forge output has already gone up with the expanded toolset. The community is definitely close to delivering the same level caliber.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Cross posting from the Forge thread...new map for Arena style play - "Domain"

Walk-through video

fyjyvhs.png

that looks great Sik! and no, from your earlier question, it doesnt look like you went overboard. my only concern is that the cover pieces, mainly rocks and cylinders, at the medium playing level might not be tall enough. ie, it may be difficult not to get hit from anywhere on the map on the mid or higher playing levels. also, i'd play with the color scheme of your pieces a bit.

Wow.

I'd suggest really toning down the amount of random cylinder you've placed around the map. Having a theme that has a lot of curved geometry is fine, but you have to break it up with straight(er) lines as well. Also, having the majority of the map be essentially be the same object ends up looking lazy and repetitive. Try to find more diverse ways of implementing curved objects.

An example of this is Shurima which does a great job at keeping its theme consistent without making it too repetitive.

shurima-2-png.12620

shurima-7-png.12623

Cross posting from the Forge thread...new map for Arena style play - "Domain"

Walk-through video

fyjyvhs.png
At first glance, I thought the top might be too open, but after watching the walkthrough video it looks like there are plenty of paths below the higher sight lines. I can actually see this being a fun but chaotic CTF map. Looks very polished.

EDIT: I really loved Kingdom in Reach and I think the map was such a good map because it had no wasted space and wasn't overly large. With the increased mobility in Halo 5, I think Domain will be in a similar vein.

Every human map is a goddamn factory.
hahaha this ^^^^^^

Besides the colors, this was definitely trying to use the same aesthetics and geometry of Sunaion from H5's campaign right

That's a great idea, sik you should tweak to fit the sunaion aesthetic.

That level was an influence as I was building this, but I opted for a more Forerunner theme. Maybe I can do a remix.

Pretty keen to get some testing going on this - keen to see what works and what doesn't. Very confident about the lower level, but top mid is what gives me concern.

Oh my.

I've had a month off this game, and on my comeback, this happened.

https://youtu.be/-oXbW3H4WGU

Somehow went 19-0... Almost.

Just a few clips and highlights. Some tense close moments. Not even sure how I did it.

Very much panicked at the end though, was desperate to make it with no deaths.

And then :sadface.gif:

Has this been posted yet?:

HALO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP AT X GAMES ANNOUNCED

Today, ESPN announced that the Halo World Championship would be coming to the X Games this month. If you pay attention to the ongoing #HaloWC discussion on our forums, you’d know that this even has actually been rumored for a few weeks now. The Halo 5: Guardians invitational event will be taking place in Aspen, Colorado from January 28th-31st alongside the other X Games events.

The event will be streamed live on Twitch.tv/Halo, as well as MLG.tv and WatchESPN for the duration of the event. ESPN revealed that eight of the top Halo teams from around the world will be playing in this event, 6 from North America and 2 international teams.

The full article is here: http://teambeyond.net/halo-x-games-announced/

Glass

Has this been posted yet?:

HALO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP AT X GAMES ANNOUNCED

Today, ESPN announced that the Halo World Championship would be coming to the X Games this month. If you pay attention to the ongoing #HaloWC discussion on our forums, you’d know that this even has actually been rumored for a few weeks now. The Halo 5: Guardians invitational event will be taking place in Aspen, Colorado from January 28th-31st alongside the other X Games events.

The event will be streamed live on Twitch.tv/Halo, as well as MLG.tv and WatchESPN for the duration of the event. ESPN revealed that eight of the top Halo teams from around the world will be playing in this event, 6 from North America and 2 international teams.

The full article is here: http://teambeyond.net/halo-x-games-announced/

Yeah a few pages back, I've only just started watching competitive Halo for the first time but this seems super exciting. I'm guessing Bravo will cover it tomorrow on the blog, whilst giving us some more on Januarys update hopefully.

Oh my.

I've had a month off this game, and on my comeback, this happened.

https://youtu.be/-oXbW3H4WGU

Somehow went 19-0... Almost.

Just a few clips and highlights. Some tense close moments. Not even sure how I did it.

Very much panicked at the end though, was desperate to make it with no deaths.

And then :sadface.gif:
Aw that's rotten luck. Still, fun to have matches where you feel like you're unstoppable.

Yeah a few pages back, I've only just started watching competitive Halo for the first time but this seems super exciting. I'm guessing Bravo will cover it tomorrow on the blog, whilst giving us some more on Januarys update hopefully.

Ok sorry I didn't knew, competitive Halo is awesome back on the day Halo was the king of console eSports I'm talking about Halo 1-3, I'm happy with all the support that Halo 5 is getting in terms of competitive play the only thing that would make more happy is a better spectator mode like in CoD and the return of KOTH and Oddball they are great for competitive Halo matches.

Madness

343 are huge fans of the industrial revolution

I'm very much over Forerunner/UNSC maps. They all look so similar with different tint/colors and filters. I mean even if they have to do something like that, look at Halo 4 even. Look how much better a map like Skyline looks to something like Empire. A map like Monolith compared to Coliseum. Obviously the primary goal of maps is how they play competitively, sure. But I want the environment teams pushing the boundaries. We're seeing amazing things like Sanghelios and the Domain in campaign etc.

I'm very much over Forerunner/UNSC maps. They all look so similar with different tint/colors and filters. I mean even if they have to do something like that, look at Halo 4 even. Look how much better a map like Skyline looks to something like Empire. A map like Monolith compared to Coliseum. Obviously the primary goal of maps is how they play competitively, sure. But I want the environment teams pushing the boundaries. We're seeing amazing things like Sanghelios and the Domain in campaign etc.

This is why I love Forge, especially now. People can and absolutely are building UNSC and Forerunner stuff, but then we have various styles of Covenant, Urban, Industrial, and even the simple CE style to the more intricate themes like the map above.

I always want to capture the feeling of a Campaign mission in a multiplayer map, so you're wanting more spaces like the Campaign, I think you're going to enjoy my map.

If I finish it.

Glass

Felt very smug rolling with Roy from EG's Warzone team and farming people/req points quickly until spotting a GAFer on the opposing team, feelsbadman

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Fuuuuuuuck. Last night Xbox live was down, tonight my power is out. What's a guy got to do to play some halo. Bill Gates, Ben Franklin, get your shis together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom