• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

belushy

Banned
SnakeBite from CLG streams but not too often... I played against him once when he was streaming. He carried his team so hard it was nuts. Think he dropped 30 kills in slayer and they still barely won...

Really small sample size of course but of the pros I've played against in H5 he was the best... Came away from that game thinking "Yep. That guy is way better than me" lol

I played against Hysteria once in Warzone Assault with his full party from his stream.

We didn't win but I killed him a few times which felt kinda cool.

Never got the hate for Ninja that some people exemplify through various shit posts.

out of curiosity, what age are you?

i'm not a grand-dad or anything [31 / 1984 here], but something about Ninja irritates me in the way a spoiled child irritates me.

just curious if demographics have anything to do with people's like and/or dislike of him.

that being said, i'm well aware this is all personal preference, so i never really post anything negative about the guy [or at least i don't think i have?].

jfoul

He didn't make it just for me, he's sent a few other fairly hilarious messages to people who were being positive about H5 before. I have a feeling I know who it is, he shitposts constantly.

Definitely looks like the rantings of a certain -Type that posted here before.

E92 M3

out of curiosity, what age are you?

i'm not a grand-dad or anything [31 / 1984 here], but something about Ninja irritates me in the way a spoiled child irritates me.

just curious if demographics have anything to do with people's like and/or dislike of him.

that being said, i'm well aware this is all personal preference, so i never really post anything negative about the guy [or at least i don't think i have?].

I'm 28.

And I only actively dislike douchebags - ninja is just a more energetic person and not everyone likes that lol.

Glass

From the UK 2015 video games market report thread, thought this was quite an interesting list

YUlx1s2.png

Again, just the UK chart, but despite H5 being on the losing console, it still outsold MGSV here. Everything else above it is pretty much cross platform.

From the UK 2015 video games market report thread, thought this was quite an interesting list

YUlx1s2.png

Again, just the UK chart, but despite H5 being on the losing console, it still outsold MGSV here. Everything else above it is pretty much cross platform.

For an exclusive it did pretty good.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ninja should be on a better team, though he has to be less vibrant and take a step back at how he presents himself, many former teammates were annoyed that he always came of as the captain or spokesman of the team.

Ace was the captain of Liquid.. what is a complete mystery to me, that guy did nothing of worth in Halo except the Halo 4 1v1 tourney in years.

Optic was a super disappointing team results wise, H2A was a total letdown by them, in their first presence for halo 5 at cologne (and they did play Halo 5 before) they lost in the first round against European teams.

Ace's results in the last H5 tourneys were also bad, he was never the stand out player on Liquid.

UnLegit deserves better, as does Hysteria, Ninja and co.

aravuus

Nostalgia:

My favorite screenshot that I took from Reach

faVrTz2.jpg

I miss Reach. I hope they remaster it soon.

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I gotta ask: is MCC worth it for the online multiplayer? H5 kinda left a bad taste in my mouth and while Reach is still my favorite, it doesn't make Halo 3 any less awesome

e: and does every game in the collection have coop campaign? Would love to replay them with my brother locally

BraXzy

also if you have auto stabilize off shame on you.

You can't clamber passed a certain point. I think it's 16'

Bumper Jumper + Auto Stabilize on + Sprint and you can hit 21.5'

Don't know if you know, but crouching also helps to make jumps you otherwise wouldn't. You can climb higher with it + what you mentioned.

Ha Reach was anything but vibrant :)

Truth, It actually sours my memories of reach, makes me think that playing it was really depressing at the time despite knowing it wasn't.

I wouldn't call any Halo game "vibrant", including Halo 5. The closest is probably CEA/H2A.

Yeah, i'm basing it off the screenshot above. It looks colorful and way more vibrant than any other halo.

meh, i proably just used the wrong word to describe the colors. my bad folks.

I wouldn't call any Halo game "vibrant", including Halo 5. The closest is probably CEA/H2A.
I can agree with that. Halo 4 had its moments too. I just remember Reach having an almost dreary feeling to it. Washed out and gray.

EDIT:
Yeah, i'm basing it off the screenshot above. It looks colorful and way more vibrant than any other halo.

meh, i proably just used the wrong word to describe the colors. my bad folks.
No you're fine. Reach had a lot of crazy screenshots from explosions and what not.

Fuchsdh

I can agree with that. Halo 4 had its moments too. I just remember Reach having an almost dreary feeling to it. Washed out and gray.

I think Halo 4 actually had a more washed out look than Reach, mostly due to the glare/fringing effects and the darker colors for things like the Covenant vehicles.

With that said, Reach looks far better when modders disable the grain filter they added. And it definitely does feel drearier than 4 or any other Halo game to me.

BraXzy

For anyone cares about the pro scene, there's been a few team changes today. Ninja (formerly on Team Liquid) posted a
salty
YouTube video talking about how he was cut from the team. It's now APG, Heinz, Ace, and Unlegit. I hear EnvyUs and CLG have made changes as well.

Damn. I was mainly following Liquid in the scene, since I enjoy watching Chig's stream.. Can't believe how much things have changed up. I mean, there was clearly something in the water for a while, they didn't play much for ages, partly because of Ninja being ill and Chig moving but there was definitely a vibe of more going on.

Now Chig is in a "management" role and Ninja has been dropped. Shame.

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I gotta ask: is MCC worth it for the online multiplayer? H5 kinda left a bad taste in my mouth and while Reach is still my favorite, it doesn't make Halo 3 any less awesome

e: and does every game in the collection have coop campaign? Would love to replay them with my brother locally

I'd ask at the MCC topic, played it over the summer and enjoyed multiplayer in each game (except part 1, hoofa), but never did any local coop.

Glass

The amazing pictures people came up with starting at 3 were a huge part of the community aspect for me in Halo, I'm still in theatre taking screenshots all the time. I think they should add a spot for funny or great screenshots with the community play of the week portion of the blogs, especially now forge is out.
Pretty much any screenshot is like 'here, something you don't get in any other game.'

I miss Reach. I hope they remaster it soon.

Yes split screen is available on all titles in MCC including ODST, just beware the framerate is very inconsistent at best and is straight nightmare in a lot of sections.

Glass

Cool, parts of the Halo lan at the X Games is going to be televised

http://xgames.espn.go.com/xgames/as...hampionship-tour-coming-x-games?addata=social

They need to have ready a 'Halo for dummies' introduction to explain the beauty of competitive Halo is in its simplicity: 4 v 4, even starts, power weapons you dont want the enemy getting their hands on, first to X wins. Hope it gains some traction. ESPN just started an e sports twitter handle, do they have a channel dedicated to it yet?

14. Minecraft: Story Mode
15. Halo 5: Guardians

I get that kids gobble up Minecraft, but damn.
Minecraft is already a seemingly unstoppable juggernaut and telltale games have been gaining lots of momentum for a few years now and story mode puts those 2 together, shouldn't be surprising the aging Titan is behind it.

Fuchsdh

14. Minecraft: Story Mode
15. Halo 5: Guardians

I get that kids gobble up Minecraft, but damn.

I remember everyone laughing at Microsoft for buying Mojang, saying that Minecraft had already peaked.

They're probably well on their way to having recouped that purchase price.

singhr1

http://xgames.espn.go.com/xgames/as...hampionship-tour-coming-x-games?addata=social

They need to have ready a 'Halo for dummies' introduction to explain the beauty of competitive Halo is in its simplicity: 4 v 4, even starts, power weapons you dont want the enemy getting their hands on, first to X wins. Hope it gains some traction. ESPN just started an e sports twitter handle, do they have a channel dedicated to it yet?

REAL E-SPORTS

I think Halo 4 actually had a more washed out look than Reach, mostly due to the glare/fringing effects and the darker colors for things like the Covenant vehicles.

With that said, Reach looks far better when modders disable the grain filter they added. And it definitely does feel drearier than 4 or any other Halo game to me.
My memory seems to be failing me lol. I do recall Halo 4 having all of the weird lighting filters and gaf kept photoshopping what the maps would look like without the filters. So yeah, good call. I forgot about those lol.

aravuus

¡HarlequinPanic!;192173256 said:
I'd ask at the MCC topic, played it over the summer and enjoyed multiplayer in each game (except part 1, hoofa), but never did any local coop.

Ah, somehow didn't see it anywhere so I figured it was dead or something. I'll find it and ask there!

Computer

Ninja should be on a better team, though he has to be less vibrant and take a step back at how he presents himself, many former teammates were annoyed that he always came of as the captain or spokesman of the team.

Ace was the captain of Liquid.. what is a complete mystery to me, that guy did nothing of worth in Halo except the Halo 4 1v1 tourney in years.

Optic was a super disappointing team results wise, H2A was a total letdown by them, in their first presence for halo 5 at cologne (and they did play Halo 5 before) they lost in the first round against European teams.

Ace's results in the last H5 tourneys were also bad, he was never the stand out player on Liquid.

UnLegit deserves better, as does Hysteria, Ninja and co.

Don't count Optic out just yet. Yesterday they beat #1 seed Allegiance in a game battle match. They are improving.

link1201

Awesome, I actually like watching Halo 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom